1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Character Joy: Combat Style

Discussion in 'Chalo's Works' started by Darth Dies, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

This is a subject I wanted to ask you Joy.

What is your combat/fighting style?
    And for what is it mostly? (Etc. Defense,Offense or balanced)

Meijin_Sigma likes this.
  2. Meijin_Sigma

Meijin_Sigma Katbox Forum Member

...an interesting question.

3. Joy

Joy Katbox Comic Character

Well, Prime fighting styles have a lot of different names and histories than what you might know. Love Clan doesn't really get a lot of fame for fighters I'm finding out, but the ones they do make tend towards blunt weapons, so the staff I got is right up and fitting for them. The closest thing in human martial arts would probably be Bōjutsu but with some other styles mixed in as well, like Kalarippayattu stick-fighting. But like I said, don't dig too deep into that kind of thing, since I'm making my own style out of all of that and all of the Prime arts as well.

As for what it is for? Come on man...it's me! Do you really think I do defense? Come on! XD

Darth Dies likes this.
  4. Meijin_Sigma

OH HO HO Darth Dies I see what you're doing! She will be great, no Excellent for "it" and I would welcome her if she's interested in testing her skills.
    I'm also interested in learning the fighting styles if primes since "he"may or may not be there I cannot wait to fully get this going!
    Oh, before I forget Joy "he" is also impressed with your exploits and style, "he" also wanted to tell you that should you ever be in need of an ally...well you get the point.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  5. DNMZ

DNMZ The Golden Lynx

Kalarippayattu mmm Southern India stick fighting nice. What about wushu staff fighting?

Darth Dies likes this.
  6. Meijin_Sigma

That would actually be cool.