1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art GearGades Works

Discussion in 'Community Works' started by GearGades, Feb 13, 2016.

1. GearGades

GearGades Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Hey there, everyone - name's GearGades (originally Alleycat and the Ciemge). I see this is a forum where members share their artwork, so I'm going to do it here for the first time on the forums of Katbox. I'm very timid of the idea as my style isn't exactly great (cartoonish actually) - some times it comes out good others don't.

I do a lotta of comics on my DA account, mostly anthros http://geargades.deviantart.com/?rnrd=203376 . Dunno if I can share art featuring humans, or fetish (nude and tickling) in nature.

For now, I'll feature some of my works, made under my training with the pad in the last year or unalatered (before using too much the curve lines of MSNpaint, I cut corners when I was over loading myself with so many comics at once, eventually I went into a meltdown and remain on brief break for a month). Straight lines still are problem for me as my pulse is shaky and I use the lines from MSN paint as I still get used to it - everything else is coloring in msnpaint and the rest done in adobe.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    Cool stuff. I'll have to check your DA sometime.

3. GearGades

Home Page:
    Hope you do, thanks:)

4. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    I just need to tear myself away from reading manga/watching anime/playing pc games long enough to do it. I'm in a serious addiction phase right now and it's tough to do, but I'll get around to it, eventually. I'm diggin' your style and use of colors.

5. GearGades

Home Page:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  6. Thelordoflemonz

Thelordoflemonz Katbox Forum Member

I like the design of Rexar.

7. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    I must commend you on the cartoonish style here, especially with the anatomy and positioning of the limbs.

8. GearGades

Home Page:

Thanks - usually they don't tent to come up good in the pages, since my comics are all week running and I have to work the next batch of the line. With picks I take my time to work them for better effect. Using these tent to be the training I do for my art style:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 20, 2016, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 5, 2016 ---
    A Revamp of my Sexy Bee Vio - remaining the same, but given a much more vibrant colors as Kat. Note: 3/6/16 - Update given to the previous design. Given her a bit of the exo-skeleton aspect to her body.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  9. hedgehodge

hedgehodge Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    ohHH hey, not bad!

also I fucking LOVE bees, you don't get enough cute bee people in this fandom.

10. GearGades

Home Page:
    thanks, and that is so true.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 16, 2016 ---

Okay guys, here's the situation, dunno how much I can count on you, but I need your help baddly - I did the change to Windows 10 (work good) except my Monitor is outdated and can go from its 1366x768 factory set resolution. Right now, everything looks stretch, and I can't change it.

I can buy a Monitor in Walmart but it will cost about $100, plus the fucking 11% tax. I was considering to save it for a new drawing pad with a new Photoshop (mine is outdated, my sister bought it like 3 years ago) and later on a new PC, but as things stand, I can't work on poorly performing out of date monitor in this way and I need to get a new one asap - I can do some of the comics, but Donna would be the most difficult (is a sketch page that gets work on).

Right now there are about 19 artworks there (discarded works, previews, exclusive works and a few characters previews for Project Terra and Cyborgs).

PS: I was planning to do this, after April 1, but this changes everything.

My Da
    http://theciemgecorner.deviantart.com/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  11. Meijin_Sigma

Meijin_Sigma Katbox Forum Member

nice I'll be looking for more of this work

12. GearGades

Home Page:
    P.S. This designs are been reworked constantly and will be changed and updated periodically.

Update 4/24/16: Minor rearrage of the character pick to add Luke, Eva with a minor redesign: gave her the thorax part her previous drawing didn't had, tho is still the same drawing. After careful study, Scallion. This pick will be reposted for everytime at least 2 characters or redesigns added. Middle 2nd row slot, is another character from JBA that will be remake.

Some of the main and Secondary Scavenger Characters with some of the Just Bugging Around Characters (a scrapped comic) with their new names and giving most of them some serious Coloring and insectoid design (exoskeleton). The designs shown here give an idea in what direction I want to take this guys.

