1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art jacobc62's garage

Discussion in 'Community Works' started by jacobc62, Dec 5, 2013.

?

Should I make a car for Mihari?

Poll closed Dec 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. IDK

33.3%
  4. IDC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Panthera tigris Nascuris (Bengal NASCAR Tiger)
    I really need to get this thread going again....

Thank goodness I have a WIP sketch of Miles Lionheart wearing his GM Goodwrench Service Plus firesuit.....

http://hostingbytes.us/images/3/2450521.jpg (linked for size due to phone. Scanner is broken in an odd way)

2. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    Not a bad sketch, Jacob.

3. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    New avatar for the next several months or so.

Made a blinking version too, but decided to just not use that on here.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 20, 2015, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2015 ---
    [​IMG]

I know, the resolution of the image is low, but that's due to the limitations of NR2003 and my monitor size. If I can, I WILL try to make a higher resolution of this if people wish me to.

Anyways, I won one of the raffles for Kuurion's free sketch stream earlier today, so I spent all day coloring the sketch I got of my female fox character, Asami Honononami.

Again, BIG thanks to Kuurion for sketching her for me!
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 29, 2015 ---
    [​IMG]

So I recall a certain Katbox Sorceress Mihari mentioning she was a Toyota fan :heartMihari:

Oh, and I changed up her sponsorship from Harley-Davidson to Toyota and Target.

More NAVRAR DeviantArt Cup Series -Season 2- cars to come!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2015 ---
    [​IMG]

Got bored. Made a modern-day version of Lightning McQueen's "retro" scheme he had on at the end of the first Cars film.

4. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Woah! That's awesome! Glad you put that on a Chevy, cuz I'm a big time Chevy guy, hehe

5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Well since Hostingbytes is STILL down for whatever reason...... people may or may not be able to see most (if not all) of my previous work linked from HB.

That said, I spent the past couple hours working on this:

[​IMG]

Made a movie poster for a webcomic I'm thinking about possibly creating......

Synopsis: Fresh from rising quickly through the ranks of NASCAR, second-generation driver John Mullen finds himself on the Winston Cup scene, where he must overcome danger, tragedy, and his rival - veteran racer George McRielly - in a race to win the biggest prize of stock-car racing.... The NASCAR Winston Cup Series Championship!

Basically, I'm thinking of ways to incorporate a way to tell a story in the world of NASCAR/motorsports in general in the webcomic medium. So far I've thought of a few elements that could theoretically work, but so far my brain has visualized more "cinematic" versions of the story.......

..... Maybe I should start thinking more like an artist and less like a NASCAR fan..... :pointsMiles:

please don't kill me for using the Katbox Twitter account logo...... *puppydog eyes*

Hoppy likes this.
  6. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    I'd go see that movie.

7. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    [​IMG]

Made a starting grid to use for my racing league's opening race, the Twokinds 500. Here is a completed example.

*EDIT* I have since modified the ticker to swap the locations of the driver names (and bars) and the inside/outside text so that there is less potential confusion.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Say, out of curiosity: I know in some mangas they use cell-shaded 3D renders for background elements (a good example in Negima, tons of backgrounds were prerendered), do you think you would be able to do that?

9. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    I do not. I am not expereinced enough with Autodesk's 3DS Max to figure out how to create and/or add cell shading to environments (ones that I would have to create from scratch as well), and I don't believe NASCAR Racing 2003 Season (the game I use for my league) is capable of rendering in a cell shading format.

Welp, time for some tutorials!
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 18, 2016 ---
    Man, it's getting to the point where I'm on average only updating once every 3 months..... and I only updated a month ago!

So there's this racing league that I DON'T run *le gasp* that I am part of, called the Sim Racing Design Cup Series.

Here's my cars for said series:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I plan on doing up a retro DeviantArt car, a new tiger car, and a few other things in a bit :happyShin:
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 28, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

Did I say "new tiger car"? I meant new Twokinds scheme.

