1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are holding a fundraiser to expand our website and reach. You can visit our GoFundMe page for more information or to make a contribution. Follow the news forum for notices of events we are holding to further raise funds.
    Dismiss Notice

Character List of available characters for questions

Discussion in 'Chalo's Works' started by Curran, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Curran

Curran ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ Staff Member Administrator

Here is the current list of characters that you may ask questions to. They are going to be grouped by what timeline they are all in, please respect that. Characters will not answer questions outside of their timeline (for example, Hope is in Learning Curves, she will not be able to answer questions about Las Lindas' Miles, Tiare can talk about college, but not her career after, and so on).

That said, for questions not belonging to a specific timeline, such as general ones or something about food, that is okay to ask between timelines, as it doesn't impact anything.

Anyway, here is this list:

Las Lindas
    Mora
    Minos
    Miles
    Taffy
    Sarah
    Rachael
    Randal
    Idward
    Digit
    Din and Jin
    Alejandra
    Tootsie
    Ambar
    Vincent
    Sunny

Learning Curves
    Davin
    Toby
    Sammy
    Ann
    Angel
    Tiare
    Hope
    Tiggs
    Vixy
    Shin

Knighthood
    Joy
    Drake
    Ayah

Dungeons and Dames
    Pepper-Ann
    Tila (special case, she is in the actual game setting)
    Cocoa

Breasts are the Best
    Messiah

Characters outside of the standard timeline
    Nina (since she is everywhere, she kinda is just there ;p )

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  2. Gawayne

Gawayne Katbox Forum Member

A thought occurred to me.

Even though Diana is dead and technically wouldn't be available for questions there are a lot of fans, I believe, who would like to know more about her and get her opinions on a few things.

Would it be plausible to have a character profile for her to answer questions? Though I supposed she'd only have knowledge of things that happened in her lifetime.

3. Unico

Unico Devil on Your Shoulder

Personal Text:
    This text is very personal to me.
    I don't think that would be good for much more than spoilers, BUT I would like to see a Zombie Diana account pop up on Halloween. You've got forum events on other holidays.

4. Gawayne

Gawayne Katbox Forum Member

That would be funny, but if a question is a spoiler she could pull a Minos and outright ignore it, or only give her opinion about current events.

Though I know it would have some catches I would love to see a Diana account.

5. Ironfoot

Ironfoot Prime Minister of Fun!

Home Page:
    She could only answer questions if the questioner is asking as if in a Seance or Ouija board.

6. Unico

Unico Devil on Your Shoulder

Personal Text:
    This text is very personal to me.
    She may also be lured into threads with offerings of brains or fresh meat.

7. vgmaster9

vgmaster9 Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    I'd like to see other characters have accounts, like Kayin, Grace, Canela, Halite, Dischordia, Ailana, Geecku, Naerie, and Vincent.

8. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

Characters like Kayin, Grace, and Naerie have hardly had speaking roles in the comic, let alone major roles with the story. I can see some of them getting active on the forum in the future, but they'd really need to play a big role.

As for Dischordia and Halite, it just seems strange when their players are already on here. You can essentially ask questions about their characters directly to them and you'd get an answer. It'd just be out of character since they're speaking as the character creator rather than the character.

Also, I think its been established that Geecku won't be speaking on the forum due to her very limited connection with the modern world. I'm guessing the same with Ailana since she's from an island setting and has had a very limited role with the comic.

9. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

If I may ask here, think Bengala can be added to the cast forum? Seeing as he is officially in a major role in Crest Diaries now and I can think of a few good questions for him.

10. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

[quote author=Chaos Sepher link=topic=8108.msg209250#msg209250 date=1326313300]
    If I may ask here, think Bengala can be added to the cast forum? Seeing as he is officially in a major role in Crest Diaries now and I can think of a few good questions for him.
    [/quote]

I think the issue with that is that Crest Diaries takes place years before the time when Las Lindas takes place. IIRC the reason that Kate is on the forum is because she has a presence in present day Neo Earth through Knighthood.

11. Sussoloc

Sussoloc Global Moderator

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Wish you were here?
    [quote author=Chaos Sepher link=topic=8108.msg209250#msg209250 date=1326313300]
    [/quote]

I'm not sure if I'd think of Bengala's role in the Crest Diaries story to be a comparatively major one right now. Granted, he's becoming increasingly involved with Kate's perspective of the events of CD, so he could be considered for a character account. Frankly though, I think it's a wonder that Kate has a profile here (considering how little modern technology has to do with her lifestyle), let alone Bengala.

I guess there'd be no harm in it, but at the end of the day, it's really down to whether the authors consider Bengala to be anything above a tertiary character.

Edit: Looking at WT's response, I guess it's unlikely that Bengala will have an account here, at least before he makes an appearance in one of our present-day comics, like Knighthood.

12. Neku villiers

Neku villiers Geecku victim 7024

Personal Text:
    Steampunk for the wins!!
    Mora. Could you possibly hire a miss geecku (no last name)? She's unemployed and its the best i can do to... Repay her.

13. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    So we're talking to LC tiare?

14. Chaos Sepher

Gotta ask, will Geecku be getting an account soon? The implications of Geecku playing with a computer alone are hilarious.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2013 ---
    I wish to refresh the above question about Geecku possibly getting in on the Ask Character questions, as it seems relevant and I would love to see her interactions to questions.

While I am at it, I am curious what Tila's status is for the ask characters as she is a "real" character in Learning Curves now.

15. SoulKat

SoulKat Katbox Forum Member

There's a few things I need to do. But I think it would be great to have a Geecku account.

Rock-Scar and Chaos Sepher like this.
  16. Aeri

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Am i the only one to get vaguely annoyed by the questions that are P-Much just

"Hey X what do you think of *Random link to thing*"

17. SoulKat

SoulKat Katbox Forum Member

I don't like the idea of discouraging other members from asking questions. Please do not do that. Even if you don't feel they are substantial enough, I do enjoy answering them.

18. Aeri

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Idly wondering if you guys would consider revisiting some of the older, Well actually UNvisited questions, I recall asking some a while back and being a touch disappointed. (And i'm not sure if reposting would be appropriate since said questions were Pre updated question thing.)

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Rebel

Personal Text:
    Stand up for what you believe in!
    Same, altough I'm sure mine will be rightfully ignored as they ask a little too much into the story.

20. Chaos Sepher

At this time I think it might be a good idea to divide the character topics into a sub forum within Chalo's tab. Especially with the more frequent updates it might be prudent to divide them from the other comic topics.

Also would like to poke at the point of when Geecku is gonna join in the fun? Heck even Ailana has been answering questions now.

21. TheHunter

TheHunter Rebel

Personal Text:
    Stand up for what you believe in!
    I want Kayin.

The world needs more Kayin.

Darth Dies likes this.
  22. Aeri

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Aaaal i want is to lean about our NanoZell fiends owo.

But honestly, Myself and a few others have asked questions in the past to no avail, Only the ones near the top of the forum are answered it seems.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  23. WanderingBlackDragon

WanderingBlackDragon New Member

[Post was deleted by Poster]

Last edited: May 26, 2015