Las Lindas Las Lindas Goes to Ravnica

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Beelzebub

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 21, 2007
New Jersey
So I was working on my Izzet/Dimir deck for the most recent Type 2 set and had a thought. If the cast of Las Lindas were transported to Ravnica, which guilds would they find themselves in? I like to think that I did a good job here. Here's the first five, I'm still considering which guilds the other five would go to.

This one was pretty obvious. Not much to say, it's just a good fit

Tootsie and Izzet go together like peanut butter and jelly. It would be a crime if she went anywhere else. AND it allowed me to give my guess what Riggers and Assembling does. I'm probably WAY off, but wouldn't it be weird if I was right?

Now my idea for this one is that Minos ended up captured by the Gruul and made to fight in their arenas, all the while hoping to see mora once more, though over time, being around the Gruul clans has been a somewhat corrupting experience. The Gruul have adopted him as one of their own and he fights for them, not for his own life, but out of loyalty.

Another obvious fit. Though I wish I could find a better picture of her. Let's hope she gets some of her sneaky action on, or somebody could find a better image. Rachael's "urban survival skills" would draw the attention of the Dimir right away. And it would let her do what she loves: CRIME!

Taffy is a bit soft for the hard life of Ravnica, but I think Selesnya could find a place for her. Although she would adapt to the swords and sorcery aspect quickly, I don't think she'd adapt to the violence too well. She'll probably be the most traumatized by the whole experience when its over. I wish I could find a better image of Lux in full robes for this, I love her ear bangles.

Beelzebub

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 21, 2007
New Jersey
I'm working on the other five guilds. I know who goes to which one, but the problem is finding a good picture of Randal and Mora. I'll have a good one for Randal if they ever do the D&D arc with him, but otherwise...
And I don't think that I'll ever find one for Mora

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
i really like these cards and the design behind them : D would love to see more

Beelzebub

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 21, 2007
New Jersey
So I was thinking of writing a story for this, but I think I'd rather have the cards and the flavor text speak for themselves and let you connect the dots. Sort of like how actual Magic cards tell the story of the block.

A proper fit, I think. Simic can appreciate a creative mind. Had some trouble with the ability but I think it's both balanced and fitting to the guild.

Oh Miles, can you ever catch a break? this one was a tricky one to find a picture for, but I think I did a good job here. The mana cost SEEMS about right for the ability and gives an alternative to scavenging for a Golgari deck.

This was a fun one. I figure Mora's strength and endurance would make an excellent addition to the Boros Legion. It also makes for excellent conflict if she ever ends up at odds with another guild, like if...I don't know...A Gruul Raid on a Boros Armory?

With Randal's long time dream of being a cop, Azorius would be a great fit for him. I like to think that he joined up and got assigned to a beat with Lavinia and they develop a close friendship as the flavortext would indicate. Whether it develops into something more I'll leave up to individual perception.

Now this one was a perfect fit in my mind. The Rakdos Cult is known for it's Lavish Festivals, Wild Parties, and Exciting Games. I see Sarah being attracted to one of their Riots, seeing and hearing the Dancing and music, but being naive to their true nature. By the time she's privy to the cult's nature she's having too much fun to care. I think her ability exemplifies her infectious happy-go-lucky nature, and her Power/Toughness represents the weapons and training she'd receive as a member of the guild.

I think I'm spent with these for now. Though if anyone felt like writing the whole story for these or wanted to photoshop some armor onto Randal or Mora, or change Sarah's dress color or anything like that, By all means go ahead.[DOUBLEPOST=1365029348,1363657311][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, so one more:

Digit becomes lost in Agyrem, one of Ravnica's Ghost Quarters, blending in among the ghosts, but lost scared and alone. When she heads to the main city she is an object of curiosity among the guilds. Her abilities make her a mark for the Dimir (teleportation and intangibility are excellent tools for spies), the Izzet want to study her and find out if they can make more, as an artificial spirit would command top coin from other guilds and give them an edge against Orzhov. The Azorious see her as a threat to the security of the city and want her locked down and/or destroyed. She wants to find everyone and go home.

Last edited:

DarkParu

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 26, 2013
So this actually looks like an interesting Idea if you used the entire Kat box collection towards desgining the cards.
I definitly like the abilities you gave them, they aren't over powered and fit flavor wise, Good job.

Dec 9, 2013
Personal Text
This text is personal to me
I have already made a LL magic deck revolving around Taffy and Mora. Since, you know, I host a legit FNM. This is amazing though how you aligned everyone to a guild. And (for the most part) balanced the cards and used correct terminology. Make more! you can never have enough!