1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Event Halfway Point Update and Feedback

Discussion in 'Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle(s) 2014' started by MrAMP, Aug 4, 2014.

1. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Hello there folks,

Instead of having a normal round of tournaments, I thought I would check to see how everyone is doing thus far with the UCB. Basically, what do you like, dislike, wish to see different, questions, etcetera…etcetera…

While I’m here and since I’ve been keeping track, here is a status list of all the women.

Mark.jpg

And finally, I should mention that starting August 8, 2014, we will now have one women battle and one man battle per update so that all the tournaments will end on the same date, which should be September 26, 2014.

Don’t worry folks as I’ll go ahead and launch two women and two men battles on August 8, 2014. After that, it will be one woman and one man battle.

2. mobiusscarf

mobiusscarf Katbox Forum Member

I think it's been going well. I like the pacing of everything in particular, since the previous UCB took way longer to run (which made it all the more frustrating when it was canceled). Perhaps some of the match-ups were a bit one-sided due to a character being under-developed or even completely unknown (perhaps the seeds could have been chosen more competitively), but at this point, most of the weaker competitors have been knocked out, so I think the latter half should be far more interesting.

3. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    Iunno what to make of it, Because i strongly suspect the person i want to win, Aint' gonna

But a problem is some people make it a popularity contest (Some people actually made excellent points)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  4. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    I think it's going fine, as it's all just good silly fun, anyway.

5. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Panthera tigris Nascuris (Bengal NASCAR Tiger)
    Eh. I'll keep voting, even if it's for a losing battle...

Keep it up with the pre-battle emoticon things. Those are funny!

6. Cobrez

Cobrez The Guy

Personal Text:
    This text is personal to me
    Taffy is in in all categories! Let's keep it that way! :happyTaffy:
    But yeah this was a success. I mean the only reason we did it is because 2013 got cancelled and we did that one just for the heck of it. I think we are good here.

7. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    I'm actually glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the show thus far. And I do apologize if some of these were one-sided fistfights. Although, to be fair, some one-sided fistfights are pretty funny to watch.

That reference aside, I truthfully let the program pick the matches after shuffling them 15 times. Seriously, if you saw the original ones, those were way too one-sided. XD Also, I will admit that there were some individuals that made it into the competition due mostly for number generation. When I initially started, I believe I had a total of 103 women and 51 males. I eliminated characters that only made one appearance and then moved to various characters that had limited speaking engagements and finally ended with those that had the potential to reappear in the comic.

8. Tenjen

Tenjen Lynx Ram

Personal Text:
    half-bah maow's*
    Say, how long are votes anyway? Tuesday to today seemed a bit fast. i missed the votes again

9. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet

I so already made that reference on like, One of the first battles :l,

The only things i don't care for are the battle-snark and .GIFs