Katbox Discord

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Hey guys.

We've had a katbox discord going on for awhile being used for staff but everyone seems cool with the idea of opening it up to the public so we'll be doing that on April 14th.

Everyone's welcome, it will be moderated though.

Kuurion

IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
I'm looking forward to this because personally chat services are WAY easier to keep up with and be social in than forums. I dislike having to check forums and maintain active attention in multiple ongoing topics. it might be better for long-form discussions, but that's not typical socialization, the kind that gets you familiar with people and making friends with people on a first-name basis. Live chat is way better for that kind of thing and since I've gotten discord I've been unable to tear myself from it.

Seriously I'm a mod in 2 gaming discords now (Protonjon and The D-pad) and tonight I'm gonna be on a game show because of contacts I made through it. Discord's great. :D

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I'm also kind of looking forward as it's going to be great to text and voice chat with you fine folks.

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
I'm also kind of looking forward as it's going to be great to text and voice chat with you fine folks.
If I do decide to use discord please note that I'm fairly shy outside of any form of anonymity. Due to constant the backstabbing I've had to grow up in I'm very cautious about who I can really trust.

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
it's going to be weird hearing voices of everyone. It'll be like "damn, I did not expect you to sound like that!"
Always love hearing different accents though, I'm keen.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
I'm looking forward to this because personally chat services are WAY easier to keep up with and be social in than forums. I dislike having to check forums and maintain active attention in multiple ongoing topics. it might be better for long-form discussions, but that's not typical socialization, the kind that gets you familiar with people and making friends with people on a first-name basis. Live chat is way better for that kind of thing and since I've gotten discord I've been unable to tear myself from it.

Seriously I'm a mod in 2 gaming discords now (Protonjon and The D-pad) and tonight I'm gonna be on a game show because of contacts I made through it. Discord's great. :D
The katbox forums have been great and I have no plans to get rid of them but I understand very well that forums aren't for everyone. Heck, there's no one method out there that every Katbox member uses regularly. I have to use our private IM, Skype, Twitter, e-mail, and discord to keep in touch with everybody. And that's not a huge hassle, having a diversity of communication options seems like a net positive.

I will also be inviting non-katbox webcomic artists onto the service. If you are member here and run a regularly updating webcomic please send me a PM.

Rosscoe

Hobbyist
Jun 9, 2008
EARTH
Personal Text
Ahhhhh Art, How we can escape life to thee
Well thats cool!

Least discord is a better source for voip then ventrilo was

BadXAsh

Social Media Whore...er I mean Butterfly
The Katbox
May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
You're no bunny til some bunny loves you.
Think of discord like steam, but with better group voice chat options, and no games for sale.

BadXAsh

Social Media Whore...er I mean Butterfly
The Katbox
May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
You're no bunny til some bunny loves you.
Indeed, I was back a while ago, but that was when the forums were having trouble, so just waited for them to get back up and running before I made my triumphant return! ^_^