But yeah, I've decided to slightly move away from the 100% tiger car and move more or less over to an ACTUAL scheme that shows off the Twokinds colors. I still kept the tiger stripes though :3
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 5, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]

I've been making "headshots" of various drivers in the NAVRAR DeviantArt Cup Series to use on tickers and such (such as the ones in the starting grid ticker from January or the one in my avatar), and the latest one I've made is for Mihari.

I've also, in vengeance for Toyota axing off-spring manufacturer Scion, switched all Toyota drivers over to the Scion platform. Of course with Toyota being the (now former) owners of Scion, the Toyota sponsorship for Mihari still works :XDKBNekonny:

Hope you guys like it!

10. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Looks good! Red and black suits Mihari pretty well. Makes for good contrast.

11. Nekonny

Nekonny Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Personal Text:
    But its a good one!
    This is really well done! nice job!

12. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

More driver headshots! This time, it's Miles Lionheart up for the photo shoot! The first suit shown is Miles' "retro" suit, which is similar in coloring to Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s suit back when he was still alive and racing. The retro suit is what Miles will wear for the races he drives his black #3 retro, which is meant to be basically Dale Sr.'s 2000 Diehard 500/Fall Talladega car in which Sr. earned his final career win.

The second suit is Miles' default/primary suit in which he wears when he's racing in his primary scheme or his alternate silver scheme.

13. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Not bad. I like the primary suit better, because it gives better contrast, I think.

14. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    [​IMG]
    PIKACHU used WRECK FIELD :amazeMihari: :amazeMiles: :amazeSnowman: :amazeNekonny: :amazeQuick: [​IMG] :amazeClaire:

It's VERY EFFECTIVE :dropMihari: :furyMiles: :crySnowman: :dropNekonny: :shockedQuick: [​IMG] :furyClaire:

You guys wouldn't believe how much work went into making this joke......

15. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Maybe not, but knowing it only happened in a game... I find it hilarious.

16. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    [​IMG]

So there's this mod for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season that modifies the main menu UI from two stacks of menus to various different options of customization.

So I decided to change out my old custom Anthro Racing Series mainback (that I've had up for nearly 2 years now) for a more up-to-date one for my racing league.

Characters from left to right: Myself, Kyle Corbett (an OC of one of my Facebook friends), Mihari, Miles Lionheart, Katia Managan (from Prequel), and Trace Legacy (from Twokinds).

In case you're wondering why Trace looks older, it's because I also have his daughter racing in the series as well...... Mainly since the child isn't born yet (and thus it being a girl is totally my own head canon/fanon) from 24-year-old Trace's point of view. It'd be like Trunks fighting alongside/against Vegeta during the Android/Cell arc in DBZ.....

17. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Trace needs a shave.

18. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    So in honor of the Forum's recent makeover, i decided to make another Katbox car with a scheme based off of said makeover.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As always, Mihari is in the driver' s seat :gleeMihari:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  19. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Busted links?

20. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Edited image links since technology does NOT want to cooperate with me.......[​IMG]

21. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Nice. Black and Orange look pretty damned good on those, I must say.

jacobc62 likes this.
  22. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Apologies for the image sizes.... Thankfully the forum automatically shrinks them down....

[​IMG]
    Updated McDonald's car

[​IMG]
    A slightly updated Goodwrench car

[​IMG]
    Throwback car

23. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Even tho I'm not a fan of Quaker State, I still like that one best. I am a big fan of green things, after all.

24. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Nearly 4 months later....

[​IMG]

I'm in the middle of "rebranding" my racing league, and since I am, I figured I would include more manufacturers than I have in the past, including throwing Toyota back into the mix. Because of that (and because she stated herself that she's a fan of Toyota), I figured I would move her back there. Toyota also made a surprising announcement shortly before the 2017 NASCAR season began stating that they would use their 2018 model year Camry in favor of the 2015 one (shown a few posts above this one), and because of that, my league will be doing the same.... So the above car is on a 2018 Toyota instead of a Scion tC or a 2015 Toyota.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  25. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    Something about the nose on that car seems... off... somehow. But I'm damned if I can figure out what it is.