Comic Knighthood #61

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
New characters !!! Mmm so there are cells of knights, interesting wonder if Minos and Geecku count as a cell. Also wonder how many cells there are, and if this Violet may have a history with Kayin and Grace. Speaking of her does this mean she is alone with Drake ? That should be interesting. Very nice page, although am disappointed we didn't get more interaction between Drake and the parents, you think Kayin would have asked him a few questions. Also sad we didn't get to see more of their home, feels like we jumped over a few things.

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
Interesting. A bit difficult to tell from the wording, but which hyena is Jax and which is Kodiak? I figure Xing Violet is the deer (cuz purple, obviously). It's neat to see some new characters though. I wonder what Joy will learn from this? Also, what about Drake?

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Interesting. A bit difficult to tell from the wording, but which hyena is Jax and which is Kodiak? I figure Xing Violet is the deer (cuz purple, obviously). It's neat to see some new characters though. I wonder what Joy will learn from this? Also, what about Drake?
If I'm reading things right: Kodiak is the bear outsight, Jax is the male hyena and Xing is the female while Violet is the deer.

As for what Joy is supposed to learn here the obvious thing to me is teaching Joy the importance of teamwork and finding a good crew to work with. I forget the whole knight ranking system at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if all four of the crew here are knights or knights in training under the service of Grace and Kayin.

Lumaria

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 31, 2015
Always thought it was interesting how often anthro/furry artists use hyena/jackals as a character species when there are so many numerous mammals in the world. I suppose I just got tired with them in the frequent use in Jay Naylor's works. Nice meeting other knights, though I was almost expecting all of them to have a lumberjack build with all the training they have to do.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
There are so many innuendos with the name of that ship...So many. XD
But I digress. This was quite the interesting page with the initial set up and cute Joy bust shot. I suspect that some of those knights aren't happy being fisherman.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Hearing Joy ask about what her daily routine's going to be makes me imagine Kay and/or Grace insisting she be kept busy because they didn't raise a freeloader. I know the time with Grace is for her Trial and her time with her dad is to take in his wisdom, since he's a Knight, too, but it's just fun to imagine.

It's intriguing to see that Kay keeps his cell on-hand as a fishing crew. It does make me wonder if all cells are kept together like this. I'm also wondering if there are some that are always working together and 'in the field', or if some go their separate ways and live their own lives until called upon -- like troops in the reserves. Given that the Prime people are supposedly in a period of peace, the whole system is rather vague and mysterious, but that may be intentional -- given the nature of being a Knight.

Given that Joy's going to be working on her dad's boat, I wonder if Kay knows a thing or two about fighting while out at sea. I know that there are certain martial arts developed with being out on the ocean in mind (I believe the French are known for a style like this, called savate).

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
If I'm reading things right: Kodiak is the bear outsight, Jax is the male hyena and Xing is the female while Violet is the deer.

As for what Joy is supposed to learn here the obvious thing to me is teaching Joy the importance of teamwork and finding a good crew to work with. I forget the whole knight ranking system at the moment but I wouldn't be surprised if all four of the crew here are knights or knights in training under the service of Grace and Kayin.
Ohh. It was difficult to read due to the way the sentence was worded. ^^; It would have been better to read as "Jax, Xing, Violet, and Kodiak". That clears things up a bit! xD

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
This is a significant chapter for the story because for the first time, I get to dive into the things that I really like to talk about: namely how you take a mythical order like Knights and their duties and actually make them function in a practical sense. We've seen the training, we've seen all the flowery legendary stuff but apart from one short-lived apartment full of Knights, I've never got to show you what their normal days look like. I'm very happy with being able to do this at last, as well as have it spliced in with some lessons from Grace.

Apr 2, 2008
NC
Well, can't make a living as a knight anymore so food needs to be put on the table.

The life of a fisherman can be rough; from overfishing, to schools not being in their usual haunts, weather and sea changes in temp, traps tampered/poached, etc