Gaming.katbox.net offically launched!

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington

http://gaming.katbox.net/

We at the Katbox are proud to announce the launch of our newest form of entertainment and enter the gaming world with not one, but TWO projects to appeal to every fan's desire and pleasure! Check out the page for exclusive screenshots and developer interviews! :gleeCurran:

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
We at the Katbox are pleased to announce that we are now broadening our interests when it comes to creating anthropomorphic entertainment. We've recently made a few connections and have picked up a few new hires... and the result? Gaming.katbox.net! You should check it out. We're opening up with two projects now to take advantage of the amount of characters we have across the Katbox's intellectual property to bring some amazing new content to our loyal readers. What inspired us to do this move, you ask? It has a lot to do with reader feedback. Our forumites love to state their favorite characters and then tell us what that favorite should be doing in their comic and who that character should be dating. So we felt that if interaction and choice is that important to you, then why not go for an interactive medium! Please enjoy our first two steps into the gaming industry with Katboxmon and Katbox High.

Unico

Devil on Your Shoulder
Oct 15, 2007
Personal Text
This text is very personal to me.
Wow, how'd you ever sell Curran on Pokemon? Interesting projects you've had going on in the background. Want the art resources I made for Tale of Taffy, Nekonny? Couldn't pull it off with the tile-program limitations, but maybe you can do something with them.

Curran: Exactly! We wouldn't hold back gaming content just to milk those delicious consumer dollars out of our customer's pockets! We'd have to be jerks to do that!
Aw, screw you guys, I'm one of those capitalistic jerks! :dropTila:
And one day, I'll be laughing at you from atop my mountain of money, so there. :heartAlej:

JSB

Katbox Forum Member
May 31, 2007
New Jersey
You guys want any help? I am a Game Design Major, I could probably be quite useful for these projects. I've got programming experience and all that jazz.

needleman

Aug 2, 2007
This is the best April update ever; I expect great things from this project!

Question: is there anything that will deal with the bosom ferret specifically? I'd like to see a game starring him going around collecting things and gaining neat powers for his ultimate goal, to live in Diana's bust!

wallaby63

Jan 2, 2011
Mary hanging out in a café on tilapia night? That's just wrong.

Bag? Does that mean open a bag of stuff, or is that a combat manoeuver?

I can't wait to play these. I can imagine this keeping me stimulated for months.

If I can put in a request for the developers, it's that you move to 3D, the type with red and blue glasses.

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
BWahahaha xD :XDJoy:

This is the most hilarious 1. april joke ever xD
That dating simulator?
"Yeah? Wait till I show you my other pom-poms!"
"Only if I can shake 'em too."
xD
And dragons! More specifically, Chiare in a schoolgirl uniform! *tries to click the "Sure!" alternative*
And of course, the "angry sex" achievement. xD

And pokemons too xD Excuse me, katboxmons xD

*breathes out to get laughter under control*
*Unsuccessfull*

Okay, lemme just go laugh out here... xD

@ Kristal: Yarr, the bag opens a bag of stuff. You've never played pokemon, have you? xD

Sage

The Katbox
Jan 14, 2008
Watchtower
yosh.katbox.net
Personal Text
Please, I go through everyones trash. - The Question
You know, I now am suddenly reminded of a puzzle game Nekonny actually released a few years ago based on CBlue...
Reminds me of http://skinandfur.com/ - but you know, not as cool, always reaching to be as cool, but never quite there... *sigh* we set the bar too high...

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Is there going to be a Katboxmon version of Missingno so I can cheat and get all the rare candies I want? Oh, and does this mean the Crests are going to take the place of the gym leaders or something? :gleeWT:

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
Reminds me of http://skinandfur.com/ - but you know, not as cool, always reaching to be as cool, but never quite there... *sigh* we set the bar too high...
:confuzzledMiles: What is this...?
<.<
>.>
Oooh, heehe....

AHMAHGAWD it's teh hentai smasher! *runs off*

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
This is definitely one of the best April's Fools things going. Especially since it seems so plausible. I mean, Las Lindas Farmville? Perfectly appropriate (Harvest Moon would also have worked). Very well done, definitely not just slapped together.

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
It just hit me that you guys must've been working on this for a LONG time. Atleast since when we saw that leaked footage of Joymon xD And that's starting to be a long time ago now.

Ramza Ydoc

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 29, 2008
California
Personal Text
Mostly machine
In my groggy, tea-less, hunger induced state of hope I thought this meant you realized what a stupid idea breaking of BTF was and brought it back, giving it its own sub forum. Sadly I am mistaken. Are you happy now, trampling over my dreams yet AGAIN!

2/10: points for the physical work, but not for the execution. Maybe try something more subtle or believable next year.

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
[quote author=Ramza Ydoc link=topic=7311.msg177640#msg177640 date=1301666822]
In my groggy, tea-less, hunger induced state of hope I thought this meant you realized what a stupid idea breaking of BTF was and brought it back, giving it its own sub forum. Sadly I am mistaken. Are you happy now, trampling over my dreams yet AGAIN!

2/10: points for the physical work, but not for the execution. Maybe try something more subtle or believable next year.
[/quote]

... I don't think if was ever meant to be believable. More like funny.

Apr 23, 2008
[quote author=Omega Wolf J link=topic=7311.msg177608#msg177608 date=1301650950]
*smiles softly and claps slowly* :gleeAmbar:
Very nicely done.
[/quote][quote author=Ramza Ydoc link=topic=7311.msg177640#msg177640 date=1301666822]

2/10: points for the physical work, but not for the execution. Maybe try something more subtle or believable next year.[/quote]

Yeah, I kinda agree with both of them, here. Nice try, guys. If you recall, I remember all the aggida over the gaming possibilities; hell, I was one of the people that damn-near started that one particular craze around here! So, it was a nice try and all that, but next time... something that actually could happen would have more impact, I think. Though, I guess I can't say very much at all.... we, umm... kinda flopped on the april-fools ourselves, heh. :pointsAlsadia: Anywho, nice shot, guys. Better luck next year. :gleeAlsadia:

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
[quote author=Ramza Ydoc link=topic=7311.msg177640#msg177640 date=1301666822]

[/quote]

btf?

kevassilu

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 14, 2007
New Jersey
Heh these games look fun. I'd love to play a katbox dating sim game. It could really happen too. Honestly dating sims are probably some of the easiest types of games to make. You just need to get the artists to draw the characters with different poses and different facial expressions and then write all the dialog for all of the possibilities. Well I guess you would also need some background art too. Oh yea and sound effects, music, and maybe voice acting so it isn't really boring. Actually maybe it is a bit more complicated than I thought.