Comic Knighthood #66

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Is it me or is Drake a player...assuming that the AtHP post is canon of course?
I'm also getting the feeling that the lighthouse is going to get damaged/wrecked here.

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
So Kayin and Joy are going to spar up in the lighthouse while Grace and Drake sit off to the side drinking tea. Heh, have to wonder exactly what Drake and Violet had been doing when Kayin peeled him off her earlier. But anyway, don't let your guard down Joy! Show him what you can do!
As for the posting, I think the website still has a few bugs in it. When I went to my 'live bookmarks' to open Las Lindas to the main comic, the Knighthood page popped up in its place. But it works fine when I check otherwise? It's weird.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
So Kayin and Joy are going to spar up in the lighthouse while Grace and Drake sit off to the side drinking tea. Heh, have to wonder exactly what Drake and Violet had been doing when Kayin peeled him off her earlier. But anyway, don't let your guard down Joy! Show him what you can do!
As for the posting, I think the website still has a few bugs in it. When I went to my 'live bookmarks' to open Las Lindas to the main comic, the Knighthood page popped up in its place. But it works fine when I check otherwise? It's weird.
Really now? That is worth knowing, I'll pass that up the chain. Thanks for letting me know!

I guess that explains lang's question as well.
[doublepost=1516121424,1516121060][/doublepost]Just sent word to the site, we'll be looking at and fixing the issue ASAP. Thanks for letting us know!

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Well, gonna spar with daddy eh? Ought to be fun, especially if we get fight panels along with panels of Grace and Drake drinking tea and having a lovely conversation. Heh, I can imagine Joy getting knocked down and bumping the table causing the tea set to wobble alarmingly. This causes Grace to excuse herself from her convo with Drake for a moment while she goes and remind those two about the talk they had from Hope's childhood about roughhousing inside. Yes, I can easily see Hope being the type who liked to play fight and wrestle with her daddy when she was little and Kayin happily indulging her.

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Is it me or is Drake a player...assuming that the AtHP post is canon of course?
I'm also getting the feeling that the lighthouse is going to get damaged/wrecked here.
In regards to the first part. Yes it is canon, Drake and Ember hooked up. I say this because Chalo did a what we didn't see patreon illustration series that was about stuff that did happen and is canon but we didn't see in the main comic. Drake and Ember doing it or as Chalo called it Sexy Training was one of the thing. The reason it's here is because we had to choose between scene and it got out voted by Toots and Alej First Time but people still wanted to see it so over to ATHP with it. So pretty sure it canon and Drake could be something of a player.
[doublepost=1516248864,1516248429][/doublepost]Love that sword, curious to see how he handels it. Also Drake and Grace getting nice and comfy together, makes me think about that sketch Chalo did where they were also getting comfy in a much naughtier way. That sketch also got me wondering. Curran if you read this I got a question, is there a even remote possibility that Kayin and Grace would go for a three way with Drake ? I mean of course Grace would never cheat but if Kayin said yes then... They have been so nice to Drake so can't help but wonder.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
In regards to the first part. Yes it is canon, Drake and Ember hooked up. I say this because Chalo did a what we didn't see patreon illustration series that was about stuff that did happen and is canon but we didn't see in the main comic. Drake and Ember doing it or as Chalo called it Sexy Training was one of the thing. The reason it's here is because we had to choose between scene and it got out voted by Toots and Alej First Time but people still wanted to see it so over to ATHP with it. So pretty sure it canon and Drake could be something of a player.
[doublepost=1516248864,1516248429][/doublepost]Love that sword, curious to see how he handels it. Also Drake and Grace getting nice and comfy together, makes me think about that sketch Chalo did where they were also getting comfy in a much naughtier way. That sketch also got me wondering. Curran if you read this I got a question, is there a even remote possibility that Kayin and Grace would go for a three way with Drake ? I mean of course Grace would never cheat but if Kayin said yes then... They have been so nice to Drake so can't help but wonder.
Well, to answer that, I'd just say that Drake would certainly be down for it, and as far as Kayin and Grace go, it is not an impossibility, but something they would probably not dismiss immediately. They are very trusting in their relationship, and so the idea of 'playing around' as it were, is not something wholly unthinkable for them. And, if you want some direct canon, Drake would be down for all of it, as he is bisexual, and that is a solid fact for ya'll. That said, I would also like to hope that I get more questions to help me develop the characters and talk about them in depth more. I mean, sex and flirting is great fun and all, but I don't really want Knighthood to be -defined- by that, ya know? :P So I'm good playing around with these, but I just want to make sure we're having fun here and that the sexytalk remains the fun side dish to the greater work going on. Thanks!

