Comic Las Lindas: Make It Count

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

sogen_kaiju

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Orange, CA
You know the thought occurs that Mora could avoid this whole mess by simply making the quite reasonable request that Randall and Taffy delay and reschedule the wedding for such a time as when the farm is in a more stable financial situation. I'm quite sure they would happily comply with no issues and it would save the boatloads of trouble Mora is about to get herself into.

Zoie Falcona

Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress
May 29, 2008
Home
zoiefalcona.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Support ALS research
okay... now this is getting ridiculous.....

Firstly if they hold it on the farm, use the resources of the farm for designing. Flowers and vines... sure as hell enough wood there for seating and I'm sure someone can craft seats or just use hay bales, etc. Hell, if they're growing cotton, can spin and use a loom to make a dress for Ria quite easily.
Secondly, Mora shouldn't be the one funding the damned wedding.... that is between Randall and Ria. If they want to, just send their ass to a courthouse and be joined by a judge or justice of the peace. She should be more worried of the farm to support their new family, let alone the expanded family of the farm. I have a feeling she really wants to make this a celebrity level wedding and it sure as hell shouldn't be costing the farm tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hell, if they need help, can't Ria talk to her brothers... she is on their good side, aren't they???
Thirdly, she needs to be put in her place by Randall and Ria because she's about to destroy the finances of the farm over something that should only cost a couple of thousand USD tops and should be minimal if they use the farm resources instead of outside ones. That can be recouped over a few weeks of sales at the farmer's market by the capital rather than sending some of it for gr8.

This lil arc is getting rather unrealistic and out of hand if Mora wants to go mommy mode and do an all out Catholic wedding when the issues with the arc can be solved by either the farm getting together to make the wedding next to free except groom/bride outfit or applying for a credit card through Alej as she probably can get something worth a few thousand dollars credit line.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
okay... now this is getting ridiculous.....

Firstly if they hold it on the farm, use the resources of the farm for designing. Flowers and vines... sure as hell enough wood there for seating and I'm sure someone can craft seats or just use hay bales, etc. Hell, if they're growing cotton, can spin and use a loom to make a dress for Ria quite easily.
Secondly, Mora shouldn't be the one funding the damned wedding.... that is between Randall and Ria. If they want to, just send their ass to a courthouse and be joined by a judge or justice of the peace. She should be more worried of the farm to support their new family, let alone the expanded family of the farm. I have a feeling she really wants to make this a celebrity level wedding and it sure as hell shouldn't be costing the farm tens if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. Hell, if they need help, can't Ria talk to her brothers... she is on their good side, aren't they???
Thirdly, she needs to be put in her place by Randall and Ria because she's about to destroy the finances of the farm over something that should only cost a couple of thousand USD tops and should be minimal if they use the farm resources instead of outside ones. That can be recouped over a few weeks of sales at the farmer's market by the capital rather than sending some of it for gr8.

This lil arc is getting rather unrealistic and out of hand if Mora wants to go mommy mode and do an all out Catholic wedding when the issues with the arc can be solved by either the farm getting together to make the wedding next to free except groom/bride outfit or applying for a credit card through Alej as she probably can get something worth a few thousand dollars credit line.
This so much! Honestly, I get needing to have some drama to keep things interesting but the things Mora is doing to put on this wedding feels entirely unnecessary. Mora may just be trying to make her friends and family happy but that happiness may be short lived/tainted if she destroys herself in the process and they're left scrambling to find new jobs and homes after the farm shuts down. I'm honestly hoping that Randall and Taffy catch wind of what Mora's trying to do before she goes too far and put the brakes to what she's doing.

Nixie

Seal of Approval
The Katbox
Jan 19, 2010
Washington, USA
nixieseal.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Ort ort ort
Yeeeeah, I think Mora's making some pretty serious bad decisions here. You can have a nice wedding that is very cheap. I've heard of weddings that are crazy expensive, and I just wonder why they feel the need to spend so much and get so much useless stuff? I believe that my wedding cost about $250 total. Definitely not enough to make a farm go under!

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
I do concur with the lot here about how much nutsy spending Mora maybe planning on this wedding.

But I will add this: What Mora REALLY needs to do is ask what Randal and Taffy want. Because I really feel those two wouldn't be the types to go too extravagant. Much less have Mora risk this much for their sake.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Mora's behavior makes me think of the kind of parent that feels compelled to spoil their child. She wants to make them happy and have the peace of mind that she's doing everything she can to give her family -- related or no -- the best life possible, even if she's doing more harm than good. Her heart's in the right place, obviously, but she's not taking into account the big picture.

Fortunately, if she's genuinely doing this for Taffy and Randal, then she should listen to what they have to say instead of going with what she wants. We know that money is no object for Mora, but perhaps Taffy and Randal have a different idea. Taffy strikes me as the sentimental, old-fashioned type, so maybe she'll want a very clean, minimal wedding. Randal's heart has always been on the farm and with his family there, so I could see him just wanting something right there on the property.

If this ends up being the case, there's no doubt this will catch Mora by surprise, and I imagine she'd insist they go to the nines with this thing. However, I think Randal and Taffy will be Mora's voices of reason -- especially if they find out about the farm's financial situation.