Comic Knighthood #60

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
It's cute to see the Ravenhursts (well, three of the four) altogether, again. I'm not sure how long Joy's been away, but I'm sure they're happy she's home -- even if for a little bit. It also amuses me that both Kay and Grace are giving Joy a hard time about the boy she brought home with her. I guess parents will be parents, even if they're a Crest and an experience knight.

It's also cool that Kay is having Joy meet some knights. They'll likely have some words of wisdom and insight on the pilgrimage that she's making. I also wonder if they're going to bring up what happened, recently, and how Ayah used her shadow magic to lay waste to a knight compound. That'll likely get Joy's attention, and possibly strike something with Drake.

Speaking of Drake, I'm curious to see how Joy's parents are going to take the fact that he used to work for the Narakahn cultists. Not all Narakahn are on their side, of course, but I imagine people like them are a little touchy about it. Of course, maybe they can tell he's one of the 'good ones' and won't touch on the subject, at all.

Lastly, I am curious as to what kind of training Grace will have. She always struck me as being more about the mental and spiritual side of things, given her 'theme', so it'll be amusing to see someone as brash and reckless as Joy trying to absorb Grace's lessons.

DNMZ

The Golden Lynx
Sep 5, 2016
Mmm her parents aren't reacting the way I thought they would to Drake, expected Kay to be a little suspicious of the boy traveling alone with his daughter. Can't wait to see these people Joy's gonna meet, wonder if it's someone we know ? Also that looks more like a ham then a steak to me.

happyguy1

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 22, 2010
Maryland, United States
That last panel made laugh pretty hard. Also I'm kinda hoping Kayin and Joy will have a sparing match in future pages. So that Joy can show him what she's learned while away from home.

Last edited:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Oh my! Looks like Joy brought her boyfriend home to meet the parents. I'm suddenly reminded of Meet the Parents, the movie.
Also, Joy is quite the biter.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
That meat looks a tad undercooked. I'm not much of an oldie to get the hype for Kayin. He must be a pretty big deal in the Knights.
Ok, going off of memory here but as I recall:

1. Kayin has bested Carmesi in combat. Furthermore it was when Carmesi was serving the Emperor and Kayin was attempting to rescue Grace, who is now his wife. It's one of the big reasons Carmesi reacted so harshly to Joy when she first showed up for training, Carmesi was still holding a major grudge from that defeat.

2. It was revealed recently that Kayin is actually one of the highest ranks of Knight around, a Dragon Knight. While he may not flaunt it I imagine for that fact alone he is a pretty big deal among his fellow knights.

Mar 26, 2010
Land of the Free
Personal Text
Stand up for what you believe in!
Ok, going off of memory here but as I recall:

1. Kayin has bested Carmesi in combat. Furthermore it was when Carmesi was serving the Emperor and Kayin was attempting to rescue Grace, who is now his wife. It's one of the big reasons Carmesi reacted so harshly to Joy when she first showed up for training, Carmesi was still holding a major grudge from that defeat.

2. It was revealed recently that Kayin is actually one of the highest ranks of Knight around, a Dragon Knight. While he may not flaunt it I imagine for that fact alone he is a pretty big deal among his fellow knights.
He's also like half a crest or something like that.