Character It's Mah Birthday! (Sarah #1 Fan Contest)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah

Katbox Comic Character
Apr 17, 2007
Hi there everyone! =) ID is helping me type so it's all cool and readable. I get to have a contest now! I've waited for my turn so long that I forgot what I was going to ask! But I wanted to say something really big! It's gonna be my birthday soon! <points up to the news> Birthday! Birthday! Birthday! I'm so excited! This is the first birthday I've had with friends in my whole life! I'm gonna have Mora, and Miles, and Taffy, and my big cool sis, and ALL of you there! Buy me presents, ok? I've got 18 years of presents to make up for!

SK says I have to have this...

# What is your screen name and how did you pick it?

# When did you decide that you preferred me to be your favorite character?

# In a single sentence, state why I am your favorite character.

# Recite your favorite of my quotations from the comic. Explain why it is your favorite.

So here's my big #1 question for my #1 fan. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO GET ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!?!?!!!!111

Now let's pretend like other people are getting me gifts... And you can also pretend like they are PERFECT gifts for me. I love em to bits!

Rachael got me CLOTHES! She said I really needed more. :cryNekoKimi: What do they look like?

Miles got me a new VIDEO GAME! :gleeNekoKimi: What did I get? (You can pick ones from your world)

Digit got me something TAFFY WOULD HATE! :cryTaffy: What is it?

Mora got me REALLY FUN TOY! :gleeMora: What is it?

Taffy said she'd teach me how to DYE MY HAIR! :gleeTaffy: What color is it? (If you like my pretty blonde hair, don't worry. It's temporary.)

Minos got me something EDUCATIONAL... :pointsNekoKimi: What is it?

Even Ms. Alej got me something SUSPICIOUS! :amazeNekoKimi: What is it?

Ambar sent me something too! It's HUGE! :XDNekoKimi: What is it?

Azureion

Jun 25, 2007
Dallas Texas
Sorry i have to pass on your contest Sarah, I'm sure there are tons of people out there who will enter for it! I'd just like to be the first person here to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :XDMora:

Apr 21, 2007
Germany
MY SCREEN NAME IS MASTERZERO AND I CALLED MYSELF SO BECAUSE I AM A BIG ZERO FAN FROM THE GAME SERIES MEGAMAN X

IN THE FIRST MOMENT I SAW YOU... ^////^

BECAUSE I LOVE CATS AND YOU ARE SO NATURALY CUTE >w<

# Recite your favorite of my quotations from the comic. Explain why it is your favorite.
"JUST ONCE I WANT TO HAVE FUN WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT ME THERE AND YOU HAVE TO GO AL.. PSYCHO ON THEM!"
I LIKE THAT QUOTATION BECAUSE IT WAS THE REALY FIRST TIME YOU SAYED STARIGHT TO YOUR SIS WHAT YOU FEELED WITHOUT USING YOUR CUTIEE FACE ;P
I WAS IMPRESSED IN THAT MOMENT ^^

So here's my big #1 question for my #1 fan. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO GET ME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!?!?!!!!111

I WOULD BUY A DVD OF YOUR FAV MUSIC BAND, THEN YOU COULD WATCH THEM WHENEVER YOU WANT ^^
AND YOU CAN DANCE WITH THEM TOGETHER >w<

Now let's pretend like other people are getting me gifts... And you can also pretend like they are PERFECT gifts for me. I love em to bits!

Rachael got me CLOTHES! She said I really needed more. What do they look like?
RACHEAL AND CLOTHERS... TRULY STUFF WHERE NOONE CAN SEE MUCH SKIN/FUR... MAYBE A SWEETER AND A PAIR OF JEANS :D

Miles got me a new VIDEO GAME! What did I get? (You can pick ones from your world)
I WOULD SAY... LULA 3D... BECAUSE... WELL YOU KNOW MILES |D

Digit got me something TAFFY WOULD HATE! What is it?
HAHAHA THAT MUST BE HOUNDRET OF WILDFLOWERS XDDDDD

Mora got me REALLY FUN TOY! What is it?
MAYBE A POGO-STICK OR A SKATEBOARD... SOMETHING FOR YOUR HYPERNESS XDDDD

Taffy said she'd teach me how to DYE MY HAIR! What color is it? (If you like my pretty blonde hair, don't worry. It's temporary.)

