1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art Mr. AMP's Art Corner

Discussion in 'Community Works' started by MrAMP, May 26, 2014.

1. AranKirostok

AranKirostok Da Wolf

Personal Text:
    Once you die, you're dead
    I really like the Templar one ^^

2. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

I like them both. The Templar one seems like a life portrait. Like what you see of old kings and.... well anyone who had any money to get one haha.... the Rise and Shine one is in the moment, something harder to do for some people to do. Or maybe it's just me.

3. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Thanks @AranKirostok & @Sheacka as I too enjoyed the Templar one. I really like not shading that one as the shades would simply take away from the piece itself. At least, that's my opinion.

And here's this week's renders. Please note that I say renders as I do not draw these pictures. Please refer to the name below each piece for the person who drew this.

Piece #1: Luna Happy
    Luna-Happy!.jpg
    Line Art: Mastergodai
    For this one, I decided to use a special technique that @Tiger1001 showed me during one of his streams in which the line art itself is set to Overlay. I decided not to add any shadows to this one as I wanted to test it out.

Piece #2: Portal Claire
    Portal-Claire.jpg
    Line Art: Hihoshi
    Again, this piece was another test of that whole Overlay technique. The line art was rather messy due to the commission being in pencil.

Piece #3: AMP Waves
    AMP-Waves-copy.jpg
    Line Art: Mastergodai
    This one was the final one for the week. I decided to do shadowing on this one to see how it would effect the line art. I actually enjoyed how this one came about. I do realize that the eyes have no shadows on them.

Phuufy likes this.
  4. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

nice colorings

5. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I've been rather busy as of late due to wanting to catch up on some work prior to A-Kon next week. Plus I've been scripting here and there.

Rush Cosplays as Rouge from Sonic
    Bust-Rush's-Rogue.jpg
    Line art: Mastergodai
    I decided to try a new style in rendering hair from a couple of tutorials I found on DeviantArt.

Super Excited Steve
    Super-Excited-Steve.jpg
    Line art: Mastergodai
    On this one, I experimented with the gradient tool based on some tutorials and notes I took while watching a couple of artists stream.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2015, Original Post Date: May 30, 2015 ---
    Steve-Arrow-Fail.jpg
    Lin art: Skidd
    :furyKylar: OH COME ON STEVE!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    Scott Harvey, Sheacka and Rock-Scar like this.
  6. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

hehehe I see Steve's training's not going as well as he thinks it is

7. Zoie Falcona

Zoie Falcona Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Support ALS research
    Surprised we havent seen Peter here yet :p

8. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    :handsomeSnowman: I'm a champion.
    :furyKylar: No you're not!

Hm...that might be something to look forward to, but in the meanwhile, I couldn't help but to do this!
    Hug-Power.jpg
    Line Art: Nekonny
    :amazeSnowman: GAHHH!!!
    :handsomeSnowman: Kitty hugs!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 15, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 15, 2015 ---
    While I was watching a couple of Picarto Streams, I decided to render these two images.

Running-Sesame.jpg
    Line Art: Skidd
    For this one, I was experimenting with the shadowing coloration to see if I couldn't devise a better shading coloration rather than using multiply over and over again. I used the pen tool for the shadows and a stellar flat coloring process that took only seven minutes.

Farron-FF-Online-Outfit.jpg
    Line Art: Skidd
    As for this one, featuring everyone's favorite pack rat in Final Fantasy Online Realm Reborn. I decided to go about using the airbrush tool rather than the pen tool. I also experimented with shadow anatomy.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
    FOX-POP and Scott Harvey like this.
  9. Zoie Falcona

Zoie Falcona Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Support ALS research

10. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    TMI

11. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

haha, Yay for abstract backgrounds

12. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Hey all you folks!

My bad for the delay in getting some of these up. Not going to lie, but with one of my coworkers (former coworker to be exact) up and quite her job after deleting a ton of stuff. I had to take care of that. I'm also working on some side projects here and there.

But I have a ton of images to upload and work on. So here it goes.