The New reboot to the Just Bugging Around/Scavenger characters will be rename Amazonian Bugs - this basically returning to the roots of the JBA character came from and adding the Scavengers cast to it. While doing both comics I was considering having the characters teamming up, but the amount of time that would be making there would be long - this was one of the reasons JBA was cut out, and why there won't be MsotS2. Now rather than making it a comic series (in the way I do the Cats and Donna), the direction will be in Strip form (much like I do with Furrytales creating mishaps for the characters with in small arcs). I have made the first pg (only ONE) but I'll be working on the ideas in more in depth to make a debut some time next year. So. you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Characters_
    Some of the main and Secondary Scavenger Characters with some of the Just Bugging Around Characters with their new names and giving most of them some serious Coloring. The designs shown here give an idea in what direction I want to take this guys.

The New reboot to the Just Bugging Around/Scavenger characters will be rename Amazonian Bugs - this basically returning to the roots of the JBA character came from and adding the Scavengers cast to it. While doing both comics I was considering having the characters teamming up, but the amount of time that would be making there would be long - this was one of the reasons JBA was cut out, and why there won't be MsotS2. Now rather than making it a comic series (in the way I do the Cats and Donna), the direction will be in Strip form (much like I do with Furrytales creating mishaps for the characters with in small arcs). I have made the first pg (only ONE) but I'll be working on the ideas in more in depth to make a debut some time next year. So. you'll have to wait a bit longer.

Characters_
    Dirt Gravel - (From MotS Remains same, with new colors, Final).
    Violet - Vio Rosas. (From MotS. Normal clothing Vio, Final)
    Pebble - Syrup Gravel. (From MotS, Final)
    Vee Pollier - Eva Petallier. (From JBA, Final)
    Scallion Mite (will remain same)
    Dr. Beevier - Barbara Belgier. (From MotS, Final)
    Roxanne - Roxana Rojas. (From JBA, Final)
    Rose Antlot - Rosie Rojas (From JBA, final)
    Queen Beetriz - Queen Beatriz Amazonian XII. (From JBA, Final)
    Mr. Algregor - Mr. Magnus Algregor (From JBA, Final)
    General Petallier (From JBA, Final)
    Babsy Ludan (From JBA, Final)

New Character_
    Maramba Vespa (Wasp in Brazilian) - Leader of the Black Stingers. (Final)
    Jumpei (planned for the MotS, Final)

recently Added to pick _
    Luke Antlot - Luke Rojas (From JBA, final)

Been reworks_
    Yalil are been reworked and will be shown at a later date.

13. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    they're bee-utiful

14. GearGades

Home Page:
    I'm pleased to say the situation with the monitor is solve early, and it has been replace, thanks to my brother and sister. FUCKING YES!!!

The three of us united forces to get a new monitor for $113 (with the fucking 11% tax, that was another $12.43, the whole thing came out at $125.43). The Nvidia sets had to be change to add a W8 one in order to make the monitor resolutions activate. Now I have a fully fledge functioning monitor with the required resolution settings and the image resolution is back to normal, and I can read properly with out seeing the letters and everything so compress. I'll be re-editing some of the recent patreon adds.

With the monitor now solved, I can finally concentrate back on one of the 2 intended goals - a new drawing tablet. Mine has been kinna going weird lately, going on and off (I think the cable is starting to get lose) and I have to disconect it constantly to make sure it gets its calibration back. Gonna keep an eye it. The Tablet is quite old, tho it didn't see much used until I asked my sister if I could have it - it has serve well. I made a search of possible choices - but I ask you, gimme your best suggestions from choices I found at Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_7?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=drawing+tablet&sprefix=Drawing,aps,459

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 1, 2016 ---

Comic sharing time - were we last left of ...

While Orion is a long way from starting into something concrete, I'll keep posting updates on the evolution of the designs - specially these three, the main Cyborgs for the project.

They serve as prototype to reworks the other cyborgs in full lenght in the future.

Fully (re)name Akira (frm. Aisu), Ranger (fmr. Laser) and Gunnut. The incorporation of the Black and Yellow colors is to give a military tune to the characters as they are part of the Cyborg Enforcers corp respondents to a Miliary Junta, which rules their civilization.

I'm not going to lie - This idea, along with one from Halloween, have always been in my mind, as I'm open to develop it for games. If I can find people with experience to mount a game together that can help me out.

