Comic Las Lindas: Ria's Choices

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
This is quite the touching page and reminds me of this particular quote...

He who learns must suffer.
And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget.
Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
And in our own despite, against our will,
Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
It probably wasn't necessary for Taffy to talk about her tragic past, but it certainly drove the point home. Taffy's explanation of the hair-dying incident puts the old bonus arc in a new light; who knew something as cutesy as her pink hair was an important part of that moment of bravery for her, and partially what helped her stand up to her mother for being such a horrible parent.

Taffy wasn't rewarded for her bravery (at least not in the way she should have been), but it's awesome how she found wisdom in all the misery and tragedy. It's also awesome to see that Sarah is starting to understand the importance of having an education, although that does leave one to wonder what route Sarah will pursue, in the future (e.g., go to college, study at a trade school).

Taffy bringing up her sad past also makes me wonder if we'll ever see her get justice for all that she went through. Taffy's mother robbed Taffy of a chance to live a normal childhood and stay at home with her father and siblings. It'd be awesome for Taffy to reconnect with her siblings, at some point, and possibly get an apology or two from her parents -- assuming they're not deceased. But, who knows, maybe Taffy's already at peace with all of this and it's behind her, now.

Teendmax

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 11, 2013
While I understand the message of this page and its a good one but I still have and underlining problem here.

The problem I have this set up is Taffy herself. She is like in her 20s right so why can't she take her own advise? She said that the opportunity is lost but that just raises other questions for me. 1. How much does she make working and living on Las Lindas? 2. How expensive are the colleges and do they offer payment plans for tuition? 3. Are the not any adult education or online classes offered?

With these questions in mind without proper explanation I find myself unable to completely sympathize with her and also questioning where the story is going with her aside from the marriage drama coming up.

Meijin_Sigma

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
While I understand the message of this page and its a good one but I still have and underlining problem here.

The problem I have this set up is Taffy herself. She is like in her 20s right so why can't she take her own advise? She said that the opportunity is lost but that just raises other questions for me. 1. How much does she make working and living on Las Lindas? 2. How expensive are the colleges and do they offer payment plans for tuition? 3. Are the not any adult education or online classes offered?

With these questions in mind without proper explanation I find myself unable to completely sympathize with her and also questioning where the story is going with her aside from the marriage drama coming up.

Look at it this way, maybe Taffy realizing that she need to take her own advice, thus realizing it to be good advice, well why not pass it along to someone that it can help.
Now for your questions.
1. Even if she is making a good amount there are expenses, which will be explained with the next two answers.
2. A Freggin lot, seriously money for school is ridiculous, even with student aid which will bite you later isn't enough to help, in fact many students has opt out of gaining education all together. Why, even IF you graduate and can pay back student loans there's still the task of getting a position which is even more difficult than the education all together, in short some make it most don't.
3.Sure for a high school diploma level, while it's good to have, it's nothing that will get you a dream job. Many will settle for this and get a job just enough to live, which isn't that much.

Speaking from experience there I understand Taffy well here. It's like you have no mind of your own, no will, no direction. Taffy is now probably seeing that now
and seeing Sarah much like herself just want her to have her own mind will and direction to see and make her place in the world.

but I could be wrong here

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
I know, it's such a touching moment and all.... but at the end all I could think of was "Damn, that girl has SUCH a nice ass."

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I know, it's such a touching moment and all.... but at the end all I could think of was "Damn, that girl has SUCH a nice ass."
I concur here. I suspect that Lady Ambar will use her nude vision to acquire a fine booty picture of Sarah. XD

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Before I dive (back) into this, I want to stress that it's often not easy for many adults to go back to school. Between Taffy's mother pulling her out of school and juggling things when she was looking after her dying grandfather, I imagine Taffy probably sees going back to school as a daunting task.

1. How much does she make working and living on Las Lindas?
While I doubt we'll ever see actual numbers of how much she makes, I imagine it isn't very much given that (a) Las Lindas is a fairly modest farm, and (b) being provided amenities like a room, food, water, electricity, etc. is factored into what she gets paid. Plus, if we're speaking plainly, what Taffy does isn't defined by a lot of industries as 'skilled labor', thus it isn't going to snag her a very big paycheck.

2. How expensive are the colleges and do they offer payment plans for tuition?
Once again, this is a question I doubt we'll get an answer to because there are just too many things to factor in (e.g, currency value, educational policies, type of school she'd attend). However, we can speculate.

Assuming that the education system in Prime society is very similar to the United States', one year's worth of higher education training will cost her, on average, about $21,700. Keep in mind that these are numbers for a full-time student. If Taffy's juggling her education and managing the household, it's unlikely she'd be a full-time student, thus taking more than four years and possibly costing more.

I imagine most accredited schools have some kind of financial assistance or payment plans for their students. However, there's no guarantee she'd qualify for any of the assistance offered and we can't really speculate on Taffy taking a payment plan without knowing what kind of income she has or what her credit is like.

3. Are the not any adult education or online classes offered?
Given how technologically advanced Prime society appears, I think it's safe to say that they probably have a lot of stuff to offer online. That said, not all trades or fields can be summarized into an online course -- especially the more skilled and technical ones.

Teendmax

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 11, 2013
Before I dive (back) into this, I want to stress that it's often not easy for many adults to go back to school. Between Taffy's mother pulling her out of school and juggling things when she was looking after her dying grandfather, I imagine Taffy probably sees going back to school as a daunting task.

While I doubt we'll ever see actual numbers of how much she makes, I imagine it isn't very much given that (a) Las Lindas is a fairly modest farm, and (b) being provided amenities like a room, food, water, electricity, etc. is factored into what she gets paid. Plus, if we're speaking plainly, what Taffy does isn't defined by a lot of industries as 'skilled labor', thus it isn't going to snag her a very big paycheck.

Once again, this is a question I doubt we'll get an answer to because there are just too many things to factor in (e.g, currency value, educational policies, type of school she'd attend). However, we can speculate.

Assuming that the education system in Prime society is very similar to the United States', one year's worth of higher education training will cost her, on average, about $21,700. Keep in mind that these are numbers for a full-time student. If Taffy's juggling her education and managing the household, it's unlikely she'd be a full-time student, thus taking more than four years and possibly costing more.

I imagine most accredited schools have some kind of financial assistance or payment plans for their students. However, there's no guarantee she'd qualify for any of the assistance offered and we can't really speculate on Taffy taking a payment plan without knowing what kind of income she has or what her credit is like.

Given how technologically advanced Prime society appears, I think it's safe to say that they probably have a lot of stuff to offer online. That said, not all trades or fields can be summarized into an online course -- especially the more skilled and technical ones.
True we won't mostly likely get an answer for financial reasons why she can't go to college. So the only possible solutions to that problem is 1. She gets a raise to psy for college. 2. Randal decides to give her money. 3. lady Deus ex machina scholarship.

As for her personal reasons while I see what the story is doing with her I can't fully sympathize with her because there is nothing aside from the financial concerns and her mind set stopping her from at least trying. I've seen people including members of my family go back to college while being single parents, older, or other issues and still have a career even if they couldn't achieve everything they wished for. I don't want to sound harsh or mean but since this is how I view taffy and her situation the message has less of an impact on me at least.