Deltarune by Toby Fox

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
"You accept everything that will happen from now on"? ...I'm scared.

Edit: Well...that was...something.

Last edited:

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
For clarity's sake, I had the same issue that Urien did. I hit the "run" instead of "download" button and my computer simply refused to work with it because it was so unfamiliar to it. Downloading and then installing allows you to actually run the program.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Don't know what to tell you, then. Though for a quick "why you should check it out if you can": It's a kinda-sequel to Undertale, or rather it seems to be the first chapter in that kinda-sequel.

Why do I say kinda-sequel? Well...pay attention to what you see and hear. Especially when you get the chance to talk to everyone near the end.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
That's a possible explanation. There's a good amount of speculation that something else is afoot, especially considering a few...oddities.

In the opening character creation, you're asked to name the character and creator. Use Undertale names and the narrator will usually make a comment about coincidence...unless you use the name Gaster. If you name the character Gaster, the game resets. If you name the creator Gaster, it closes entirely.

There's a bunker south of town with what turns out to be the same sound used for Gaster's Entry 17, albeit slowed down to 20% of its speed. Coincidentally, if you edit your map location to 17, you end up right at the bunker.

There's a bonus boss in the game who purportedly met a mysterious individual and became convinced that the world was nothing more than a game. Notably, when Seam is explaining this to you, he uses the phrase "Darker, yet darker", which has strong associations with Gaster.

As you might imagine, there's some speculation that Gaster might actually end up playing a role in later chapters, and consequentially that this alternate universe may be artificial in nature.

And just for a change of pace, there's the ending which has implications that cannot really be explained within the context of DeltaRune, and of course it ends telling you that this is only Chapter 1 of the story.

Mind you, it's entirely possible that this is just an "elseworld"-esque alternate universe, where everything is tweaked slightly, but there's enough material to fuel speculation that something funny is going on behind the scenes.