Hi! I'm new here, and I have precisely no idea what I'm doing.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Anahk

Jun 25, 2018
The Most Cliche Small Town On Earth, USA
novaluceagarden.wordpress.com
Personal Text
Am I a furry yet?
Hi! You can call me Anahk; it's not my name (obviously), but it is my pseudonym! I'm an amateur writer and illustrator from the United States; I'm currently working on getting myself a degree in Fine Arts. I'm a bit of a nerd, clearly, and I absolutely love webcomics. They're kind of my life at this point. I'm not really a furry, but my girlfriend is, and so are all of my friends, so I'm exposed to a lot of furry content, naturally influencing what I create.

I'm currently working on two potential webcomics, the human-focused, modern-day and very serious (albeit somewhat campy and retraux) sci-fi epic "Chimeric Cross", and a furry-centric, semi-serious science-fantasy mess I like to call "Luceat", because clearly, I am extremely bad at names. They both take place in the same universe, which is one I've been slowly but surely building up for quite some time; it's called the "Nova Lucea Garden" (the name honestly doesn't mean anything; I just chose it because it sounds nice, though I have tried to retroactively give it a meaning and lore relevance), andwhile there isn't much information about-face it on the 'net, I hope to change that soon enough. Check my blog if you're interested, though it's very much a work in progress at the moment.

Also, check out my deviantart... Is something I would say if I had one. However, I don't happen to have a deviantart account at the moment, though I'm working on changing that, as it would be nice to have an online gallery or two to fill with my work. Naturally, I'll edit this out and edit the links in once I've got all that set up and have started posting.

If you're wondering why I'm called Anahk, well, I don't actually have a real answer for you. At least it's nice enough and isn't usually taken. The "H" doesn't change how it's pronounced; it's just there for flavour. (It's savory, of course.)

I used to be super into Uberquest like two years ago, and even have a signed copy of the first volume (I almost never buy physical copies of webcomics, since I don't have a job and am completely broke), so I'll be getting back into that, at least. I'll definitely at least give every comic here a chance, except for the "After Dark" ones, since I'm not really into that. Who knows, maybe I'll become a respected member of the community somehow, and get my comic onto the site. I can't predict the future, after all.

Though honestly it's exponentially more likely that all I will ever do here is be slightly awkward and make bad jokes, because that's all I do anywhere, or perhaps never say anything at all. But that's actually not all that likely, honestly. This is effectively my first forum, and I already think that this is a neat little community that I genuinely want to be a part of.

Hopefully I'm doing this right and I won't have to get this thread deleted so I can repost it or something slightly time-consuming like that.

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
Welcome to the forums, kid! The majority of us don't really know what we're doing here, either, so you should fit right in. Awkwardness and bad jokes abound. Just don't take anything too seriously, have fun, don't be mean, and keep away from politics.

Mihari

Katbox Mascot
The Katbox
Apr 24, 2011
Here or There
www.katbox.net
Sorry I'm a bit late, but I do make it a point to try to greet everyone, so, hello and welcome to the Katbox forums! I do hope you enjoy your stay, and aren't a stranger around here (much like how I've been latetly! T_T) Should you need anything don't hesitate to ask, for quicker responses check us out on Discord.