--- Double Post Merged, May 11, 2016 ---
    Comic Sharing time:D

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 9, 2016 ---

Kat's New look for the Cats 9 Lives remake I'd been considering for a while. I made a journal explaining the crazy reason for this crazy decision. http://theciemgecorner.deviantart.c...re-for-The-Cats-9-Lives-please-read-614164552

Comic Sharing time

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2016 ---
    Sharing some Sketchworks

Up First The Ezouju (Èzuòjù) Which is Chinese for Mischievous (according to Google translate. Are mischiveous Demons that are planned to make a presence in one of my upcoming new comics (Project Terra). The Creatures are based on the Mogwai/Gremlins from the Gremlin films. The birth of these things was accidental, as I originally was working on making a fan made Mutant Gremlin Weasel - if you remember Gremlins 2 the New Batch, the new Gremlins sneak in a lamb drinking tons of genetic serums many of them becoming mutants. And was liking what came out from the sketch that this prototype which I refered as Ezouju was born.

He became the first concept of many others that came about. During the process of developing, I originally envision giving them the ears of a cat to deviate from the Gremlins ear design, primate or rabbit - but I'd rapidly realized, the creature didn't look threatning with small ears, so I gave them the big floppy ears instead, and really, it completes the whole look. It gives a deceptive impression of been a gentle creature.

15. F-Frost

F-Frost Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    I have very little/no experience with patron but that sound really retarded.
    So you don't pay the instance you subscribe??
    Or like, you know, any other monthly payment method where you get the stuff first and start paying the next month, but you still have to pay for that month regardless of unsubscribing... I mean if that's true they can just shove in a 30% cut of bots to your real subscribers to make themselves look good.

16. GearGades

Home Page:
    Unfortunately no. GoFundme, Kickstarter and Indiegogo serve mostly to finance future projects in the works, where as Patreon one donates to a content creator who has an active project (like Jim with his Jimquistion, or the members of Katbox with their comics). I know is not easy many content creators who use donation sites, specially for a one man team like me, and I was not expecting to earn 100's of 1000's but after reopening my Patreon I was again dealing with that much stress because it meant putting more effort than the first time - but some people were donating the dollar only to see the art to undonate before the deadling. Some undonated after I told them thank you, which is weird and as they never made any comments or suggestions to better my art (and I don't considered my art perfect, but average honestly).

When I did the commissions, I learned this (You set the price and limit, and limit to the themes you are open to do). I had more control and time to do those works without thinking the stress of my failure with Patreon, and earned more than in the same period. So is better for me to do the commission, set a price and save the amount I can earn over time. PayPal takes just a 40+ cents from what I noticed when the transactions for the commission was done. So better do the sacrifice there - I do something I wanted to do, work for people in what I do best, draw. And this was the MOST hillarious period I had (two had to be redone 3 times each, and one was a comic).

I had looked at Tapas Comics https://tapastic.com/ which has been described as the Youtube of Comics as means to start small - my main two comics, The Cats 9 Lives and Hello Donna are been remade for that with a third newer story to go along - but it won't start until each iteration is finish. Cats6 and Donna4 will be the last stories for these versions. So I still have to wait to finish these two.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 6, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 4, 2016 ---
    One of the Summer pics release from Patreon, decided to post it, perfect for this period - I'll be posting some of these in not the same order as I did in Patreon, post will depend on the theme of the month.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 7, 2016 ---
    Since this is October and to go along with the theme of the month, I sharing here my fan art of the Mikene Warrior Beasts - the Various Monsters of the Week and OVA from Great Mazinger and other Mazinger related stories.

Mikene (Mycenae) Empire.
    The Mikene Empire is heavily important in the Mazinger lore, as the ancient civilization's technology in producing Giant Guadian Robots (the Talos) is later rediscovered in the Expedition lead by Dr. Hell - after rebuilding the Talos, he revealed his true intentions with the ancient technology and massacred all the scientists, minus one - Juzo Kabuto (Koji Kabuto's grandfather) would be the sole survivor to escape the massacre, and his knowledge of the ancient robots, along with the discovery of Alloy Z and Photonic Energy, would lead to the birth of Mazinger Z - seeding the MazingerZ/Hell Legion War. After the defeat of Dr. Hell and his Legion, the ancient Mikene came back now as Giant living Cyborgs bent on conquering the world and wiping out Humankind.

