Error Forum Looks Squeezed

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

NekoSabrina

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 29, 2012
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but I'm noticing the main page of the forum is looking particularly squeezed together (see attached pic). The page used to scroll over more to accomodate the forum stats without encroaching on the forum lists, it doesn't seem to be doing that now.

The entire rest of the forum looks okay, it's just the main page that looks like that (although if I zoom out, it looks okay, but what's the point of doing that for one page?).

(inb4 someone complains I'm using IE: I've never had any issues with it)

Attachments

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
I don't know if I'm the only one having this problem, but I'm noticing the main page of the forum is looking particularly squeezed together (see attached pic). The page used to scroll over more to accomodate the forum stats without encroaching on the forum lists, it doesn't seem to be doing that now.

The entire rest of the forum looks okay, it's just the main page that looks like that (although if I zoom out, it looks okay, but what's the point of doing that for one page?).

Scaled both my firefox and IE windows to even thinner sizes and they do not create the issue you mention there at all.
(In fact, the best I can replicate is the titles being put on two lines, but as soon as I reduce the size further, it moves the sidebar to the bottom of the page, below the large horizontal ad)

Do you have scripts disabled, by chance? Or are you perhaps using an older version of the Internet Explorer?

Last edited:

Mihari

Katbox Mascot
Administrator
Apr 24, 2011
Here or There
www.katbox.net

What version of IE?

NekoSabrina

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 29, 2012
I use IE8 (slightly outdated, I know, but my comp runs XP and I don't know if newer versions even work with that).

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
For some reason all the pictures I've seen in the character battles and comic discussion threads are huge. I don't know if this is an error or not, but if it is this thread is close to the problem and I didn't want to burden anyone with another thread for a similar topic.

NekoSabrina

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 29, 2012
Well, I took a look and the images don't seem ridiculously huge. They seem to be the full-size images, appearing as they would on their respective sites (or at least, that's my guess) instead of the forum re-sizing them in some way or another like it did before.

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
For some reason all the pictures I've seen in the character battles and comic discussion threads are huge.
Those are their actual sizes.
They seem to be the full-size images, appearing as they would on their respective sites (or at least, that's my guess) instead of the forum re-sizing them in some way or another like it did before.
Correct. Seems like the forum software no longer has the zoom/resize script running. Not sure if this is intended or something that will be re-added later, tho.