Discussion Draconia Chronicles

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

RazorFox

Creator/Writer/Artist of "The Draconia Chronicles"
The Katbox
Dec 28, 2010
Norfolk, VA
draconia.katbox.net
Howdy!

First of all, thanks for being my first forum post! ^__^

To answer your questions:

1) The overarching storyline of the comic is that Dragons and Tigers hate each other, and have been waging a centuries-long war to exterminate each other. There's no one still around who remembers why the war started, but they continue it since that's the way it's always been.

More specifically, the current events in the story, as you'll see once we launch Chapter 3 on 1/3/11, take place in the aftermath of a volcanic eruption. The Dragons' imperial city has been decimated, and the Tigers are trying to keep a key part of their population from dying.

2) The idea behind the comic is as such: "The Draconia Chronicles" began as a set of pin-up calendars in 1999 for the Year of the Dragon in 2000. It proved so popular that I felt that the Dragons needed opponents, and according to the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon's natural enemy is the Tiger. That's pretty much led to where things are today.

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
time to flow through your comic and eventually be sad when we reach the updates.

Sep 21, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Howdy!

First of all, thanks for being my first forum post! ^__^

To answer your questions:

1) The overarching storyline of the comic is that Dragons and Tigers hate each other, and have been waging a centuries-long war to exterminate each other. There's no one still around who remembers why the war started, but they continue it since that's the way it's always been.

More specifically, the current events in the story, as you'll see once we launch Chapter 3 on 1/3/11, take place in the aftermath of a volcanic eruption. The Dragons' imperial city has been decimated, and the Tigers are trying to keep a key part of their population from dying.

2) The idea behind the comic is as such: "The Draconia Chronicles" began as a set of pin-up calendars in 1999 for the Year of the Dragon in 2000. It proved so popular that I felt that the Dragons needed opponents, and according to the Chinese Zodiac, the Dragon's natural enemy is the Tiger. That's pretty much led to where things are today.
You're welcome. That sounds intense. Now I look even more to reading it. The ironic thing is I was born in the year of the dragon.

RazorFox

Creator/Writer/Artist of "The Draconia Chronicles"
The Katbox
Dec 28, 2010
Norfolk, VA
draconia.katbox.net
@Fire Dragoon: Year of the Dragon? That means you're either 10, 22, 34, 46... etc. Am I close? ^__^

@Tenjen: I know that feeling of racing through the archives and then having to wait. If it's any consolation, the comic's been running for six years now, and in that time, we have not missed one single scheduled update. We've been weekly since March 2008, and we've had a new comic up every single Monday--no filler, no blanks, nada. So it may update weekly, but you can count on new content every single Monday. BANK ON IT~!

Sep 21, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
[quote author=Omega Wolf J link=topic=6890.msg167045#msg167045 date=1293587503]
*smiles* :gleeAmbar:
If I recall correctly, 22, and I, also a Dragon, will be 34 tomorrow.
[/quote]You recall correctly. I am 22. I didn't know you were a dragon too, Omega. :gleeId:

Omega Wolf J

The Mother Wolf
Apr 26, 2009
Bremerton, WA.
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Lady Ambar's Stalker
[quote author=Fire Dragoon link=topic=6890.msg167047#msg167047 date=1293587656]
You recall correctly. I am 22. I didn't know you were a dragon too, Omega. :gleeId:
[/quote]
*chuckles* :gleeAmbar:
Rawr hun. Hmm, so a Wolf-Dragon, that sounds interesting.

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
Hm, Omega and Dragoon, where did you find what (chinese zodiac) year you were born in? As I'm 18, I'm not a dragon grumble grumble...., but now I'm curious as to what year I am. xD Prolly something lame, like rat or monkey or something. xD

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
That's correct.
I have skills at guessing xD It WAS something lame like monkey! Though, it could've been worse. Monkey is right between "sheep" and "rooster". xD

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
I was born in 1979, so I'm either a ram or a sheep. It all depends on which company prints the placemats at that particular Chinese restaurant. ^__^
Hah xD *insert future emote of Elektra laughing here*

Hm, I wonder how long it'll take before someone makes emotes of your comic. I have no idea if you know it already or not, but as far as I know, many (if not all) of the emotes here are fanmade. (@ anyone who's been here longer than me; if what I said just now is wrong, feel free to slap some sense into me)

Omega Wolf J

The Mother Wolf
Apr 26, 2009
Bremerton, WA.
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Lady Ambar's Stalker
I was born in 1979, so I'm either a ram or a sheep. It all depends on which company prints the placemats at that particular Chinese restaurant. ^__^
*digs through her bookmarks* :confuzzledAmbar:
Ah, here it is. :gleeAmbar:
This site will let you enter your birthday and it will then tell you what sign you are, and you can look at the animal's page to see what element further modifies your sign.

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
[quote author=Omega Wolf J link=topic=6890.msg167066#msg167066 date=1293590973]
*digs through her bookmarks* :confuzzledAmbar:
Ah, here it is. :gleeAmbar:
This site will let you enter your birthday and it will then tell you what sign you are, and you can look at the animal's page to see what element further modifies your sign.
[/quote]

Oh my. A lot of those characteristics fits disturbingly well.
Of well, prolly just coincidence xD *doesn't believe in any kind of zodiacs*

Omega Wolf J

The Mother Wolf
Apr 26, 2009
Bremerton, WA.
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Lady Ambar's Stalker
[quote author=The Jack link=topic=6890.msg167069#msg167069 date=1293591463]
[/quote]
*shrugs* :pointsAmbar:
They are basically just thousand year old psychological profiles.

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
The Katbox
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
[quote author=The Jack link=topic=6890.msg167069#msg167069 date=1293591463]
[/quote]

Well, they are meant to be so vague as to make anyone say "hey that fits ME!"

The Jack

Nov 10, 2010
Norway
Well, they are meant to be so vague as to make anyone say "hey that fits ME!"
Yupp. The trick to being a successfull future teller, zodiac-interpreter, etc, is just to say something that is vague enough to fit everyone, yet sounds specific enough to fit only the listener. ^^

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
the chinese zodiac and birth star sign zodiac dont apply to me too much, though iam supposedly a typical pisces.

If anything the lynx animal totem matches me down to the point where its like a psychological profile about me, which the other zodiacs and totems dont do. My first love had a job where she got to practice her talent in social skills, she was highly linguistic and could understand/perceive and read people very easily across a broad spectrum of cultures and views. This made stuff like the zodiacs and other sign systems from different parts of the world, very interesting reading for her [not in a serious manner but in a hobby/interests manner. She's the one who ran into the lynx totem and got startled to how much it matched me.