And actually, as people have pointed out with Kayin's weapon, this and the future pages are going to serve as something of a design update for him that I've wanted to do for awhile. While Kayin has always been a greatsword user, this update takes him away from the more blunt force use where he swings it around like a sharp club, for lack of a better term. He still uses a huge sword, but it is so comically oversized as it has been in previous incarnations, and as you'll see very soon, Kayin's fighting style is getting very defined. I'm a bit lucky in that there has been relatively little of Kayin fighting actually seen, and now I have the opportunity to really settle in his style. It's been an area that I've had difficulties settling on for a long time, but over the past few years, I've got a lot of new sources of inspiration to help really crystallize the vision.

One of them is actually shown in his pose at the final panel, as it is a reference to the Dark Souls 3 boss the Abyss Watchers:

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads...y_darksouls3_watchersoftheabyss_20160321a.jpg

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Well, to answer that, I'd just say that Drake would certainly be down for it, and as far as Kayin and Grace go, it is not an impossibility, but something they would probably not dismiss immediately. They are very trusting in their relationship, and so the idea of 'playing around' as it were, is not something wholly unthinkable for them. And, if you want some direct canon, Drake would be down for all of it, as he is bisexual, and that is a solid fact for ya'll. That said, I would also like to hope that I get more questions to help me develop the characters and talk about them in depth more. I mean, sex and flirting is great fun and all, but I don't really want Knighthood to be -defined- by that, ya know? :P So I'm good playing around with these, but I just want to make sure we're having fun here and that the sexytalk remains the fun side dish to the greater work going on. Thanks!

And actually, as people have pointed out with Kayin's weapon, this and the future pages are going to serve as something of a design update for him that I've wanted to do for awhile. While Kayin has always been a greatsword user, this update takes him away from the more blunt force use where he swings it around like a sharp club, for lack of a better term. He still uses a huge sword, but it is so comically oversized as it has been in previous incarnations, and as you'll see very soon, Kayin's fighting style is getting very defined. I'm a bit lucky in that there has been relatively little of Kayin fighting actually seen, and now I have the opportunity to really settle in his style. It's been an area that I've had difficulties settling on for a long time, but over the past few years, I've got a lot of new sources of inspiration to help really crystallize the vision.

One of them is actually shown in his pose at the final panel, as it is a reference to the Dark Souls 3 boss the Abyss Watchers:

