Comic Knighthood #16

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington

And now the official introductions of Drake and Ayah! Sorry for the little delay, but this week was a little hectic, with family issues and a minor hard drive meltdown on Chalo's end, thanks for your patience and enjoy!

Ghostbane

Oct 11, 2007
San Antonio
You can tell she's evil from the glowing red eye.
Villains tend to have some red LED glow

But now that the plot thickens, we see that what Drake took...Was pretty useless after all ^^ Although I do believe his target to steal wasn't supposed to be very Tangible in the sense.

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
*gasp* ooh, Ayah is an evil one. And that blade looks rather menacing. So...Drake is trying to kill Joy? :amazeJoy: uh oh. She better look out. But what will he do with the scroll now that he realizes it wasn't useful? Will he attempt to return it? Possibly use it as bait for a trap? o.o

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Ah, the good ol' fashioned ancient revenge plot. :XDWT: Never ceases to amuse me when it comes to these fantasy-esque stories.

I gotta say, though, she's a bit of a nag. I mean, all this time complaining, threatening, and abusing the poor guy could've gone towards replanning and rerouting to take Joy. All the while, she's out getting comfy at Kate's place. What a world, eh?

Nice job on this one. :gleeWT: This is beginning to get pretty interesting with the characters being added.

Ramza Ydoc

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 29, 2008
California
Personal Text
Mostly machine
They kinda look like they are related, don't they. I wonder thou, why didn't they just try to kill her in her sleep, rather than sabotage?

Ghostbane

Oct 11, 2007
San Antonio
Okay time for more of ghosty's crackpot theory and interpretations of this knight hood!

It looks like with the interaction between Drake and Ayah, it's like Drake doesn't see the real history of this clan he's a part of which I'm guessing is taking a grudge like....assassins against the templars. That's one of the things I can compare this big heavy tension as. From what I can draw, it's like Drake doesn't take this whole clan business that seriously or as passionately as Ayah. He's probably been treading thin ice for a while with his clan, except is kept around for maybe reasons like his skill or some kind of deeper relation.

In a way, I can see Drake as almost a mirror to Joy. Drake was probably born and raised in this clan against knights, but he doesn't seem that into it...at least that's what I caught on in this convo; meanwhile Joy grew up normally, and wanted to pursue knighthood. And with such a passion too, like she really wants to make her family and thier deep rooted history proud. And I guess that in itself would bring them actually pretty close as allys and rivals and natural enemies. Like two points from opposite ends of the spectrum, coming together and meeting each other halfway. If that makes any sense.

It'll be certainly interesting to see how future encounters Drake and Joy will turn out. Seeing as Drake can either fufill his duty, or perhaps take what they have to a different level. And who knows what future these two will have across this arc, I'm very willing and excited to find out.

Also: Ayah knows how to keep her pimp hand strong

videogame30

Professional Zombie Bait
Dec 7, 2007
West Virginia
www.furaffinity.net
Is it just me, or does that sword look an awful lot like the one Carmesi used? Hmmm. And I can't help but feel Ayah may be under some sort of possession. As you've noticed, only one of her eyes is red which could be some sort of indication of an evil force within her and controlling her. Then again, I'm probably over analyzing and she was born with it. Either way, she one evil lady. XD

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
Whoa! She is evil(red eye) and not surprisingly hot. XD
Poor Joy, not on her own for long and someone already wants her dead. :furyJoy:
Ayah's hair and outfit kinda remind of another ninja assassin Yoruichi.
Ah ha! See? I'm not the only one who got that same thought. :XDJoy: But yeah, this Ayah person is evil. I wouldn't be surprised if Joy ran into Ayah at some point in the story.

wrytergirl

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 23, 2008
Sioux Falls
www.furaffinity.net
"Eeeevil woman" :musicNekoNekonny: :XDJoy: That's another thing that popped into my mind when I saw Ayah. Now I'm wondering what page 17 will be about. More with Ayah and Drake? Just Ayah musing on memories? Drake plotting? Or will it go to Joy and her talk with Kate about the Crests?

toonzfan

May 10, 2010
Belize
toonzfan.deviantart.com
"Eeeevil woman" :musicNekoNekonny: :XDJoy: That's another thing that popped into my mind when I saw Ayah. Now I'm wondering what page 17 will be about. More with Ayah and Drake? Just Ayah musing on memories? Drake plotting? Or will it go to Joy and her talk with Kate about the Crests?
Ayah's alright with me but personally i want to get back to Kate and Joy. I haven't seem them in awhile and i know that Joy's gonna have a lot of questions for Kate. :pointsKate:

Robo

Official # 1 fan of STEALTH TOWEL SNAP
Aug 26, 2009
Walking in the rain
Personal Text
Winter is Coming
Ah I see. They sort of look like a mix between a cat and a rabbit of some sort :amazeMiles: :cryTaffy: lol Well whatever they are, they're awesome.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
Mmmmmm....me likey Drake unmasked. Hot damn is he FINE. :heartjoy:

What are they though? A new race?
Hah, Drake is the new male heartthrob of the Katbox?

And yeah, Ghost is right, they're desert dogs. Kind of indeterminate species or breed, they're mutts.