1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We're putting the spotlight on great community members! First person to be recognized for their effort: MrAMP!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Knighthood #53

Discussion in 'Chalo's Works' started by White Tiger, Feb 26, 2017.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

2. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    OH! I did not see that one coming. I had no idea Ember and Pyro were even related. Curse anthro genetics and what not.

As for this manifestation of powers, I wonder if she means actually creating or casting fire on their martial art moves.

3. Dehan

Dehan Katbox Forum Member

Mmm I didn't think Ember and Pyro are related, honestly I thought they might be lovers or would become ones, oh well I'm not upset just surprised. Now as to this clan power thing, how many powers have we seen so far? I know minos has super strength but has any of the others shown their abilities? Also I'm assuming that the name of your clan kinda says what powers you are gonna have. Like fire clan means you will have some kind of fire powers right? If that is true what powers will Joy have? She is from the love clan so her powers may have something to do with emotions maybe? She could manipulate emotions or maybe see emotions or something. Or maybe she will just have the unwanted ability to make anyone fall in love with her, I'm now thinking of that Jennifer Lopez music video Papi. On a different topic with the odds of a Ember x Pyro couple happing very silm now does anyone think some romance may develop with them and Joy and Drake? Joy x Pyro and Drake x Ember or maybe Joy x Ember for we know could happen. Oh and one more thing, GO EMBER GO SHOW CARMESI WHAT YOU CAN DOOOOOOOOO!!!

4. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

I think it's no shock that we're all shocked that Ember and Pyro are related.

As for the Clan Power thing...how does that work if a warrior is from another caln? Mixed powers maybe?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. Curran

Curran ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ Staff Member Administrator

Quick little explanation of the Clan abilities here. They will be developed more in future pages, but a quick primer on the abilities are as such:

Every Prime is part of a Clan, this is not necessarily genetic, but it is influenced by one's lineage. For most, the Clan is more or less a culture or label of culture, and there are those who follow it more strictly or loosely than others.

The Ability is something brought out through Knight training, and is a piece of one's clan. So @Dehan is correct in that Pyrro and Ember are going to exhibit fire-themed abilities (not gonna say what they are, as you will see :P ), but to get that level of training requires the Knighthood pilgrimage. It isn't like Carmesi teaches you a fire move, or cannot teach a Water clan anything. They are inherent to the Knight in question, and emerge near the end of their training.

Rock-Scar likes this.
  6. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

...Forgive me, but now you've gone further piqued my curiosity. If the ability is inherent to the Knight, is it theoretically possible for a Knight's ability to blur clan lines? Like, say, a knight whose ability was better represented by "steam" than by fire or water?

7. Curran

Curran ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ Staff Member Administrator

Yes and no.

A "Steam" power of superheated air would probably fall into the Fire clan abilities, but the thing to keep in mind is that the Ability would manifest in a huge variety of ways. There is no "level 1 fireball" Fire Clan ability; whatever ability shows in a Knight is unique to that Knight. To pull from a very unusual analogy, this would be a sort of "cutie mark" effect for that Knight, the discovering of an ability that is core to their being.

8. Rock-Scar

Rock-Scar The Sentient Sediment

Personal Text:
    *wilhelm scream*
    Dangit, Ember. Always talking in class and getting you're brother in trouble. ;)

Ah, cool reveal of Pyro & Ember being siblings! Really looking forward to see what the fire clan can do.