Comic Las Lindas: Right Now

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Looks like a certain pup is going to enjoy his shower after all, especially considering that one commission that Chalo got from Rishi-Chan.

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Oh boy looks like Randal is gonna give her a carrot, wonder how adult the next page or pages will get. Also is anybody else getting chills from Taffy's expression in the last panel ? Think it's her Ria side may be coming out ?

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
As much as I love seeing these two as a couple, I'm not sure where I stand about what's going on. I want to fully endorse what is about to happen, because I really like these two characters and think they make an awesome couple, but I also feel like we just witnessed a huge, not-so-subtle character shift. I don't recall either of them showing a profound interest in getting intimate, before, so this seems like a huge change in character. Randal's reaction towards all of this is fairly believable, as he seems genuinely nervous and making sure that Taffy's all on board for it. Taffy, on the other hand, doesn't seem nearly as nervous and, instead, is pretty enthusiastic about all of this -- which seems really out-of-character for her.

I think I would've been more into all of this if we were 'eased into it'. What I mean is if we saw a little more of a gradual build-up to the two of them getting intimate. Even though we saw tidbits of this throughout the comic (e.g., their date, the kiss they shared, sharing a bed), it always seemed very marginal and brief. That's not to say there isn't any kind of build-up or development in their relationship (I mean, I just listed a few examples), but a lot of it felt like it happened off-screen or seemed to be very rushed.

Anyways, I am happy to see this couple finally taking things to a new, more intimate level. I'm just not sure if their relationship got enough time and progression for this major change piece of character development to feel organic.

XiahouDun1225

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 26, 2016
As much as I love seeing these two as a couple, I'm not sure where I stand about what's going on. I want to fully endorse what is about to happen, because I really like these two characters and think they make an awesome couple, but I also feel like we just witnessed a huge, not-so-subtle character shift. I don't recall either of them showing a profound interest in getting intimate, before, so this seems like a huge change in character. Randal's reaction towards all of this is fairly believable, as he seems genuinely nervous and making sure that Taffy's all on board for it. Taffy, on the other hand, doesn't seem nearly as nervous and, instead, is pretty enthusiastic about all of this -- which seems really out-of-character for her.

I think I would've been more into all of this if we were 'eased into it'. What I mean is if we saw a little more of a gradual build-up to the two of them getting intimate. Even though we saw tidbits of this throughout the comic (e.g., their date, the kiss they shared, sharing a bed), it always seemed very marginal and brief. That's not to say there isn't any kind of build-up or development in their relationship (I mean, I just listed a few examples), but a lot of it felt like it happened off-screen or seemed to be very rushed.

Anyways, I am happy to see this couple finally taking things to a new, more intimate level. I'm just not sure if their relationship got enough time and progression for this major change piece of character development to feel organic.
Well it could be the case that she really is ready to move their relationship forward, and I mean she has kind of grown out of the shell she was in when she was introduced.

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
Ipswich Queensland Australia
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Don't judge unless you enjoy being judged.
Wait....shower together? OMG She IS going to share the SnowPuff shampoo. Big relationship step taken. I a m so proud. ;__;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"..."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teendmax

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 11, 2013

I agree I would like to add my two cent as someone who dislikes Taffy and this relationship.

From a narrative stance I get the feeling that their relationship is being rushed to setup for the eventual marriage and financial conflict around the corner. I wont lie that I got this feeling before in past arcs and has become a compliant I have with the overall comic when it happens. For Taffy's this shift in her behavior also reinforces my view of her as obliviously selfish. We spent this whole time with her waiting for her to feel ready and now she becomes Mora in one page. I know that this is meant to be a big moment and a hurdle for Taffy but its still doesn't come across that way to me(I've ranted so much past so I'll keep this short). I also agree it would make for sense for them to have the " big date" the leads to this. At least that way while I dislike this kind of relationship it would feel more like a natural step.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I had the chance to think on this a little bit, since traveling and road trips give me plenty of time for that.

My initial post made it sound like I saw little-to-no progression or character development with these two, and that's not really fair. From when we first met these two, they've developed a bunch, and in different ways. In addition, their relationship has grown, with time.

I think my issue is mostly with Taffy's response. Randal's response, while affirming and eager, shows him being somewhat nervous and anxious about the whole thing -- a response that I think is apt for his character. Seeing Taffy being the more enthusiastic and eager one of the two of them is something new, so I may have been taken by surprise. It's totally normal for her to have a change of mind and realizing she is ready for this, but it felt a lot of the development and change of character was internal or unseen. If it was on-screen change, it may have just been sudden.

Just to be clear, I am totally okay with Taffy accepting her love for Randal and being ready to get intimate with him. We've seen them dating for a while, now, and Randal has been very patient and supportive. I just thought Taffy's reaction was the more surprising one.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Am I wondering if puppers has a condom hidden in his pocket or will him pull out?
Unless Taffy's biggest concern is getting an STD, then I think she's 'safe' to go ahead without it -- assuming she wants to take the smallest of risks.

Ambar tackled the question of pregnancy and conception, and, unless the lore surrounding Prime biology has been retconned, she's stated that interracial conception has a fairly low chance of happening.

The chances of conception between two different Prime races is very low, about 5% on the average. Sometimes it is higher, sometimes lower, due to specific interactions between two races and their natural sexual advantages. Humans and Primes share these same chances.

I can understand your question. If the chances are so low, then why are there so many? But you must realize that parents will keep trying. Just because the conception rate is 5% doesn't mean that the actual population will be 5%. Where it may only take one night with similar Prime races, it may take a month with different ones. Some of your examples don't qualify for this, though. Lions and Cats have a similar genetic background, for example, and their rate of conception is much higher, if not over 90%.

lang2004

Satania's Loyal Follower
Aug 1, 2008
Brazil
Unless Taffy's biggest concern is getting an STD, then I think she's 'safe' to go ahead without it -- assuming she wants to take the smallest of risks.

Ambar tackled the question of pregnancy and conception, and, unless the lore surrounding Prime biology has been retconned, she's stated that interracial conception has a fairly low chance of happening.

Ah then it makes it total sense, thanks for clarifying!