https://static.gamespot.com/uploads...y_darksouls3_watchersoftheabyss_20160321a.jpg
What a three way is a possibility !!? Was not expecting that. Don't suppose you can like really run it by Chalo ? I mean actually discuss it ? Hehe just imagining later when Grace models the outfit Ambar gave her Drake drops by and instead of getting asked to leave they ask him to stay. I mean how would Joy take that if she found out ? Also Drake is bi ? Makes me wonder if Ember is the only lion things got heated in the fire clan ? Now serious non lewd question. Mmm well most would probably be spoilers. But here goes. How about how does Drake feel about his youth ? Was it bad ? How does it influence him now ? Is his fighting style based or inspired by something ? Is his tattoo based on something ? Do they mean something. Now Kayin, how long did he study sword fighting for ? Is he skilled with other bladed weapons ? Does Kayin have a romantic history with Violet ? Is Kayin bi ? Is Xing straight, bi or a lesbian ? Where did the inspiration for Xing and her brother come from ? Also as a African can't help but wonder why aren't they African ? Just saying they could be speaking Swahili or Zulu instead of Aussie. How does the family feel about Hope ? Everybody ok with her not wanting to be a knight ? Did it give Hope any emotional turmoil walking away from being a knight ? Also how much time has passed since Joy started her journey ? How old is Joy and Drake right now ? Did Grace and Kayin like Miles ? How did they feel about their relationship not ending happily ? Ok thats all I can think off for now.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
What a three way is a possibility !!? Was not expecting that. Don't suppose you can like really run it by Chalo ? I mean actually discuss it ?
Possible of happening in the universe and setting, however I'm not going to make any kind of effort to show or push for it. For one, that is nowhere even close to where I want the Knighthood story to go. And for two, I can't just 'discuss' a rather large bit of adult art with Chalo like I have some kind of control over him. His plate is more or less in a state of perpetual overflow, and I'm not going to just come in with a 'hey, let's do this giant picture'. Sorry to disappoint, but just because I said it might happen with those character doesn't mean you should get excited that it will. As I said before, I am fine answering and having fun with these questions, but I'm not going to cut away at my goals for their sake. In the past (pre KH and all that), I've had characters whose storylines and interest died as soon as NSFW stuff started showing up about them, and it was extremely depressing for me as a writer to have these crafted characters 'die' simply because the only thing I ever heard about them was requests for more NSFW. Please keep in mind that I've worked on these characters for upwards of decades, and they're more than just titillation.

How about how does Drake feel about his youth ? Was it bad ? How does it influence him now ? Is his fighting style based or inspired by something ? Is his tattoo based on something ? Do they mean something.
Drake comes from a very poor background, one in which stealing and other small crimes were a matter of survival rather than any particular mindset towards the law. Being a castoff of an already fringe social class (Narakhans), Drake was pretty easily scooped up by Ayah's sect in hopes of turning him into something more dangerous. However, despite having to lie, cheat, steal and so on, Drake maintains his confidence and skills as a survivor. That doesn't mean he is eager to go back to his old lifestyle, but he is flexible enough mentally that he rarely gets caught up in thinking about it. To Drake, it's just another day.

His fighting style is pretty loose, and since we haven't seen him do much fighting, undeveloped so far. However, as more of a 'survivor' than a fighter, Drake is definitely the sort to fight dirty, as we saw with Pyrro. He doesn't put a lot of value on martial honor, to him, if he is in a fight, he has one job, end it as soon as possible.

As a Narakhan, Drake's tattoos were there more or less from birth, and the individual markings have little meaning to those with them.

Now Kayin, how long did he study sword fighting for ? Is he skilled with other bladed weapons ? Does Kayin have a romantic history with Violet ? Is Kayin bi ?
A very long time, given his extended lifespan thanks to Grace. As far as other weapons, Kayin probably has proficiency, given his Knight history and own physical fitness, but he has true mastery with his weapons. Kayin's the type to refine his main technique towards perfection, rather than develop many other styles.

Nope. Violet is pretty icy to him. Their personalities do have a fair amount of clash, as Kayin is very much a loose 'play it by ear' kind of personality, where Violet is by the numbers and analytical. They work fine together, but never shared much in the way of romance.

Is Xing straight, bi or a lesbian ? Where did the inspiration for Xing and her brother come from ? Also as a African can't help but wonder why aren't they African ? Just saying they could be speaking Swahili or Zulu instead of Aussie.
Xing and Jax spawned from some old characters shared between me and a friend. Xing's sexuality is bisexual, but skewed in favor of females by a significant margin. As for the whole African aspect, you need to keep in mind that Primes and their 'species' are not any kind of reflection of the real world counterparts. After all, do you see many gazelles in Maine? :P Australian jargon fit well with the personalities I had developed for them, and so it stuck.

How does the family feel about Hope ? Everybody ok with her not wanting to be a knight ? Did it give Hope any emotional turmoil walking away from being a knight ? Also how much time has passed since Joy started her journey ?
The family loves their little starlet, and there is no issue with her choosing her own lifestyle. Hope is certainly aware of it, but that isn't any source of trauma for her.

As of the start of Knighthood, Joy has been traveling and training for probably over half a year.

How old is Joy and Drake right now ?
Approximately 18-19.

