Comic Knighthood #66

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
You'd prefer we ask if it's theoretically possible for a Narakhan to develop and use a Knight power? Whether the demeanor we saw in Violet is her usual attitude or just when she's "on the clock"? Whether the Knights and/or Crests are going to acknowledge and/or mourn for the cell we saw get destroyed? Whether there's theoretically any way (deed or metaphysical) for a Narakhan to lose their definitive markings? Whether humans are aware of the Narakhan at all either as threats or folklore? Whether there are any outreach programs to try to build bridges between Narakhan and other Primes?
Alrighty, let's tackle these one at a time:

Narakhan developing a Clan power? Yes! As a matter of fact...well...stay tuned...that is going to be answered more dramatically in the comic itself.

Violet's attitude? Well, that is something up to interpretation. After all, as a cell that is right near Grace, Violet sees many more Acolytes than most others. And the brain, Prime or human, loves to find patterns, so it is something of both.

The lost cell in Prism? Yes. Very much so, again, stay tuned. That is part of the immediate future.

Can a Narakhan lose the markings? While in the most practical sense, a Narakhan can paint over the marks, ala Angel's painting/tattoos, that is a superficial change. The marks would still be there, just covered in a layer of paint that hopefully matches the original fur. Once it grows out, or gets washed away, the marks are there just as before. Now if they can be removed via something more metaphysical...that is a more difficult issue. If something like that has happened, it would be due to something approaching divine intervention levels of force. It would not be meditated away. Nor, as I should note here, would even good-minded Narakhans necessarily flock to it, after all, it is part of who they are, and few would be aching to just scrub it out.

Humans awareness of Narakhans? Kind of. To most humans and human media, the distinctions between Prime and Narakhan are pretty shallow, boiling down to "oh there are some Primes with black markings", and that is where it mostly ends for the majority. However, study into such things brings more knowledge. But no, it is not necessarily a widely known divide.

Outreach to Narakhans? Yes! Actually, that is something I'm hoping to address within the next "chapter" of Knighthood or two. One thing to keep in mind that, in the grand scope of things, Narakhans like Ayah, who are fully invested in Chaos and the demonic side of the mythology are very rare. She is the fringe element where the majority are just getting by day to day. Like any division of class in society, especially one with a huge amount of distrust and mythology around it, outreach is a difficult process. The Prime government is doing a lot to help elevate Narakhans to a better level of living, but progress is a slow thing, especially when every now and then the more malevolent Narakhans do something truly atrocious, ala the cell attack.

Yeah were do humans fit in all of this?

I can't imagine this whole war between knights/crests and chaos just being ignored by human military groups.
While it varies as much as humanity and Primes vary, it is something that I would say is known at a very high level. For example, a human military or intelligence agency would know something is up. And given the history of change Primes have wrought, they would be eager to get more information, though it is much easier said than done to get it.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Alrighty, let's tackle these one at a time:

Can a Narakhan lose the markings? While in the most practical sense, a Narakhan can paint over the marks, ala Angel's painting/tattoos, that is a superficial change. The marks would still be there, just covered in a layer of paint that hopefully matches the original fur. Once it grows out, or gets washed away, the marks are there just as before. Now if they can be removed via something more metaphysical...that is a more difficult issue. If something like that has happened, it would be due to something approaching divine intervention levels of force. It would not be meditated away. Nor, as I should note here, would even good-minded Narakhans necessarily flock to it, after all, it is part of who they are, and few would be aching to just scrub it out.
Well that's interesting because it does have some implications outside of the Knighthood storyline. Mora is supposed to be a half breed right? Yet I don't recall seeing any markings on her like what we've seen with Drake and Ayah. I guess that begs the question then: is there a chance that those who are not full blooded (oh heck even some full blooded) narakhans will not develop any of the distinctive markings? Ooooh, let's also not forget what Geeku mentioned in Las Lindas one time just after meeting Mora: the bad smell! I'm guessing there's something about them that those with a more highly developed sense of smell can definitely notice!