1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are holding a fundraiser to expand our website and reach. You can visit our GoFundMe page for more information or to make a contribution. Follow the news forum for notices of events we are holding to further raise funds.
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Las Lindas #524: My Secret Place

Discussion in 'Chalo's Works' started by White Tiger, Jan 22, 2017.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

2. Mastergodai

Mastergodai Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
  3. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Awwww
    She took him to an airport!

4. Dehan

Dehan Katbox Forum Member

Wow again I did expect this props to chalo for keeping me guessing. It certainly interesting that she took him to an airfield, it either means she wants hum to leave or she shares his desire for freedom I guess? Two.questions who is that in the background in panel one? The monkey girl? Next how did Rachael climate that wall like that? Seriously that is some crest level agility there, what did she take lessons from Drake or something?

5. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Or maybe she learned from her years in exile to avade any unwanted followers?

6. Dehan

Was it really exile? I believe she ran away but I wouldn't really call it exile. Also I thought she developed her martial arts skills to deal with unwanted followers.

7. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Your fists alone aren't enough.
    Sometimes In order to win,you need to run!

8. Dehan

RUN BOY RUN

9. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Global Moderator

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Okay, I have to give props where props are due and say that the art in the last panel is freaking amazing! That can so be made into a desktop wallpaper. Unfortunately, I have to say that I’m slightly confused here as this page does kind of end on an unusual cliffhanger. I know that the whole airport will probably be explained on the next page I imagine, but there really isn’t a punchline or character development on this page outside the whole Rachael can do some pretty sweet parkour.

Also, is it me or do I spy @Curran’s monkey character in the background there?

10. Lumaria

Lumaria Katbox Forum Member

In that alley I was hoping for some shady character offering black market catnip. Though as the runway isn't overgrown I would imagine then its relatively maintained, on top of that I would expect Miles to have seen a general map of the city at least once so its location can't be a revelation. So the idea was to show him the view, I agree the lack of a punchline. Going back a few pages to try and see the flow I just can't see what led to this turn of events unless Rachel is just more or less ending the discussion with a non sequitur tangent. Though going back it did make me recall that I was sad that Rachel thought it was something leading when Miles offered to fight her. When that came up I figured he was offering her company in a manner in which in the situation she could let off some steam. Like physical therapy for the soul in a way but eh.

Also does Mora higher companies to do crop dusting etc? TBH when the plain showed up in a farm setting I figured thats what he was going to end up doing with it.

11. XiahouDun1225

XiahouDun1225 Katbox Forum Member

The character development is Rach showing Miles something nice. It doesn't look like the airfield is in use, or only under light use at the most. So...Yeah Miles is probably going to get what he wants, wings.

12. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    Are you forgetting "Because Cat"

If it was scaled perfectly, an average cat is 9.1 – 9.8 in. and can jump about 5 ft.

a 6' cat-woman could probably wrangle a pretty huge jump.

KarlSupreme likes this.
  13. SomeDudeJoe

SomeDudeJoe Katbox Forum Member

You have got to be kidding me. She just happens to know where an abandoned airstrip is? Oi...

14. Sipo Thac

Sipo Thac New Member

Also, this isn't earth, right? So we don't really know any of the values we need to say whether this is physically possible. And even if it was, Primes evolved on some other planet with different environmental variables, so they could be evolved to deal with higher gravity or some shit.

The real question is how did miles manage to climb up on his own, he's not nearly as physically fit as Rachael is, so there's no way he wall kicked his way up like she did if he even knew how to, so did he just climb up the wall brick by brick or what?

15. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

Although Rachael isn't giving Miles as big of a reality check as many of us were expecting, I am somewhat content with this. She might not give in and become his girlfriend, or even a close platonic friend, but now we see that she's capable of returning favors and opening up. Assuming Miles gets his little plane project up and running (or flying, in this case), that airfield will be very useful as a runway and a place where he could park the plane, when not being used.

As I said last time, I'm curious to see if Miles can turn his plane project into something more. I suggested, before, that Mora might pay Miles extra to do crop-dusting or air delivery, but maybe he'll just make aviation a hobby and nothing more. Flying around the world might still be a pipe dream, but there's a lot he can do with the project and it'd be neat to see this develop, further.

Lastly, I am wondering if Rachael is going to cap off this little revealing and lovely view with some words of wisdom. We already know Miles is peeved that she (still) doesn't think highly of him, but he might count his blessings and see today's little outing as a big development in their friendship. They may not be a couple, or all that close, but I'd say things are progressing.

16. Teendmax

Teendmax Katbox Forum Member

Intrigued

17. Dehan

Ok
    Ok if that's the case and assuming I worked it out correctly it would mean Rachael can jump 30-35 feet which is pretty super I'd say. While it's not shown how Miles got up there he did get up there and it doesn't look like it took to long. It appears he had difficulty but it doesn't look like he struggle to much so you may very well be correct.

18. Aeri

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Pulled by his ass? ;u?

19. Dehan

Well if he climed brick for brick he would be dirty and tired which he doesn't appear to be. It doesn't look like he was pulled up and I doutb Rachael would do something like that, mora maybe but not Rachael. So going on what I see I'd say he jumped up atleast most of the way and climed the rest.

20. Aeri

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    He could've gone and found a ladder for all we know.

21. Dehan

True, however ( and I realize I may be over analysing things but I'm bored so)
    Miles doesn't appear to have his jacket when he reached the top of the wall. That tells me he left it on the ground because he needed both hands free. Now it's not that difficult to clime a ladder with one arm holding something, and miles doesn't seem like the type to leave his jacket on the ground in a alley just like that. So on that basis and the fact he is not to dirty or tired I say he most likely jumped up. Hehe I feel like marching around with one finger pointing up like a teacher explaining things in a classroom