Did Grace and Kayin like Miles ? How did they feel about their relationship not ending happily ? Ok thats all I can think off for now.
Uncertain on this one, given that particular area has not been really looked at in a meaningful way by the writers yet. But in my OPINION (note the capitals, so don't canonize this, please), they probably didn't even know. After all, how much do you share with parents from college? Especially if it is just a boyfriend that eventually lost contact?

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Mmm getting the vibe I somewhat upset you with the three way topic, if so I apologize. When I'm talking about lewd nsfw stuff 99% of the time I'm just joking around. Would be delighted if it happened but definitely don't expect you and Chalo to do it just because I asked. Know there is more to these characters then just sexy stuff.

Further you certainly gave alot of answers to stuff I've been wondering about, though still wondering about alot of things but those question can wait for another day.
Thanks Curran

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
Mmm getting the vibe I somewhat upset you with the three way topic, if so I apologize. When I'm talking about lewd nsfw stuff 99% of the time I'm just joking around. Would be delighted if it happened but definitely don't expect you and Chalo to do it just because I asked. Know there is more to these characters then just sexy stuff.

Further you certainly gave alot of answers to stuff I've been wondering about, though still wondering about alot of things but those question can wait for another day.
Thanks Curran
No worries on that, it's more that I'm just a bit more aware of how things can go if I let NSFW kinda take over. Like I said, it is great fun to do so, but it can kinda get distracting. And, as I said, I did have something like that happen in the past. No way you could have known, of course, but I do have to say it to make sure its known. Not upset on my end, just making sure I'm not unnecessarily leading someone into a line of thought or belief that is unintended.

Mar 26, 2010
Land of the Free
Personal Text
Stand up for what you believe in!
I want to know more about Kayin, especially his time in the empire, how he rebelled and met Grace and then his journey to earth.

Will we ever get to see that or is that era forever meant to be cryptic and kept in mystique?

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
I want to know more about Kayin, especially his time in the empire, how he rebelled and met Grace and then his journey to earth.

Will we ever get to see that or is that era forever meant to be cryptic and kept in mystique?
I don't want to say for sure one way or another, as it is one of the many, many things I want to talk about in the comic, but I also need to keep in mind that KH is still Joy's story. There's a ton of temptation to go off on tangents constantly (every time I write and plan, I have to really make sure my goals are set), but Kayin does need some backstory work. So while I doubt the comic is going to smash flashback into that, there may be some room for hints and implications.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
That said, I would also like to hope that I get more questions to help me develop the characters and talk about them in depth more. I mean, sex and flirting is great fun and all, but I don't really want Knighthood to be -defined- by that, ya know? :P So I'm good playing around with these, but I just want to make sure we're having fun here and that the sexytalk remains the fun side dish to the greater work going on. Thanks!
You'd prefer we ask if it's theoretically possible for a Narakhan to develop and use a Knight power? Whether the demeanor we saw in Violet is her usual attitude or just when she's "on the clock"? Whether the Knights and/or Crests are going to acknowledge and/or mourn for the cell we saw get destroyed? Whether there's theoretically any way (deed or metaphysical) for a Narakhan to lose their definitive markings? Whether humans are aware of the Narakhan at all either as threats or folklore? Whether there are any outreach programs to try to build bridges between Narakhan and other Primes?

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2010
Land of the Free
Personal Text
Stand up for what you believe in!
Yeah were do humans fit in all of this?

I can't imagine this whole war between knights/crests and chaos just being ignored by human military groups.
[doublepost=1516413286,1516413158][/doublepost]
I don't want to say for sure one way or another, as it is one of the many, many things I want to talk about in the comic, but I also need to keep in mind that KH is still Joy's story. There's a ton of temptation to go off on tangents constantly (every time I write and plan, I have to really make sure my goals are set), but Kayin does need some backstory work. So while I doubt the comic is going to smash flashback into that, there may be some room for hints and implications.
Cool; I just really like him as a character so even if we don't get it in the comic any backstory and lore on Kayin, and especially the war with the empire would be awesome.

But I know your busy so I'll take whatever little bits I get! :)