BLUE, PINK, MINT GREEN, PURPLE.. FOR THE WHOLE HAIR OR FOR THE FRONT HAIR I WOULD SAY RED, GREEN, LIGHT BLUE OR SKY BLUE ^^

PS. I PREFER TO RET FRONT HAIR ^^v

Minos got me something EDUCATIONAL... What is it?

HEHE JUST LIKE MINOS ^^;
TRULY A BOOK ABOUT THE ETIQUETTE :D

Even Ms. Alej got me something SUSPICIOUS! What is it?

WOAH GOOD QUESTION @.@
A TEDDY BEAR WITH A STRANGE LOOKING AERIAL THAT IS COMMING OUT OF HIS HEAD O.o

Ambar sent me something too! It's HUGE! What is it?
AMBAR LIKE YOU ALOT.. MAYBE A WIDESCREEN TV MONITOR @W@
WHERE YOU CAN WATCH YOUR TV SHOWS AND CAN PLAY YOUR VIDEO GAMES ^w^

Hehe I hope you like my ideas :gleeMora: :gleeTaffy:

Apr 20, 2007
First off, I just want to say happy birthday to you Sarah! I hope you have a lot of fun on your special day.

My screen name is pokemaster2185. It's something I came up with a long time ago, back when Pokemon was insanely popular. I figure I'd stick with it, since I still like Pokemon. The 2185 signifies my birthday (Feb. 1, 1985).

I never really thought about this much, but I suppose it would be when you first met Minos, thinking he was a robot. The whole scene just seemed really cute. :XDNekoNekonny:

You're my favorite because you're cute and innocent, yet you've also shown the desire to grow and branch out.

"I-I didn't think of it that way. But I want to be happy, Rach. I don't want to run away from here. I like Mora and her big house out on the farm."

I really like that one because it shows that you've grown fond of life with everyone, and that you don't really need or want to have to go back out on the street like you were before. You really manage to voice your overall opinion and what it is you want.

DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION! I know how much you like to dance and all. ^_^

I'm thinking a T-shirt with a flower design on front, along with a pair of khaki pants.

Miles got me a new VIDEO GAME! What did I get? (You can pick ones from your world)

Hmm... Maybe the Sims?

Probably something dealing with flowers, considering Taffy's allergies. Maybe one of those mini-garden things.

Do one of those dancer's ribbon-things count as a toy?

Taffy said she'd teach me how to DYE MY HAIR! What color is it? (If you like my pretty blonde hair, don't worry. It's temporary.)

Well, I like your blonde hair, but if you were to dye it, I'm thinking redhead.

He probably got you some books talking about the history of Earth/the Primes or something.

I really can't imagine what this would be... Maybe a video camera that somehow sends a direct feed to her so she can see what all of you are doing?

A media center, perhaps, with one of those holo-projected TV screens she used before.

Etral

Apr 18, 2007
Wish me luck! *crosses fingers*

I picked Etral as my screen name a few years ago when I played my first MMORPG. I was really excited about it and I wanted my name to be something unique that I would really like and always use. I sat at my computer thinking, not really about any names in specific, just trying to find what felt right by combining sounds in my head. Eventually, I started to look around my room for inspiration when I saw an Energizer battery. Don't ask me how, but it led to me choosing Etral as my name.

When I first saw you, I actually thought you were a tomboy because of you clothes, but I really liked you anyway because I thought you were cute and funny. Once I got to know you better after a few more appearances in the comic, I was like, "OMG! She's totally amazing!" I guess there was never really one specific point, but overall I think that you're totally fun and awesome!

I love your happy, hyper, upbeat personality, and I also think that you're just a really nice person in the way that you're always trying to help and make others happy (and come on, who doesn't love cats?).

I just looked through EVERY issue of Las Lindas, and my favorite quote of yours is probably, "Uh...Thank you for letting me keep it, Ms. Boobsalot." Not only is the quote itself hilarious, but that picture of you when you say it is just so cute!

