Comic Knighthood #62

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Feb 29, 2012
Am I misinterpreting this or did she just say most every member of the love clan is destined to be a house parent?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Am I misinterpreting this or did she just say most every member of the love clan is destined to be a house parent?
I imagine that housewives/husbands are just a role that the Love Clan members adapted to in a modern, more peaceful era. Back in the days when things weren't so peaceful, I imagine Love Clan members were often the ones that kept bases, encampments, etc. in working order -- whether that means managing rations, medicine, or just providing some some semblance of peace and comfort off the battlefield. Plus, she also mentioned that they're often medical support, too.

It's not as glamorous or cool-sounding as the others, but I can totally see why what they do would be a big deal. I imagine fighting demonic entities and crazed Narakhan cultists can be pretty grisly, for one's psyche.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
I imagine that housewives/husbands are just a role that the Love Clan members adapted to in a modern, more peaceful era. Back in the days when things weren't so peaceful, I imagine Love Clan members were often the ones that kept bases, encampments, etc. in working order -- whether that means managing rations, medicine, or just providing some some semblance of peace and comfort off the battlefield. Plus, she also mentioned that they're often medical support, too.

It's not as glamorous or cool-sounding as the others, but I can totally see why what they do would be a big deal. I imagine fighting demonic entities and crazed Narakhan cultists can be pretty grisly, for one's psyche.
White Tiger is correct. Love clan, in this context, is generally seen as a supportive role, not as like...domestic parents or family members. A Love Clan Knight generally is very good at seeing to the emotional needs of others, which means they can be seen helping others more tha being on the frontline.

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Don't think Joy is gonna take this new info well, working so hard only to be told she is gonna be a friendly face in the end. Also drongo ? Mmm interesting insult for her to use, she must have spent alot of time in Australia. I would have gone with Mjinga

Lumaria

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 31, 2015
In that first panel what happened to the darkness around the muzzle, I had to go back a page to see if there was another character in the room with them.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
White Tiger is correct. Love clan, in this context, is generally seen as a supportive role, not as like...domestic parents or family members. A Love Clan Knight generally is very good at seeing to the emotional needs of others, which means they can be seen helping others more tha being on the frontline.
So basically they were historically the Mary Seacoles of the world.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Let it be known that I said that Joy would take on a supportive role!

But seriously tho! She doesn't comprehend the overall importance of being the healer of the group! Whether it be physical or psychic! To give her friends hope just by looking at her! To give them a boost of morale in every speech and heroic act!

Last edited:

Lumaria

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 31, 2015
Let it be known that I said that Joy would take on a supportive role!

But seriously tho! She doesn't comprehend the overall importance of being the healer of the group! Whether it be physical or psychic! To give her friends hope just by looking at her! To give them a boost of morale in every speech and heroic act!
She doesn't have the bust for being a main fighter. If anything I have learned that without boob physics in play then you won't be the main warrior of the story.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Yeah...I can so see Joy becoming irate at learning that her Love Clan is more along the lines of emotional needs rather than physical violence.
I wonder...is the emotional aspects how she and Hope were named?

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
And here I thought that with the whole "most knights don't get a chance to have a normal family" thing, most Love Clan knights either ended up as medics or knight-exclusive... comforters? Call-primes? I don't really know what to call it without sounding crass. I was dreading the idea of Joy being told that if she wanted to keep on her path to knighthood, she'd wind up as either a doctor or a front-line knight's one-night stand (no pun intended).

Fortunately, if you look at what Blondie says in those last two panels, it seems that Love Clan knights "usually" wind up in support roles, but they aren't strictly confined to them-- meaning that if Joy's talents really are combat-oriented, she'll probably be placed in that capacity. So I'm not too concerned about her prospects-- she's too good at fighting-- and she enjoys it too much-- for the powers-that-be to stick her in a support role.
She's destined to be on the front lines. Mark my words.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Fortunately, if you look at what Blondie says in those last two panels, it seems that Love Clan knights "usually" wind up in support roles, but they aren't strictly confined to them-- meaning that if Joy's talents really are combat-oriented, she'll probably be placed in that capacity. So I'm not too concerned about her prospects-- she's too good at fighting-- and she enjoys it too much-- for the powers-that-be to stick her in a support role.
She's destined to be on the front lines. Mark my words.
That wqs actually at the back of my head after re-reading the page. So Joy may not be as supportive as Grace,but she could still kick ass and be closer to Fire clan status than Love.

Also. Field Medics existed which were...well they were basically saints on the field!
If Joy becomes a support role she'll slowly realise that she'll not only be a capable warrior,but a well respected healer at that.
I mean. Beauty,Brawn and healing abilities...
Drake needs to take bite and never let go!

Apr 2, 2008
NC
Personally, @Zoie Falcona and I discussed this and we agree that one fights harder for ones they love and The Love Clan are probably the most fierce and the greatest headaches to deal with. As the saying goes... One fights harder when they fight for someone they love

Lumaria

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 31, 2015
Personally, @Zoie Falcona and I discussed this and we agree that one fights harder for ones they love and The Love Clan are probably the most fierce and the greatest headaches to deal with. As the saying goes... One fights harder when they fight for someone they love
I would say if one has something to fight for will fight harder. Religion is the reason for many wars so I would say its a stronger force than love. Unless you called it a love for one's religion.

Apr 2, 2008
NC
I would say if one has something to fight for will fight harder. Religion is the reason for many wars so I would say its a stronger force than love. Unless you called it a love for one's religion.
Zealotry is a discussion for another day. Guess I was raised up on too many cowboy movies where the hero would go through hell n high water to protect or save the ones he loves.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Zealotry is a discussion for another day. Guess I was raised up on too many cowboy movies where the hero would go through hell n high water to protect or save the ones he loves.
Nah, I never really cared for westerns, but I have a similar perspective. It's pretty well accepted that love is a spectacularly powerful motivator, perhaps best exemplified by the classic "mother lifts a car to save her child" scene.