The people of the civilization itself, once prosperous and peaceful, were collected by the Emperor and the The Great General of Darkness and convert them into either the normal human Foot Soldier, or their brains processed to become the main operating component of the a Mikene Warrior Beast, thus making them Giant Cyborgs. All Warrior Beasts have a human face incorporated at various points in the body and is the primary weakness of the Warrior Beast, likely where the brain is located. It is impossible to destroy a Warrior Beast without destroying the brain. These Giant cyborgs have self destruct devices (generally located close to the brain) to either force the Warrior in a desperate suicidal run under desperate situations, or to threaten and/or punish one that gets rogue.

I had tried to draw the General's and the rest of the Hierachy, with NO luck, but, that doesn't stopped me to share what I got here. Each Mikene Beast Warrior bio is under each pick.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    This year's Halloween pick - Paranormal Investigator Donna is called to deal on a spooky matter in the Astoria Manor - but the problem may be too much for her to handle. Inspired by the cartoon shorts Lonesome Ghosts (from Disney), Jeepers Creepers (from WBs) and the Filmation Ghost busters Animated series.

17. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Critique Mode activated! GAMBARE
    Right, finally checked on the art here. I think it's promissing but there's something that irks me with the technique, the linework feels heavy to me- it seems you're using a mouse rather than a tablet, or didn't set it to register different pressures. I highly recommend checking the linework of different authors (i have a soft spot for the way manga authors draw their lines, as the thick-to-thin line is very often used. Read Ranma...). I find certain elements rather vulgar (is no one wearing bras? All that thick fabric pushing against the boobs would lead to chaffing) but that is artistic choice. Probably.
    The colour work is a bit garish. Computer colours are especially hard, since finding natural colours in a digital wheel is difficult, I suggest using colour refs as your colours are far from natural, and too intense.

Usually I recommend using traditional art for studies and such because it's much easier to go around and sketch stuff with some drawing paper rather than a computer with a tablet.

18. GearGades

Home Page:
    The breast thing, yeah, I had tried to evolve from it, but always go back to that way. Since my art veers to somewhat an exagerated cartoon style, it got stuck like this, and have gotten used to work them in that exagerated style.

The Color, is both MSN paint for coloring and Photoshop to work all the other stuff (shadows, etc.), but I had my monitor set in a color setting that I was used to, so what it looked garish seemed colorful in the way I was used to seeing it on my monitor (currently, my PC is down and I'm using my brother's computer, so the garish thing is noticeable on my brothers monitor). The line will come and go, even to this day I don't have a define pulse - I'm still on the learning curve on that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 15, 2016 ---

After a year of TRYING to make any of Dr. Hell mechanical Monsters, FINALLY I bring the first ones out - and what better choice to start with than with the two most famous members of the Dr. Hell's Underground Empire Mechanical Monster Army and the series fan favorites: Garada K7 and Doublas M2. Since the franchise's inception on it's original Manga publication, the two were there - the first to be sent out to conquer the world in the name of their master, Dr. Hell, and the first two die at the hands of Mazinger Z and it's pilot, Koji Kabuto.

Garada K7 was armed with two large scythes that were attached to it's head as horns and would use them as Boomerangs to a target. He also has missile launchers on his eyes. Doublas M2 contained a more variety of arsenals at his disposal to his partner - Having two heads standing at long necks, Doublas would extend them and use his heads as spears, as well fired heat beams from the beak like nose which when combine would create a more powerful blast of energy (yes, Doublas M2 invented the crossing the streams gig). He would discharge electrical from the panels on his stomach. In the many re-tellings of the franchise, their origins had been different - in the original Manga, they were left overs of the ancient Mikene Empire and are rebuilt, while in the Anime they were built by Dr. Hell years after the Expedition to Bardos and the Massacre of the Scientists.

In later reinventions of the franchise, Garada and Doublas would at time's be resurrected as Garadoubla MK01 which is the combine parts of the main 2 plus other destroy Mechanical Monsters (as in Mazinkaiser). In Shin Mazinger Z, Koji -when he went back in time to the Mikene Empire glory days - Garadoubla MK01 was Hero of the Empire and of alien origin. After Koji kills him and uses is corpse to distract Emperor Hades to help Zeus out - his remains would be left where Dr. Hell would find them in the main timeline. (AND YES - I WILL BE MAKING both versions of Garadoubla MK01 in do time).