As much as I really don't wanna say the same thing a third time, I did actually think this before I looked at the other responses. I agree that DDR would probably make a great gift for you. Instead of Dance Dance Revolution, though, I'd get you In the Groove (much better song selection ^_^). With that, I'd also get you two foam Red Octane dance mats. Sure, they're not quite as durable as the metal dance pads, but it's so comfortable for your feet!

Rachael got me CLOTHES! She said I really needed more. :cryNekoKimi: What do they look like?
Clothes as a gift? If I had a nickel for every time someone got me clothes...I'd actually probably be happier with the nickel. :XDNekoNekonny: But it's from your sister, so that makes it better. Knowing Rach, definitely something a bit less revealing. Of course, knowing how Rach knows you, she'd probably be able to guess that you wouldn't wear something like a big poofy sweater or jacket. Actually, something like you were wearing in Mall Cats looks pretty good, except the skirt wouldn't be as short and the shirt wouldn't be as tight (then again, maybe shorts or capris would be better than a skirt).

Miles got me a new VIDEO GAME! :gleeNekoKimi: What did I get? (You can pick ones from your world)
Just thinking of it as "Miles getting you a video game," it would probably be something from the Dead or Alive series (and I don't mean the fighting games...). However, these gifts are supposed to be perfect for you, so maybe something like Katamari Damacy or Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. Those games ROCK and they're both crazy and fun - perfect for you (I hope)! I just came back to mention this one, and I can't believe I didn't think of it before! Rayman: Raving Rabbids! Of course, it'd be the Wii version. :gleeNekoNekonny:

Oh, yeah. Definitely wildflowers. I think you said it best yourself when Taffy explo- I mean, sneezed: "FLOWER IN THE HOLE!"

A trampoline! Or maybe a pogo stick! Or better yet, a pogo stick on a trampoline! Just imagine how high you'd go! Endless hours of bounctacular fun, right there. ^_^

Taffy said she'd teach me how to DYE MY HAIR! :gleeTaffy: What color is it? (If you like my pretty blonde hair, don't worry. It's temporary.)
I can see your hair with a nice cool light blue color, or something like Taffy's hair color would look good too. Actually, I bet it would look great if you had the cool light blue with pink streaks, or vise versa.

Oh, that Minos...Well, at least he's got your best interests at heart. He'd probably get you a book, but I bet it'd be a history book of some kind, that way he'd be killing two birds with one stone (not literally, though...poor birdies...). Because it's about history you would, well, learn history, and all that reading would help improve your spelling and grammar.

It's a box of...MILKDUDS! :amazeNekoNekonny: Nah, not really. Something suspicious, eh? Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see...heh, heh, heh...Okay, the wait's over. She got you the biggest, cuddliest teddy bear ever! It's just so cute and amazing you can't believe that someone like Alej would do that for you! And it's eyes are just so big and shiny...and, wait, is that a microphone?! OH, it must be one of those karaoke bears!...

A home theater system with one of those nifty hologram projector things (like from when she was telling you about the history of Neo Earth). Just imagine it: wall to wall super hi-def picture and sound quality for a truly immersive experience. *drools* The music on that new In the Groove set I got you would sound great! Ambar was going to send you one of those giant robots, but it wouldn't fit in the mail. :(

T

Tygepc

tygepc, and I picked it before I had a choice.

When you climed on Minos for the first time.

Your Fun!

"I donno know why everyone is so unhappy. Just relax in the sun, watch the clouds and trouble just passes you by."

Lots of Flowers!

Dresses and jeans with shirts.

DOAX2

Digit's little sister.

A rake.

Royal Blue.

A Brain.

A spy microphone.

An Inflatable castle.

Thray

Apr 17, 2007
In front of a computer
[quote author=frenzy.mp3 link=topic=558.msg13193#msg13193 date=1187154902]

A Brain.

Dude, that's cold.....
[/quote]
Really? I thought brains were warm and squishy.

Etral

Apr 18, 2007
what? Sarah is sad? *hugs Sarah* dont cry T_T
Hey, quit sucking up to the judge!

Also, we should really try to start cutting back on the off topic posts. The contest threads are supposed to be for entries, not conversation.

neocloud88h

Katbox Forum Member
May 5, 2007
Arizona
As Rach's #1 fan I would like to say Happy birthday to you Sarah! You know, i was my birthday too. August 15th ^.^ That's why I haven't been posting. I just hit 21, so I've been in Las Vegas! And no, I didn't go crazy. Just had some fun. But I'm back!!

