Comic Las Lindas: A Taste of Taffy

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
AH SNAP! This is about to hurt...in the feels....THE FEELS!

And I guess I can see where Sarah is coming from to some extent. She's only seeing the end result of Taffy on the farm, not the pain and struggle prior to that.

lang2004

Satania's Loyal Follower
Aug 1, 2008
Brazil
Plot twist:

Sarah... I am... YOUR FATHER!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jokes aside, Taffy seems wanting to talk to Sarah to also help herself, let's see how this one goes

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Assuming that Prime society is similar to ours, and a secondary school education is the bare minimum to do anything, it surprises me that Sarah never considered the value of getting an education. It makes sense that she might not value it as highly as others because of her experiences living on the streets, though. I imagine Rachael reinforced a lot of that stuff, too, because of her disdain for a formal education. Assuming her past as a child prodigy is still canon, Rachael probably has her own personal grief with getting an education.

What Sarah says in the fourth panel perplexes me most, though. She stresses that being uneducated can't be all that bad simply because Taffy -- someone who also doesn't have a formal education -- is loved by everyone. You'd think Sarah would have ambitions or goals of her own that would, in turn, lead her to wanting to get her diploma. Maybe this means she's so content living on the farm that she doesn't see beyond her own horizons, so to speak.

I'm anxious to see what Taffy has to say on the subject, and I could see her sharing, with Sarah, how she once wanted to be more than just a homemaker. Sarah's still young, so I can see how a lot of the talk of education's importance might go over her head, but she's, technically, an adult now and should consider what the future holes for her -- if she forgoes even a basic high school diploma.