1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art HotCatcoa's Art Cafe

Discussion in 'Community Works' started by HotCatcoa, Oct 8, 2015.

1. HotCatcoa

HotCatcoa Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    Just so you all know, I have absolutely NO IDEA if I can post art yet! =D But since art is my most treasured of hobbies, and I can talk about it aaaalll day, I thought I could at least make my own art thread, if nothing else~

Like a few others I have seen while in lurking-mode; I, too, have my own characters and a story of my own to tell - but that's not here nor there. =P I just want to show off purdy pictures! =B

Time for a test run~ :fireAlsadia:
    [​IMG]

2. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    Test Run: Complete..... Success!

3. SilverBlaze

SilverBlaze Artist/Writer - Itsy Bitsy Adventures Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    #Artistlife. True fact.
    Your style is so adorable! I love the eyes. :happyTaffy:

4. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    Yay! :heartMihari: Now I can spam-er- POST art!
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2015 ---
    Thank you so much! :heartKBNekonny:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015 ---
    Squeee~ Now that I know I can post, let me put up a few things I've recently worked on!~

[​IMG]
    This character is my current artistic muse. He is just a ton of fun for me to draw and color, so I end up doodling him quite a bit! His name is Snowskii.
    [​IMG]
    Mortar, my soldier-themed jackal. I always liked clothe designs that had both armor and uniform, so I attempted that with this character. He is also sort of my main character in my personal project.
    [​IMG]
    Remember what I said about that 'muse'. =P This time with WishBone scolding him.

And to wrap it all up [​IMG] a picture of Tutu the squirrel~

Thanks so much for looking~ I'll post more on another day! :heartKBNekonny:

SilverBlaze likes this.
  5. W0lfmare

W0lfmare Webcomic artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Floof advocate, and enemy of complacency
    Good to see another art thread, the more the merrier!

I think it's safe to say you have me beat on the cuteness scale >>
    (A cherry on top? That just isn't fair).

6. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    MWUAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Cherry on top always win! My plan for cute-domination is going according to plan~

SilverBlaze likes this.
  7. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    GGGAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!
    They're so cute and cuddly. You're doing a fantastic job with the chibi-like design of all the OCs. Of them all, I would have to say that the Wishbone scolding your muse is my favorite. The dark and white coloration serves as a contrast to each other. By chance, do you have a DA or FA account?

8. Urien Lævateinn

Urien Lævateinn Knight- Errant

As a friend of mine would say, your characters look fluffdorable.

9. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    Thank you! I was actually fond of that specific pic of those two, so it means a lot that you like it. :heartSK:
    Yes, my DA is of the same name: hotcatcoa.deviantart.com I post just about everything on there. :gleeKBNekonny:
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 8, 2015, Original Post Date: Oct 8, 2015 ---
    I like the way your friend thinks! =D Fluff all the way~
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 11, 2015 ---
    Just gonna drop off a little art I did recently~
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Was doing headshots of characters. The top two are mah boyz! Sheila is a gazelle I recently create for two reasons: 1. I didn't even HAVE a gazelle character! D= That needed to be remedied. 2. I just wanted an all-brown character. :I
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2015 ---
    Some recent stoof~
    [​IMG]
    My muse a.k.a Snowskii in two colors. No, no twin brother! That is literally him in two variants.

[​IMG]
    Holy shit... I was messing with my lineart settings and... this turned out sooo pixely... lesson learned. But I like it enough to put here~
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2015 ---
    Some character art I'm doing. I'll finish the coloring and stuff laters~
    [​IMG]
    Attempting to practice fore-shortening on the body. It is a big weakness of mine that I'm trying to cover. Just Mortar and Noel again~ Currenty having fun drawing two of my flufferific boys!

SilverBlaze likes this.
  10. W0lfmare

W0lfmare Webcomic artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Shiny!

The links are broken for the pic above Sheila and the one below Snowskii.

Snowskii kinda reminds me of a moth for some reason, a very floofy moth =P
    It's probably all in the ears.

11. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    I've visited the forums here and there but haven't posted anything in forever. Have some art I'm most proud of this year.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I feel the year of 2016 was kind of a stepping stone for me in terms of getting to grips with drawing. I feel more confident in my art and personally think it looks so much better than before.

Oh and since its been awhile, I don't remember why I had issues posting art here the first time I started doing that on here... so in the case i'm being a total idiot and the art does not show, i'm sure you all will know why. xD

All in all, i'm just using this as an excuse to put something on the forums again other than drifting in and out. Happy almost 2017~

12. W0lfmare

W0lfmare Webcomic artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    I can see it, You've really stepped up your game!

Happy holidays ^^

13. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    Thank you!!!

Happy holidays to you as well~

14. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Such a cute little art style in this café!

HotCatcoa likes this.
  15. HotCatcoa

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    -munch munch munch-
    Some more art to post in my cafe~

[​IMG]
    I have to say, i'm really happy to have done my first Art Summary. Its nice to visually get a sense of my progress!
    [​IMG]
    Now you all can see my current icon up close and personal~

Up ahead be dragon titters! I don't know if the shape counts as NSFW, but i'm hiding it behind a spoiler just in case it offends someone. (dragon character is not mine!!! She belong to a friend)
    [​IMG]
    Aaaaand the last thing I will share today is a minicomic that I will be posting in a few hours on my DA.

That's about all I have to share to share today.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 16, 2016 ---
    A sort of cartoon comic i made in response to someone on DA.

Snowskii decided to put on a necklace with fire power. That's nice and all... but not if you are an ice elemental! xD
    [​IMG]
    I have a soft spot for comics without words. I don't know why. xD
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 21, 2016 ---
    Some Christmas art~

"A Christmas Carol" was on tv and I decided to draw three of my OCs as the three ghosts.
    [​IMG]
    Snowskii as the Ghost of Christmas Past

[​IMG]
    Leoncio the Ghost of Christmas Present.
    [​IMG]
    Last but not least, WishBone as the Ghost of Christmas Yet-to-Come.

I did these super fast, without regard to quality. More artistic exercise than anything.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 24, 2016 ---
    Merry Christmas you guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here have a drunk toast with my bat bois
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2016 ---
    This will be posted on my DA in January, but thought it would be cool to post it here for the lulz.
    [​IMG]
    Currently obsessed with Alice in Wonderland ahaha~
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 31, 2016 ---
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 26, 2017 ---
    Been awhile since I uploaded here! I've been giving this place a wide berth since the crash.

[​IMG]
    My varient of the keyhole sweater meme (still need to do virgin killer HNGGG)
    [​IMG]
    This dragon is not my OC but a gift art to a friends cutie~

[​IMG]
    Now these to are my OCs and I was experimenting with a new art style. I'm really happy with these results!!!

[​IMG]
    This site is surrounded by sexy women, here's a sexy male! Haha! Was practicing anatomy when I drew this.

[​IMG]
    Funny story; this character was not created by me. She was actually made by a friend over Skype. However when she finished she didn't know what to do with the character. I drew gift art (this pic) and she was like 'oh that's lovely... you can have her!' 'Wait what!?' And now she's my OC xD

[​IMG]
    Another male OC of mine, Brick a jackal. I have a lot of OCs. beware.

[​IMG]
    This is King Glacial, don't mind him.

[​IMG]
    This is Pimento the dragon, mu little darling who is quite reserved, but still wants to be a brave, powerful beast one day.

[​IMG]
    New OC I made recently. Lilith the Demon Rat, but the less about her the better!

[​IMG]
    Another picture of Butterfly Cat and Yeti.

[​IMG]
    This was done for DA's April Fools event, here you draw that grinning pear to get a badge. I just wanted my badge.....

[​IMG]
    Just my magician OC BlackJack.

[​IMG]
    And the last image I will be sharing, is this one. Very proud of how this came out! If ypu don't have a rabbit to pull out of your hat, pull a yeti instead xD

I have A LOT more, but I've spanned my thread enough xD