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
(Never entered a number one fan contest before. I hope I do well.)

Merrick Rose is a screen name I use on a bunch of other websites and it's the name of my character in a Sonic the Hedgehog RP.

That's a tough one. But if I had to choose, I'd say when you used that sad face to get Rachael to come to the festival with you. You just looked so cute in that panel.

Because you're, well, you and I hope you never change, and also because I'm a cat person, so I naturally like cats.

Comic #63, Mostly Harmless
"Never think a rabbit is harmless just 'cause it's pink." It's my favorite quote because I think it's show that you're smarter than you look sometimes.

Perhaps a bike so you can ride around all over the place and stay in shape.

Rachael got me CLOTHES! She said I really needed more. What do they look like? Probably a few nice dresses and something similar to that outfit you were wearing in that Mall Cats picture.

Pokemon Diamond.

I know a bunch of people already said it, but Digit would probably get you wildflowers.

Hmm. Maybe a Slip 'N Slide or something similar.

Maybe red, because it's my favorite color.

Maybe a cookbook, so you can help Taffy out in the kitchen.

It's a really big teddy bear with really shiny buttons for eyes. Wait a sec, those aren't buttons. They look more like cameras. Hmm, curious.

Possibly an entertainment system with one of those holo-screens.

Wish me luck! =D

Lai

Aug 19, 2007
Happy Birthday!

On to the interrogation.

What is your screen name and how did you pick it?

Lai, not Lie mind you, because it's a part of my name that I liked.

When did you decide that you preferred me to be your favorite character?

Not sure, maybe when I realized how spastically light-hearted you were, or all of the antics, or when you called Mora "Miss Boobsalot."

In a single sentence, state why I am your favorite character.

See above.

"Uhmmm... Taffy sent me out to get milk, we're all out."

Because of the way Mora reacted. It makes me think the milk tasted funny for a while at Las Lindas.

Six Dollars. No, I'm not skimping on a gift, I'm just broke at the moment, and my six dollars is all I have.

On second thought, I'll just use my six bucks to buy you a lot of candy.

Half-length T-shirts, and some full length shorts, like the kind Rachael wears sometimes. It's more modest than the threads you wear now, and it doesn't look bad either. Maybe a shirt like the one Mora wore that one time you asked her for milk, but blue instead.

Lessee...WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

A tatoo! No, wait, that's something Rachael would hate.

Um...a sugar free dessert.

A Nekonny, definitely.

Purply maybe.

A Rubik's Cube.

A teddy bear that sometimes blinks with a clicking sound, and that has that makes the clacking sound of film rolls smacking against each other.

D'oh! Merrick Rose thought of that all ready. A Hypnotoad then.

It's a live dinosaur!

Sarah

Katbox Comic Character
Apr 17, 2007
*giggles* Guess what! SK said I can pick my winner now! (He's sittin' right here, helping me type. ~~<3)

Having that many birthday parties would be so much fun. But If I had to pick one, I would pick Mr. Etral! You sure can tell when someone likes you when they get you some really cool gifts. And not just 'spensive ones, neither. But ones that really fit the person!

I really like his birthday present. :XDNekoKimi: Now I get TWO video games. Even though I can play through all of DDR on one quarter, now I get to keep my hard found moneys! And now not only do I get to play DDR, but I get to roll a whole bunch of stuff up in a big kitty ball! Yay!

And all of the other gifts are really cool too. I'm going to ask Taffy to color my hair a really hot pink for the comic too! My birthday is so close I can taste it!

But thanks a lot, Etral! I'm so happy to have a fan now! Squee!

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
Well, I'm a little disapointed, too. But it's cool. I tried and I failed. That's all there is to it. Better luck in the next fan contest, right? Or maybe I'll challenge Etral for his title. Mweeheeheeheehee. :3

Etral

Apr 18, 2007
If I may take a moment: *squee!*

I just had to leave home for a few days, so this is my first time back on the computer since then, and this is probably the greatest welcome back I could have hoped for! Thank you so much Sarah!

Status
Not open for further replies.