1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Addictive Science Getting Autumnal

Discussion in 'Cervelet's Works' started by Cervelet, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

2. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Even when everything is safe, Celia will still have the urge to cause MAD SCIENCE!

I will say that I got a kick out of Lukas and the MIB Agent actually sharing the same emotional excitement!

3. F-Frost

F-Frost Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Okay I think I'm beat there tbh. Setting all the bloody leaves on fire would be quite enjoyable.
    The lawn?
    Collateral damage.

4. Cervelet

We had a period of drought where it was very hot and dry two weeks ago and the lawn is still dry and dead, so using fire on it now would be a pretty bad idea...
    [​IMG]

5. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Fun and convenience>Property damage.

Also I should've guessed by now that all the zapping, submerging, eating of magical stuff would have some kind of side effect eventually.
    Or maybe it's just the background radiation of the place I dunno...

6. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Wait...so if he can turn into a cat at will, does that mean he can turn into other things too, like Dragons? Also, does this mean that Lukas is now magical?

7. Cervelet

8. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Lukas, whatever you do don't form a contract!

Also I'm rather tempted to add captions to that murder face in panel three. That's pure, unadulterated evil right there.

9. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

Don't listen to him! Form a contract! Even just a short one! If fiction teaches us anything it's that magical cats forming contracts with people results in an array of magical abilities in the party of the second part, evoking the classic familiar spirit of folklore. It would be worthwhile to know if magical cat-people intrinsically have the same effect.

10. F-Frost

Home Page:
    And by god, if you do, don't tell me anything about it. Ignorance is bliss and all that. My heart has just recovered from re zero and I'm in no need for a madoka relapse...
    Release the fourth movie already god dammit...

11. Cervelet

*staring blankly*

MrAMP likes this.
  12. Radagast

...Actually, a thought occurs. If Lukas can turn back and forth at will...how will that interact with the transformative shenanigans he often finds himself in? I mean offhand I can imagine several distinct possibilities in order of decreasing attractiveness to him:

1) His ability is form locked, meaning that regardless of the surrounding circumstances he can transform into "regular" cat-person Lukas or "regular" human Lukas. If this is the case then the ability can potentially act as a reset button for him.
    Example: Human form transformed into a fennec? *poof* Back to normal cat-person Lukas. *poof* Back to normal human Lukas.

2) His ability is partially form locked, meaning that changes will only affect the form that was originally affected. This is potentially inconvenient but would still give him a small reprieve in being able to return to a semi-familiar and at times likely preferable form. Alternatively, if he anticipated the transformative effects, he could game the system by shunting transformative effects onto his less preferred form (which is almost certainly the cat form)
    Example: Celia points a ray-gun at him for science, Lukas transforms into his cat person form. Cat-form becomes a cat-merperson. Lukas turns back to his unchanged human form when he's certain the "danger" has passed.

3) His forms are in flux, so a change in one form will be reflected in a change on the other.
    Example: Human Lukas becomes a taur. He changes into cat-form and discovers that it is also a taur.

...Well, you know what this means. Time for science!

MrAMP likes this.
  13. Cervelet

Well, actually, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER, SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER. It's closer to the second one. Let's say he gets turned into a sharkperson: he can turn into a catperson, but when he'll try to turn back he will be a sharkperson again and not human. (mark text to read, I put it in white. And if you're surfing in text mode and saw the text because of that, well, joke's on you)

14. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Well, if it makes Lukas feel any better, at least he's a cat man and not a cat woman. XD Additionally, at least he doesn't have a fan club...yet. XD

But in all due seriousness, I just absolutely adore Lukas's expression in Panel 3 as it reminds me of the time I held my cat like that and she did bite me for it.

15. Cervelet

Erh, he's a catwoman. His luck is that his catgirl form has small bosoms. XD

hnaks for the comment on the expression! I love studying my cat's expressions. He's funny.

16. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    OH! I was about to say I thought his chest was much larger. Did something happen to him with the magics? XD

17. Cervelet

18. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Gah, poor beer! All it ever wanted was to make people happy and possibly a bit inebriated.
    Or perhaps it was a Pabst, or BW, or Miller light...
    This is a big dilemma, either its a catastrophe or everything is awesome...

19. Radagast

Let us all take a moment to mourn our dear friend Alcohol and remember fondly everything it has done for us.

20. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Hehehe. Silly dragon guy. How did he not notice that change?

Celia really needs to start charging to turn people into the things they want to be.

21. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I wonder…since Lukas is under Celia’s employment, can’t he technically sue her for mad science negligence? If not, is magical radiation covered under his health insurance? On the plus side, he can get maternity leave when he has a kid. XD #OfficeHumor #LegalHumor

It’s been awhile since we’ve seen this dragon man…I mean woman. I wonder how long he’s been stuck like that.

So wait…Celia drinks Mad Science Beer then?
    1.jpg
    FYI: I’m not making this up. There is a beer called Mad Science.

22. Cervelet

I really want to try that beer.