False Start False Start Issue 3, Page 17 - 22

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Oct 31, 2012

Gave it twenty four hours, and no one posted a thread for me to comment in, so I gave it a shot and tried formatting one correctly. Cross fingers that it was done right.

But yes, this was the new age we were graced with... a year ago? Plus or minus a month or two. I will admit, some of there pages where a bit questionable to start going 75% ink with. It gives things a darker feel that was almost entirely too appropriate given the change of direction the comic was going.

Which has actually been one of my running theories about False Start... the reason behind it's name. The narrative just keeps on changing what type of comic it's going to be issue to issue. First it was spice of life. Then it was gay romance. Now scifi thriller. And no spoiler on what comes next, but just when you think it's found it's rhythm it will change directions so sharply you'll throw out your back if you're following too closely.

In any event... dead giant squid count, six.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I was going to say IN BED after that explosive bit, but I’m vaguely certain Mr. Boss man would not be amused with it. XD

No but seriously, while I was reading page one here, I was kind imagining him saying it like that one CIA boss from American Dad. In a way, it kind of reminded me of those infomercials at the end in which they say all that legal stuff pretty fast.

I’m not going to lie, but that is some pretty sweet armor that Simon is wearing. I’m just curious to see how it works out and to see if there’s any type of side effects to wearing such armor.

HA! I actually did say that in an annoying voice for purposes of being sarcastic. And if I didn’t know any better, I can’t decide if Meier intentionally made that dummy to poke fun at his human watcher or to send him a very clear message not to mess with him.

Man! That last panel on Page 20 is perhaps one of my favorite action scenes thus far. In fact, if I didn’t’ know any better, I believe those white speed lines are a combination of both bullets being shot at him and actual speed lines to show forward movement.

I’m…also beginning to suspect that Meier isn’t a fan of humans with that one snub there. Then again, he probably doesn’t care as he’s freaking loaded just like *removed political joke.* But man! I will say that suit is pretty awesome given all that it has done thus far!

HA! I enjoy that egotism and stance in Panel Two on Page 22. Actually…that gives me an idea!
[doublepost=1470364082,1470363706][/doublepost] Alter-One.jpg Alter-Two.jpg

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
Interesting how much a change of media changes the look, though underneath the drawing style hasn't really changed.
Also, 'I'm dating that?' might be one of the funniest lines so far. Mind you, some might find Simon's performance rather Sexy.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
So are these things just calibrated to just not aim for his exposed face/head?
I was thinking that myself. I mean, he does have a rather nice face. That's how he makes his money after all. I imagine his insurance on it must be so high.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
So are these things just calibrated to just not aim for his exposed face/head?
Tyler (whom you'll meet later) is *supposed* to calibrate the guns that way.

Also hey, here's a sneak peek of "The Tenant Family" comic I'm working on with Talenshi/Karen Swartz:

And yes: that IS young agent Fairbrooks and a never before seen, but mentioned in the next issue, character. For the comic I'm doing writing, layouts, and lettering, while Karen handles tight pencils, inks, and colors. Check out her stuff because she's waaaaay better than me! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/talenshi