Artificial Incident Fallen Star – #14

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
That's a real problem that never really got addressed in all the other "trapped-in-a-game" manga's and LN's I've read. What happens to the lone gamers, the hikikomori's, that don't have friends or family that would check up on them?

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
That's a real problem that never really got addressed in all the other "trapped-in-a-game" manga's and LN's I've read. What happens to the lone gamers, the hikikomori's, that don't have friends or family that would check up on them?
It's a grim subject but being real, unless being trapped like this puts their body's into some sort of suspended animation then I imagine most of them die within the first couple days. Gotta stay hydrated, and eat on occasion. Even if their bodies are in some kind of suspended animation I wouldn't give them much more than a week tops because these are regular folks playing games at home using some kind of VR headset IIRC. They're not in stasis pods that will maintain their bodies while they play. Their best hope is that, and this is a stretch, is that their bodies are moving about in real life while they play. When they take a swig from a bottle in game: their real bodies fixed a glass of water and drank that or maybe fixed a drink similar to what's they had in game. Taking care of business out in some bushes: actually sitting on the toilet because otherwise when/if they wake up...... they're going to be pretty grossed out!

Edit: Actually after a moment thinking about that I had a thought. If they are moving about in real life while they play that does present an opportunity for them to be noticed and receive help IF they happen to wander outside. I wonder what the emergency services term for them would be, Trapped Walker maybe? I could imagine police and EMTs carefully guiding one TW into the back of a specialized ambulance, one that has a treadmill and support straps set up in it.

Last edited:

Naldru

Nov 30, 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The first item is that she didn't mention what year she was trapped in the game, just the month and day. So he might have to add a few years (or decades) to his calculation.

Another possibility is that what happens in these games is that the computer is actually running a simulation of the player, with the simulation thinking that it is really the player. Think Dr. Moriarity on the holodeck of the Enterprise (next generation) or a number of other holodeck episodes.

If you read Girl Genius, there was woman who was badly damaged in a lab accident. A robot body was built and connected via a bunch of wires and tubes. As time went on, the robot became a copy of the person who didn't even notice when her original body died. http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060908