Las Lindas Las Lindas on VHS (Part 2)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
Gallery Volunteer
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
Four years ago, as part of a project I was working on called The Honest Second, I videotaped the screen of my computer while I had some Las Lindas stuff up, then stuck that tape in the VCR and taped that. The finished product was piped back into the computer using an analog to digital conventer.

I uploaded a few of the stills at the time; now, since I'm working on a fanfic that leans on analog TV as a plot device, I'm uploading a few more. These aren't all of them, but most of the rest are duplicates and I don't know how interested people would be at seeing Miles Lionheart's face with varying degrees of tape distortion.

Some of the stills are entirely recognizeable, provided you remember what the Las Lindas homepage layout looked like in 2009:

Others seem familiar without really being placeable:

And some are fairly recognizable comic fragments:

I only remember the process vaguely, but I do know it took a full evening (the Las Lindas stills are interspersed with shots of The Late Show with David Letterman and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson). Unfortunately I don't have the videos I pulled these stills from; I didn't copy the video folder from my old computer when I upgraded in 2011. If I had the right equipment again, I'd probably try this again someday.

blazah99

Katbox Forum Member
May 7, 2012
Ocean View Hawaii
Omg... hey you think you can get a clean still of Mora in the yellow dress and the tree shes under? Ive been looking for the image of that for long time but it seems to have been wiped off the face of the internet. <D

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
Gallery Volunteer
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
I have a couple that are clearer than that one, but nothing that could be called clean:

I wish I still had the original video file I pulled these from, but that hard drive went to e-cycle back in 2012. The Wayback Machine over at the Internet Archive has the Katbox archived in it, but it won't display any of the archived pages as long as the site's robots.txt file prohibits it. The pages are still archived there - at one point the robots.txt file was changed, and the archives became available. However, when I asked SoulKat about that he, he had the blocking put back in place. Your best bet for getting the old Flash header file is to politely ask him or one of the webmasters and see if they have a copy.