Doctor Who

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
Ipswich Queensland Australia
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Don't judge unless you enjoy being judged.
Im still laughing at the people who claimed an older doctor would either be a potty mouth or a dour overly serious fellow. XD
I figure these people probably too one look at the Hartnel, Troughton and Pertwee Doctors and went "Eeewwwww" without really checking them out.

Jasae Bushae

Silly lovestruck nutter
Sep 24, 2013
Byako City
greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com
Personal Text
Plushies are fun~! ^.^
I figure these people probably too one look at the Hartnel, Troughton and Pertwee Doctors and went "Eeewwwww" without really checking them out.
There is a line from the new guy where he talks about how his new doctor will be 'edgy like tom bakers take' which i can't tell the seriousness of given the doctor in question

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
Ipswich Queensland Australia
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Don't judge unless you enjoy being judged.
Personally my favorite was eighth who I grew up on, though Baker was rather good. I just have trouble associating the term 'edgy' with his doctor.
The eight? Paul McGann? I haven't seen much of his Doctor outside of the movie they made introducing him. I understand he did a lot of audio stories n such.

Jasae Bushae

Silly lovestruck nutter
Sep 24, 2013
Byako City
greenartfrostmagefire.tumblr.com
Personal Text
Plushies are fun~! ^.^
Mcgann did wonderful work in the big finish productions (which have recently been cannonized in the transformation to war doctor special) He has technically had a longer tenure than any other doctor and has been featured in more stories than anyone else. (He played the role in over seventy radio plays alone.)

He is just in an odd place position wise because he isn't exactly a part of old who, and he isn't exactly a part of new who.

My favorite story with Mcgann though would have to be 'Blood of the Daleks' it is about a human who tries to better mankind, taking inspiration from something i wont spoil but is probably easy to guess.

NekoSabrina

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, post-regenerative trauma does tend to make the first appearance of a new Doctor a bit hard to gauge (the only Doctors to seemingly snap out of it fairly quickly were 2, 3, 4, 7, and given the circumstances War Doctor seemed clear-headed after regenerating). I mean, geez, the 5th Doctor was close to useless his first episode and the 6th tried to kill his companion after regenerating.
Talking to dinosaurs is definitely new on the list of weird things to happen to a Doctor after regenerating.....and I don't think he's ever been able to do that before, either. Not as funny as watching 11 going through weird cravings after he regenerated.....not to mention somehow almost falling out of the Tardis.