In the Robot Girls Team Z, Garada K7 and Doublas M2 are two comical relief kids - Garada is portrayed as a tomboyish Teen with an attitude eager for a fight and Doublas is portrayed a small timid girl too shy to speak without her hand puppets and can be distraught is she losses them and having something of sister relation to Ashura been their parent figure. Still they can show the same abilities as their original Mechanical Monster counterparts.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 26, 2016 ---

Comic Sharing time.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 27, 2016 ---

Some of the summer picks that will be release for this month.

Comic MEGA share: since The Cats 5 will end tomorrow and next week is Cats 6 and it will be the last comic of this iteration as the Cats will be rebooted.

EDIT Special Comic Sharing time - the Last 10 Pages (85 to 94) of the Cats 9 Lives 5 - The Copycat are added to the previous batch. Comic Run: Friday, February 26, 2016 to Monday, October 31, 2016.

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---

Considering there is no Cats until NEXT Friday, here I'm sharing a two page preview of Cats 6 - teasing the next set of circumstances that our Feline Duo has fallen into.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 5, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Posting Cover of Cats 6, pass Midnight (if there are no problems) I'll post the first 10 pages. This will be the last comic of THIS iteration of the Cats, as the it will be rebooted. After the 10 pages, I will post some of the first looks for the rest of the cast of Cats Rebooted. (FYI: if you want to now WHY I'm rebooting the Cats, head to my Journal of June 8, where I explain the reasons for the decision http://theciemgecorner.deviantart.c...re-for-The-Cats-9-Lives-please-read-614164552

Summary (Tonight, although it GIVES AN OBVIOUS HINT). DISCLAIMER - any similarities with another story is purely coincidental ;D

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2016 ---
    Comic Sharing and Artwork sharing time

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 28, 2016 ---
    The Cats9-Rebooted Previews pages and Extra Characters

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 3, 2016 ---

Art and Comic Sharing time.
    PS Page 13's panel no.3 has an minor sex intercourse scene - so apologies if this violate any guidelines (if so, I'll remove it and post the link only).

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 8, 2016 ---
    Comic Sharing Time, plus artworks and Christmas Works:)

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 17, 2016 ---
    Comic and Artwork sharing time:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 23, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Dec 30, 2016 ---
    Comic and Artwork Sharing time - Last of 2016:)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  19. GearGades

Home Page:
    Been a while since I last shared any new pages do the site's works on the serves. Hope you guys have get fully back to normal soon.

Any ways, COMIC SHARING TIME:D

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 16, 2017 ---

Comic and Artwork sharing time:)

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2017 ---
    Art and Comics for the month:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 6, 2017 ---
    Comic and Art sharing time:)

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 7, 2017 ---
    Comic sharing time:)

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2017 ---
    Art to share today:)

--- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2017 ---
    Been a while I came here and share advancements in the story line - ton's of Comics OC/Fan Art posted since April. Sharing the Comics here first to not make this spoiler too long. Stay tuned I'll share the next batch asap.

2nd batch of the Night - OC Batch.

Fan Art Batch.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  20. GearGades

Home Page:
    Comic Sharing time - Pages 68 to 70 this time. Saving OC works and Fan Art for later this week, enjoy:)

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 30, 2017, Original Post Date: Jun 26, 2017 ---
    OC Pics (sorry for the delay, really forgot, and didn't remember until after I gave a glimpse on the Thread today, my bad) Fan Art will be posted later today or tonight.

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 1, 2017 ---
    A Bit of more Sonic and Mazinger Fan Art

21. GearGades

Home Page:
    Decided to post my Fan Artworks first - my usual OC will be share later today, so this thread will be updated:)

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 31, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 31, 2017 ---

OCs

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM
  22. GearGades

Home Page:
    Comic Sharing time - Pgs 80 to 92

Preview of the first 3 Pgs of Ch.2 of the Cats Reboot:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 16, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Original Post Date: Aug 9, 2017 ---
    Comic Sharing time Hello Donna 4 "Heart of the Astoria".

The Final Adventure has arrive.

Picking up from the disastrous events that took place in the last story, Donna, Roderick, Viviana and Becky must repay the damages they did to Elizabeth's home by doing a job for her - and average, mild, run of the mill treasure hunt on the biggest and desolated mansion in the area ... The Astoria Mansion, a place rumor to house riches and epicenter of a massacre. As our team roams around and screws which other (i.e. Donna and Viviana) they inevitably open up the secrets to the tragedy of the place and it comes swinging back at them with murderous intent.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 12:32 PM