Error Incorrect Bonus Arc Link

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Hello there,

This is just a follow-up to a post I saw in the most recent Knighthood thread.

Will you people fix the damn linky thing on the comic page already? I just now found out there was a new damn page. This is getting seriously old.
Apparently, the small image link at the bottom of the page links to an older page of Knighthood rather than the newest one. At least I think that's what he's trying to say. I'll tag @Random-Redneck so he can explain it better.

Thanks again. :gleeWT:

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
I can confirm that. The current bonus comic link shows and directs to Knighthood #45. The most recent bonus comic is Knighthood #46, which has been up since July 18.

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
This isn't a bug, unfortunately. This is user-error.

That box is populated manually and I'm the one to do it. But if a certain dillo forgets to send me a thumbnail, even I wont know KH is updated and it just... goes.

My apologies, for all that's worth nowadays.

Mihari

Katbox Mascot
Administrator
Apr 24, 2011
Here or There
www.katbox.net
This isn't a bug, unfortunately. This is user-error.

That box is populated manually and I'm the one to do it. But if a certain dillo forgets to send me a thumbnail, even I wont know KH is updated and it just... goes.

My apologies, for all that's worth nowadays.
Perhaps we can semi-automate it, at the very least we can make it so the button always points the absolute latest bonus comic issued, (For I know it does already... :dropMihari:) and then just use a nice static image to always show that doesn't require updating. Other option would to be to rewrite the plugin so it takes a snapshot of the targeted page, but that could get messy and focus on odd things at times. So, that's probably not the best choice, but it is certainly an option. :gleeMihari:

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
Perhaps we can semi-automate it, at the very least we can make it so the button always points the absolute latest bonus comic issued, (For I know it does already... :dropMihari:) and then just use a nice static image to always show that doesn't require updating. Other option would to be to rewrite the plugin so it takes a snapshot of the targeted page, but that could get messy and focus on odd things at times. So, that's probably not the best choice, but it is certainly an option. :gleeMihari:
Thank you for the offer. But I think it's just on me. I wouldn't want to trouble you with a feature request for something like that.

Mihari

Katbox Mascot
Administrator
Apr 24, 2011
Here or There
www.katbox.net
Thank you for the offer. But I think it's just on me. I wouldn't want to trouble you with a feature request for something like that.
Well the ability to auto link to the latest bonus comic is already a feature, so that's not a new option if you consider the static image option, but tis up to you hun!