Battle.jpg
    Line art by Nekonny
    I don’t know how the topic switched over to Pokemon, but it did during one of Nekonny's many streams from awhile back. Here we have everyone’s favorite White Guy, Steve, cosplaying as Stevechu.

Claire-and-Mason-as-Rick-and-Morty.jpg
    Line art by Phuufy
    I also came across this one while cleaning up my hard drive. During one of Phuufy s many streams, someone made a comment about Rick and Morty and how Claire and Mason excepted similar characteristics to those two.

Five-Nights-at-Steve.jpg
    Line art by Nekonny
    During that same stream I mentioned in my previous uploads, the conversation turned to a lively discussion on Five Nights at Freddy’s. In a twist, we have Tina volunteering to watch Steve’s Steamery. Sadly, no one told her of the roaming Steve bots.

Hammer-Time.jpg
    Line art by Skidd
    While cleaning out my laptop, I came across this image I commissioned Skidd for yet another piece involving my Caribbean Blue White Guy, Steve in his pursuit of an UberQuest career. It would appear that Mason is rather confused with Steve’s Hammer Time dance. Poor Mason.

Stevechu.jpg
    Line art by Nekonny
    I don’t know how the topic switched over to Pokemon, but it did during one of Nekonny‘s many streams from awhile back. Here we have everyone’s favorite White Guy, Steve, cosplaying as Stevechu.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
    Scott Harvey and Rock-Scar like this.
  13. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

Wow really cool :D the pokemon one made me laugh

14. Luraiokun

Luraiokun New Member

I love all of these. Especially the hammertime pic XD

15. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Now that tax season and my personal family issues have been resolved, time to knock out some of these old Patreon images I’ve received from backing some stellar artists.

Cheer On with Sophia Ranger

Cheer-On-with-Sophia-Ranger.jpg

To start things off, here is Sophia Ranger from my discontinued comic Project GENESIST encouraging all the students from AMP University to cheer it up with here. I decided to experiment with the line art this time around by adding color with it. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Line art done by Mastergodai

Hawke is All Dolled Up

Dolled-Up-Hawke.jpg

Yeah…this one has a funny story behind it. I was out on an estate sale and bought an old doll for $1.00. I then sold it to a collector for $100. I was kind of running out of ideas and thought why not have my favorite character from Knuckle Up dressed up as an actual doll. If it helps, he…I mean she is enjoying it. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Ninja AMP

Final-Fantasy-Ninja-AMP.jpg

I bought Final Fantasy Online Realm Reborn last year and played as the ninja. I was able to beat the primary story before the 30-Day subscription expired. I got this image to celebrate my victory. This is my weasel OC, AMP, running as a ninja. I originally planned on rendering it; however, the file became corrupt and this is all I have left of it. I added in the swish effect as an experiment. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Biker Style Hehewuti

Hehewuti-Biker-Style.jpg

Here we have Hehewuti from my discontinued comic Project GENESIST showing off her new wardrobe. For some background information, Hehewuti is a Native American inspired OC that was designed to be more of a dominating and tomboyish character, frowning upon the traditional female dresses and skirts. I still wanted to add some flare to here attire and went with a biker style. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Issy AMP

Issy-AMP.jpg

Yeah…this one also has an interesting story. During a random conversation with Shaze on Skype, we were coming up with the next bust sketch. I was having problems as I had no idea what to get. Shaze suggested an Issy version of my OC, AMP. For those that don’t know what Issy Vision is, I would recommend heading over to this page (http://rascals.katbox.net/comic/issyvision/). So here’s Rule 63 AMP, Elexis. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Modern Style Hehewuti

Modern-Hehewuti.jpg

Here we have Hehewuti from my discontinued comic Project GENESIST showing off her new wardrobe. For some background information, Hehewuti is a Native American inspired OC that was designed to be more of a dominating and tomboyish character, frowning upon the traditional female dresses and skirts. At the same time, I didn’t wish to make her too tomboyish. I therefore did some searches and came across this lovely piece of clothing. As for the pose, I was going for a model shot. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Reiko’s Pajama Party

