Ducktales Reboot Trailer is out

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

GearGades

Katbox Forum Member
Disney has finally release the trailer for their reboot of Ducktales. Compare to CN's TTGo and PPG, I'm genuinely okay with this.

More personality given to the triplets and Webby (specially Webby). Oh, and Scrooge McDuck is voice by David Tennant (the 10th Doctor). So yeah, Uncle Scrooge is a Timelord now.

Last edited:
I'm starting to get excited for this one. Disney's been treating their animated series well, so let's hope that trend continues. Although, biggest concern out of the gate is what they'll do with Launchpad, given his... *ahem* reputation in the original show. Also, kinda split on Webby right now. Other than that, color me intrigued.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
I...was not thrilled when I saw the art style and was really expecting something in the vein of the new PPG and TTGo. I was pleasantly surprised that that does not seem to be the case. I'm still not sold on the art, but I'm optimistic for this show now.

GearGades

Katbox Forum Member
I...was not thrilled when I saw the art style and was really expecting something in the vein of the new PPG and TTGo. I was pleasantly surprised that that does not seem to be the case. I'm still not sold on the art, but I'm optimistic for this show now.
Seems they want to keep the art style in continuity to the current Mickey Mouse Shorts of DXD.... So may be, hopefully, Mickey and Goofy make cameo at some point.

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
I don't have nostalgia for Ducktales because it didn't run on TV when I was a child, but here's my opinion on the reboot:
It looks fun and I want to watch it.

Disney has posted character Clips on their YouTube Channel

Classic Launchpad :D
[doublepost=1497709368,1497632761][/doublepost]Update, from Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuckTales_(2017_TV_series) and ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/trailers/858747-ducktales-opening the full character roster. Among the list Prof. Ludwig Von Drake, Gladstone Gander (Donald's rival for the hand of Daisy) Duckworth (Scrooge's Buttler) and villain Magica de Spell are on board

And ladies and Gentlemen ... we got'im - Gizmoduck. Lin-Manuel Miranda, star of the play Hamilton voiced Gyro's assistant Fenton and Duckburg's hero - interestingly, Gyro's Little Helper (the tiny robot with a light bulb for a head) is one of the Bad Guys - Stop Intro video a 00:04 to seem him running under the Big Beagle Boy.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
So...guess what? Disney actually put the first episode online.

And it's actually pretty good. The characters are memorable, distinct, and enjoyable, the pacing feels good, the humor and writing works, the animation is crisp and modern, and despite my initial reaction above, the artstyle ended up being quite charming. Or to put it in a few words:

They did their work, and it shows.