1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Knighthood #52

Discussion in 'Chalo's Works' started by Curran, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Curran

Curran ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ Staff Member Administrator

2. KarlSupreme

KarlSupreme He who loves Succubi and Anthros.

Home Page:
    oh snap...looks like Joy didn't realize that her father was a knight.

happyguy1 likes this.
  3. R.E.B. Dragon

R.E.B. Dragon Katbox Forum Member

It's nice to get an explanation on knight ranks. Also, Joy looks pretty shocked about her father, though I'm sure there is much she does not know about either of her parents.

On another note: The regular Las Lindas page has been replace with the Knighthood bonus comic. Just wondering if this is intentional and how we can view the main comic?

4. DNMZ

DNMZ The Golden Lynx

Ah a double Knighthood update this week nice. I love the history we are getting and the fact that Drake is calling Carmesi ma'am now, she must have really made and impression on him. Some questions, if Joy and Drake are now technically acolytes how did they beat Ember and Pyro who are now almost knights? Next do you guys think will find out who the wolf knight and mouse acolyte are? Finally why didn't Joy know her dad was a knight? You would think that would have come up at some point in her life before now. I'm also glad that Carmesi is strong enough to beat Joy and Drake at the same time, I was worried she would be week. On a side note Carmesi is really turning into a sexy thing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 3, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 3, 2017 ---
    I'm guessing the Knighthood page was posted there by accident

5. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Joy was hand trained by her father,who is a Dragon Knight. So this little skill boost gave her a great advantage.
    If you were paying attention to the battle between Drake and Pyro,you would've noticed that Pyro expected a fair 1v1,but instead got Drake...

Your little "mouse" looks like Fio,which just a cameo,the Wolf however looks to be the same one Joy encountered in the early pages of KH. (95% chance I am wrong).

Joy did know her father was a soldier/knight,She just didn't expect him to be such a high-ranking one...

Which begs the question,why didn't Kayin tell her about the ranking system? And that he is among the highest of the ranks?

6. Jaffah

Jaffah Alejandra's #1 Tiger

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Don't judge unless you enjoy being judged.
    Well it could be that due to the more peaceful times Crests like Grace, Kate and Minos haven't kept up the knight training as much as Carmesi (who I believe was one of only a few militant Crests) so their paths took them away from conflict therefore the knowledge of knight ranks were passed over while only skills (basic or advanced) were passed on. Sometimes pilgrimages such as this are all learning experiences so there may be information held back as Joy needs to find out on her own. Also the lack of followers with some Crests may see the need for titles as being irrelevant.

7. happyguy1

happyguy1 Katbox Forum Member

Just imagine how Joy might react if she learns that her mom is a crest.

8. Ironfoot

Ironfoot Prime Minister of Fun!

Home Page:
    Was about to say that. Only part of it has hit her. You are a dragon knight to a CREST. That crest is mom. Mind... Blown!!!

9. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

This is HIGHLY speculative,but I think she knows about Grace being a crest.
    It states in her bio that Kayin may have gone a bit too far in Martial Arts to keep his "Fisherman" act.
    I think that,although Kayin failed to mention his actual Knight Rank (and the actual ranking system itself),Grace came forward and confesed her secret...Maybe!

10. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    If I were a wagering man, I suspect that Kayin didn't tell Joy about his Dragon Knight status because he either didn't want her to admire him for the wrong reason or that Joy might push him into some serious training, training that she isn't prepared for...yet.

Wait...so does that mean that @Avencri 's Fio has been on her pilgrimage and is becoming some kind of Knight in The Eye of Ramalach? XD

11. fennec

fennec The Reclining Viking Katbox Patreon

Personal Text:
    I regret nothing
    Fio, knight of the dams, slayer of Ents, most famous for destroying the corrupt carpenters guild, and exiled from the forest city of Treehaug.

12. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

I direct your attention to Knighthood #3. "It can't be real, can it" suggests that she probably doesn't know that her mom's a Crest.

13. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

It's always nice to get a little bit of insight on the lore and culture surrounding the Neo-Earth universe. I am a little surprised that Joy never learned about this stuff, given her fascination with the knights and what they did. Perhaps this is another aspect of the knights being somewhat similar to a secret society and, historically, this kind of information was kept discreet for security purposes.

I'm surprised that there isn't something akin to a 'squire' rank, if there are knights. It makes sense that there'd be acolytes since they're, essentially, disciples to the Crests, as well as their knights and dragon knights. Squire just sounds like a more apt term, if they're "knights-in-training", as Carmesi worded it. That's always been what they're traditionally called when they're training and assistants to already-sworn knights.

While it is surprising that Joy isn't familiar with the ranks, it isn't a surprise that she's in the dark about her dad being a dragon knight. While it'd make sense for Kayin to fill her in on the legacy and history of the knights, I wonder how much is fact and how much is embellished for the purpose of discretion. It also raises the question of which of the Crests have explained to their children who they are and and what their life is about. It seems pointless to hide it from some, like Naerie and Hikari, but I can see why the others would be kept in the dark about this kind of thing.

14. Rock-Scar

Rock-Scar The Sentient Sediment

Personal Text:
    *wilhelm scream*
    Carmesi in the first panel: "You're killin' me, Smalls." xD