Oasis #006: A request for Prayers

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!

Hm...I too would've thought that being twins they would share some twin telepathy of sorts. That's how that works...right? XD

But seriously though, I suspect that the groom to be isn't all too happy about being kept in the dark like this.

Since Kamose has entered the scene, I can now explain both brothers their name and I'll try to see how I can let you know how to 'pronounce' it. (I don't think there's a right way to pronounce due to the fact we have no idea how their language sounded in that time ...)

Comic/Story wise:

Kamose is the eldest by almost 3,5 years with Ahmose. Being the eldest, he is shorter than his younger brother. Ahmose has a beard, while Kamose doesn't (The crown-prince or eldest in line always had to shave and trim their hair. As you see, Ahmose has a pony tail while Kamose is trimmed). Ahmose wasn't raised as strict Kamose was by their father Seqenenre. Both share a unique brother bond with one and another. They have the same birth-mother; Ahhotep.

Both have 'mose(s)' in their name, moses means "birth", "born" or "is born".

'Kamose' he seems to be the only one in the family bearing that name, my theory will explain later why or it would be a spoiler.

BIRTH NAME:

Ka mesu
kꜢ-ms(w)
The soul is born

Kamose can also mean; the 'bull' is born - but I think that's an altering of his own name in the 'future' on his stele's.

"The Ancient Egyptians believed that a soul was made up of five parts: the Ren (name) , the Ba (The personality), the Ka (Vital Spark (Soul, Spirit)), the Sheut (the shadow), and the Jb (the heart)."

How to pronounce the English version: 'Kah - Moses' (Moses as in how you say Mozes... Remove the last 'S')
The right version would be: "Kah - Mes-u (Messi - messy)"

____
'Ah mose' is not how it was said in ancient times. 'Ah' (moon) was 'Iah' and 'Mose' was 'Messi' or 'Messu'
His name means: "The moon is born"

BIRTH NAME:

Iah mesu
iꜤh-msi(w)

The way you say 'Ahmose' in English would: 'Ah moses' (Moses as in how you say Mozes... Remove the last 'S')
The right version would be: "Ia (imagine the anime girls going IA!!!!! (No!)) Mes-u (Messi - messy)"

____
To make it easier as I said in a previous post, "Ahmose" was a very popular name at the ending of the 17th Dynasty - 18th Dynasty due to their ruling Deity in Waset; (Thebes - Present Luxor) Amon. I firmly believe it's also a name to the two boys grandfather: 'Ahmose Senakthenre' (more on him later) I think it's a tribute to name their children to their grandfather who passed away.
Because, our Ahmose isn't the only one named like this, their sisters and brothers are also named: 'Ahmose (extra name)'
So to make it less confusing, I gave them all nicknames.

Kamose: 'Kam or Messi'
Ahmose: 'Iago'

You'll see the use of these names later in the comic. When they are 'formal' they use their proper given birth names...

____
Spoiler about Seqenenre Ta'o - Warning graphic images of his mummy. So I hid it under the Spoiler Tag.

Here you can hear the 'English' way of saying it. I say his name quite differently. "Sek-en-en-rey" - I will tell more about him in the next post but if you'd be interested in which time area they are.

I will re-use this clip later to make it easier for me how to explain their situation ... Because this one comes very close to the truth ...

As for the twin;
Sais: 'Sai - s' (Like how you pronounce the Sai Weapon)
Kaipo: 'Kai - Poh'

Tetisheri : Teti-Seri - more on Tetisheri in future posts. I think I wrote enough *giggles*

Did anyone read this at all? XD *nerd spasm*

;) - Who knows ... With those girls? Anything is possible ...​

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Since Kamose has entered the scene, I can now explain both brothers their name and I'll try to see how I can let you know how to 'pronounce' it. (I don't think there's a right way to pronounce due to the fact we have no idea how their language sounded in that time ...)

Comic/Story wise:

Kamose is the eldest by almost 3,5 years with Ahmose. Being the eldest, he is shorter than his younger brother. Ahmose has a beard, while Kamose doesn't (The crown-prince or eldest in line always had to shave and trim their hair. As you see, Ahmose has a pony tail while Kamose is trimmed). Ahmose wasn't raised as strict Kamose was by their father Seqenenre. Both share a unique brother bond with one and another. They have the same birth-mother; Ahhotep.

Both have 'mose(s)' in their name, moses means "birth", "born" or "is born".

'Kamose' he seems to be the only one in the family bearing that name, my theory will explain later why or it would be a spoiler.

BIRTH NAME:

Ka mesu
kꜢ-ms(w)
The soul is born

Kamose can also mean; the 'bull' is born - but I think that's an altering of his own name in the 'future' on his stele's.

"The Ancient Egyptians believed that a soul was made up of five parts: the Ren (name) , the Ba (The personality), the Ka (Vital Spark (Soul, Spirit)), the Sheut (the shadow), and the Jb (the heart)."

How to pronounce the English version: 'Kah - Moses' (Moses as in how you say Mozes... Remove the last 'S')
The right version would be: "Kah - Mes-u (Messi - messy)"

____
'Ah mose' is not how it was said in ancient times. 'Ah' (moon) was 'Iah' and 'Mose' was 'Messi' or 'Messu'
His name means: "The moon is born"

BIRTH NAME:

Iah mesu
iꜤh-msi(w)

The way you say 'Ahmose' in English would: 'Ah moses' (Moses as in how you say Mozes... Remove the last 'S')
The right version would be: "Ia (imagine the anime girls going IA!!!!! (No!)) Mes-u (Messi - messy)"

____
To make it easier as I said in a previous post, "Ahmose" was a very popular name at the ending of the 17th Dynasty - 18th Dynasty due to their ruling Deity in Waset; (Thebes - Present Luxor) Amon. I firmly believe it's also a name to the two boys grandfather: 'Ahmose Senakthenre' (more on him later) I think it's a tribute to name their children to their grandfather who passed away.
Because, our Ahmose isn't the only one named like this, their sisters and brothers are also named: 'Ahmose (extra name)'
So to make it less confusing, I gave them all nicknames.

Kamose: 'Kam or Messi'
Ahmose: 'Iago'

You'll see the use of these names later in the comic. When they are 'formal' they use their proper given birth names...

____
Spoiler about Seqenenre Ta'o - Warning graphic images of his mummy. So I hid it under the Spoiler Tag.

Here you can hear the 'English' way of saying it. I say his name quite differently. "Sek-en-en-rey" - I will tell more about him in the next post but if you'd be interested in which time area they are.

I will re-use this clip later to make it easier for me how to explain their situation ... Because this one comes very close to the truth ...

As for the twin;
Sais: 'Sai - s' (Like how you pronounce the Sai Weapon)
Kaipo: 'Kai - Poh'

Tetisheri : Teti-Seri - more on Tetisheri in future posts. I think I wrote enough *giggles*

Did anyone read this at all? XD *nerd spasm*

;) - Who knows ... With those girls? Anything is possible ...​
That was one long read...and one long tongue twister with their names...

Yup, hence they will get nicknames in time in the comic and I don't mind calling them 'Iago' and 'Kam/Messi' on here.
Wait until you hear their sisters names ... I know that Kamose and Ahmose had an elder brother named 'Ahmose-Sipairi' so that's another tongue twister ;)
I study them since the year 2000-2001 - so to me it's less confusing. Though, I wonder (which I will use as a gag in the comic) if someone came in the room shouting: "Hey Ahmose!" that a lot of heads would turn around to that person. XD

"You talking to me?"
"No, I don't even like you, the 3rd guy from the left row, no, not you either, the other left!"