Five Nights at Freddy's

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
If you've been on Tumblr, this game has been making the rounds on a lot of posts.

This is a horror based point and click game where you play as a security guard at a family fun center. Sounds like fun, right? WRONG! Your shift is 12 am to 6 am, and the robots (yes, the animatronic animals are robots) can get... unruly at night. They move around on their own, and they tend to try to jam anyone who is around at night into the suits meant for the robots. This is of course 99% lethal to humans, leaving just eyes and teeth.

The object is to survive 5 nights (6 if you count the bonus night at the end). All you got to defend yourself is the security cameras, the lights, and the security doors. But management only gives you a limited amount of power to use per night, and if you use it all up, you have nothing left to defend yourself.

Check out the gameplay here, but it's not for the faint of heart.

If you still want to play, you can find the game here. Good luck sleeping tonight.

HonorBoundBrony

Equestrian Knight In-Training
Sep 18, 2012
And... I may never sleep again. Thanks man...

As a kid, I've always found animatronics pretty creepy, and that hasn't changed much now that I'm 22... this damn game has not helped with that in the slightest...

Last edited:

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
So this might sound dumb and it probably is to anyone who has touched the game:

What's stopping you from just sealing yourself in the security room all night(s)?

LannAF

Biggest idiot ever
Aug 23, 2013
Sin city
Personal Text
Not done yet!
So this might sound dumb and it probably is to anyone who has touched the game:

What's stopping you from just sealing yourself in the security room all night(s)?
The security doors require power in order to remain closed. If you run out of power, you're basically dead.

If you want a realistic explanation for why it costs power, it might be because they don't want someone to be locked in if a fire starts or something like that.

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
The security doors require power in order to remain closed. If you run out of power, you're basically dead.

If you want a realistic explanation for why it costs power, it might be because they don't want someone to be locked in if a fire starts or something like that.
Well, This is one of those games that falls apart if you bring logic into it, it seems like it would have been just as easy to not be cheap asses and let the poor bastard in the office have all the current he needs, Or you know install normal doors with deadbolts ...

Well, This is one of those games that falls apart if you bring logic into it, it seems like it would have been just as easy to not be cheap asses and let the poor bastard in the office have all the current he needs, Or you know install normal doors with deadbolts ...
According to the game's description, the company thinks it's cheaper to hire a security guard rather than FIX the damn robots so they don't kill people.

And what do you get for five nights of terror? $120. That's it. And you get a $0.50 raise for the sixth night.

Last edited:

Kuurion

IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts
The Katbox
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
According to the game's description, the company thinks it's cheaper to hire a security guard rather than FIX the damn robots so they don't kill people.

And what do you get for five nights of terror? $120. That's it. And you get a $0.50 raise for the sixth night.
And fired for tampering with them to make them safer (or harder, if you're crazy) on the bonus 7th custom night. :pointsPete:

I watched a couple lets players take this game on and it was FUCKING TERRIFYING for the first 5 or so rounds. After that, you do get a little bit immune to it ... until you find Golden Freddy, anyways... :amazePete:

Q

Katbox Forum Member
Nov 25, 2008
NJ
I bought it, downloaded it, installed it, played it for a few minutes...

then it was like 4AM and I realized I had less than 5% power. I panicked and quit the game, and I haven't started it up since. That was three hours ago. Now I'm having trouble falling asleep :amazeRandal:

Kuurion

IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts
The Katbox
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
from the YT game vids the scariest(which isnt really a scarey thing more like a creepy thing for me) is when they're right next to you and they start playing the little jingle and their eyes flashing at the same time.
That only happens when you lose all your power. Don't run outta power and you'll be safe from that particular horror. :dropArt:

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
The Katbox
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"

I've been in buildings (mostly dorms) that have electromagnets on the doors that hold them open. They swing shut when the power goes off. I've never completely understood why, but I think the signs on the doors said they had to be closed during fires, so it was probably connected to that.

I'm sure there's good logic underpinning that, but to me it makes as much sense as the scenario here.

LannAF

Biggest idiot ever
Aug 23, 2013
Sin city
Personal Text
Not done yet!
I was linked that picture yesterday by Avencri Fluff and Pocket.

.______________________________.

There was also a YCH that they linked....With Foxy...........

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
I'm not really a person that gets scared off my chair by things like these, but they make me VERY uncomfortable. Just watching 2 YT videos of it (AllShamNoWow (who actually made it less scary considering he gets a laugh out of any game that tries to scare him) and GameGrumps) was enough to say: "no thanks, not gonna touch that one"

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
When I first saw the title of this, I thought it was gonna be some kind of event for Knott's Scary Farm. Boy was I wrong! :laughCocoa:

Just watching this game is freaking terrifying (just saw some steam train play troughs, good LORD). I gotta give it a try one day.

Oh, and I found this on google image search and found it incredibly accurate:

c7f.png

Kaijumorpher

The Blazing Combo
Aug 22, 2012
In the depths of my imagination.
seiryuyamato.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Hope I won't be a bother. Eheh.
I don't really fancy playing this game, just watching the videos of Markiplier was enough for me... :dropOmega:

But I have a feeling I eventually will anyway so... I'll probably go all the way and see how long my sanity can last... by that I mean play it alone, on a big-screen TV, at night, all lights off.

....I can be pretty hard core when I want to be... provided I actually have the stupidity to do this. Lol.