Pajama-Party.jpg
    Here we have Reiko waking up from what appears to be the aftermath of a pajama party. On this one, I modified the line art to be more of a darker purple than normal. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Sexy AMP

Sexy-AMP.jpg

We have my weasel OC, AMP, acting all sexy with the sexy. The pose was inspired from The Love Boat’s very own Ted, the bartender. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Welcome Home

Welcome-Home.jpg

And here we have Chrissy from Rascals leaning against the wall. The idea came about from several images I studied up on with women leaning against walls. I decided to go with her shorter hair style as I just adore women with short hair. I must say that of the ten I completed this weekend, this one is by far my best work. I really experimented with the line coloration this time. I then focused on the rendering and colors here. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

Zero Suit Hehewuti

Zero-Suit-Hehewuti.jpg

Here we have Hehewuti from my discontinued comic Project GENESIST showing off her new wardrobe. For some background information, Hehewuti is a Native American inspired OC that was designed to be more of a dominating and tomboyish character, frowning upon the traditional female dresses and skirts. Because of her rather tough streak, I thought I get her in Project Zero attire. As always, I encourage everyone to critique the rendering on this one.

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 18, 2015 ---
    And let's continue on with what I've recently done.

Ninja Eliza
    Ninja-Eliza.jpg
    Went ahead and experimented a little with this one by using a combination of gradient overlays and brushes. I also used a tablet for the hair highlights.
    Line Art by Mastergodai

FBI AMP
    FBI-AMP.jpg
    Yeah...you should've seen this one coming folks. Went back to the pen tool on this one, but I'm gonna break that this time around on the next one.

Line Art by Mastergodai

Rock-Scar likes this.
  16. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

all are really cool

MrAMP likes this.
  17. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    AMP in Black
    AMP-IN-BLACK.jpg
    If you follow Addictive Science, then you would know that all the Men in Black agents get transformed into female vixens with Celia’s mad science. I thought I would get a parody of one of those agents transforming into my weasel OC, AMP.
    Line art done by Cervelet.

London Assassin AMP
    Assassin-AMP-Finished.jpg
    If you know me, then you would know I am a HUGE FAN of Assassin Creed. That’s why I had my weasel OC, AMP cosplaying as Jacob from Assassin Creed Syndicate.
    Line art done by Kuurion.

Hosed AMP
    Hosed-AMP.jpg
    I have to admit that a random Rascals Page inspired this Patreon Reward. Here we have my weasel OC, AMP, getting hosed…and is enjoying it! XD
    Line art by Mastergodai.

Senpai AMP
    Senpai-AMP.jpg
    Perhaps if I were a senpai too, then senpai will notice me. XD
    But seriously, there has been a surge in senpai art up there as of late. I therefore decided to jump on in on it too.
    Line art by Mastergodai.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2015 ---
    Party Hard Marianne!
    10-Years-Marianne-Colored.jpg
    Time to party on with Marianne
    Line art by Mastergodai
    Marianne belongs to Avencri

Black Friday AMP
    Black-Friday-AMP-Final.jpg
    Yeah…this actually happened to me during Black Friday. I did some preplanning ahead of time; however, there really wasn’t much that I wanted this time around. To me, there weren’t’ any real specials this year.
    Line art by Mastergodai

New Style Marianne!
    New Style Marianne.jpg
    What can I say? I love short hair!
    Line art by Mastergodai
    Marianne belongs to Avencri

Business Alex
    Alex-Secretary.jpg
    Alex in a business suit? She does run an art gallery after all!
    Line art by Mastergodai
    Alex belongs to Avencri

Santa AMP
    Santa-AMP-Finale.jpg
    It’s Christmas!!! And what better way to celebrate than to have AMP in a Santa suit.
    Line art by Kuurion

Merchant Steve
    Farron-Job.jpg
    In continuation of Steve Quest, Steve helps Farron unload some merchandise…in the wrong way.
    Line art by Skidd

Avencri, Rock-Scar and Sheacka like this.
  18. FOX-POP

FOX-POP PӨP gσєѕ тнє FӨX

Personal Text:
    POP goes the FOX
    Very nice!!! :D I like how you made those poses look so dynamic (especially the first!)

19. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    For verification, are you talking about the colors or the line art? I ask as I did not draw these. I've put the name of each artist down at the end of each piece.

FOX-POP likes this.
  20. FOX-POP

FOX-POP PӨP gσєѕ тнє FӨX

Personal Text:
    POP goes the FOX
    no, I also talk about the color! your way to shade works well on those linearts! ;)

21. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    OH! In that case, I've been studying quite a bit on color theory and several images on FurAffinity. But I heavily, and I do mean heavily, study the streams of several Katbox artist, specifically Mastergodai and UStudios. I also keep an eye on Phuufy and Skidd's color style and shadow perspective. I tried experimenting with some unique styles such as Avencri, Nekonny, and Kuurion, but I was never really satisfied with how they turned out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 23, 2015 ---
    Drama Sandwich
    Drama-Chrissy-Finale.jpg
    If you read Rascals, then you know Drama always follows Chrissy around. So I was thinking of everyday events where drama could unfold. I had a sandwich the other day and didn’t have the vegetables on it. So I put two and two together and got this!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 24, 2016 ---
    Gift to MG
    Gift-to-MG.jpg
    I got this one for @Michelle Gregourii as a random gift. This actually came about as a result of a random discussion about her OC having short hair.

Beach Babe Reiko
    Beach-Babe-REiko.jpg
    *Tries to figure out what he was trying to say.*
    Sorry...say what now?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2016 ---
    And now here's the next four...

AMP Sign

AMP-Sign.jpg
    Truthfully, I just wanted my OC to do the peace sign.
    Line art by Kuurion

Booth Babe Chrissy

Booth Babe Chrissy.jpg
    I really like those outfits that are in The Eye of Ramalach. And out of all the women, I thought Godai's Chrissy would work the best here.
    Line art by Mastergodai

Dream
    Eliza-Stares.jpg
    I thank Toonami's Dream video for the inspiration for this one.
    Line art by Mastergodai

Kitty Chrissy
    Kitty-Chrissy.jpg
    I know I might be late on this one, but I really like that Kitty Cat Lingerie deal going on all over the internet. If you're wondering why Chrissy is confused, it is because Chrissy is a civet...not a cat.
    Line art by Mastergodai

Michelle Gregourii likes this.
  22. Nekonny

Nekonny Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Personal Text:
    But its a good one!
    Woe, so many great works here man, I'm really impressed! :heartKBNekonny:

MrAMP likes this.
  23. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Shoot Them Dead
    Hehewuti-shooter.jpg
    For those of you who aren’t aware, Hehewuti is more tomboyish than her friend, Princess Luna. She’s sporting a new cowgirl look.
    Line art by Avencri

Southern Belle Hehewuti
    pat_amp_17.jpg

For those of you who aren’t aware, Hehewuti is more tomboyish than her friend, Princess Luna. She’s sporting a new Southern Belle look. Hehewuti will kill me later for this.
    Line art by Avencri

OBJECTION
    OBJECTION.jpg

Again, I’m going old school with some of these.
    Line art by Kuurion

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2016 ---
    Secretary Yuki
    Secretary-Yuki.jpg
    I originally planned on doing a secretary style for Yuki, but then I thought why not go all restaurant look for her.
    Line Art by Nekonny

Rock-Scar and SilverBlaze like this.
  24. Sheacka

Sheacka I like Pie

Hay, been a wile I had some computer trouble and am only recently getting back to the Katbox comics, so I got catting up to do (again) and this was one of the stops I had to make,

MrAMP likes this.
  25. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    And even more goodies...

Chrissy's Towel
    Chrissy's-Towel.jpg
    Line art by Mastergodai
    Colors by Mr. AMP

Cute Science
    Claire-and-Proto-by-Val-done.jpg