Oasis #008: Nightmare

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!

Okay, I'm not an expert in Egyptian Mythology, but I believe hippos are a sign of bad luck/bad omen.

Hippo's could mean a lot in Ancient Egypt, motherhood, fights, etc - This page took a lot of effort and work. I wanted to show a lot of things, the wolves vs the fennec foxes. The death of Seqenenre while Kaipo is wearing a special attire and jewels, holding the war crown.
So it wasn't an easy page. There's a meaning for the Red and Blue
Red are the Seth followers.
Blue is for the Amon Followers.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Red are the Seth followers.
Blue is for the Amon Followers.
That's a bit surprising. I know of Set(h)'s antagonistic relation with Horus, but I don't remember ever hearing about conflict with Amon. Then again, my knowledge of Egyptian mythology is casual at best.

The Hyksos used Egyptian titles associated with traditional Egyptian kingship, and took the Egyptian god Set to represent their own titulary deity. The native Egyptians viewed the Hyksos as non-Egyptian "invaders". When they were eventually driven out of Egypt, all traces of their occupation were erased.

The Theban's (Waset/Wase) believed in Amon, which became a huge cult; especially in the 18th Dynasty. Apepa/Apophis (The Hyksos King) wanted to get rid of the Theban rulers (Seqenenre Ta'o) you'll see in the comic how that came to be.

Though, I need to add that The Hyksos merged Set with a Deity of their own, forming it into Sutek/Soetech. I read that in a book but I guess with time and the stories they told they went to 'Set vs Amon' - I think, when I'm better, I'll look again in my books about it, right now I'm still resting. XD