Comic Artists?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

xivk & Jok

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 10, 2015
xinikas Capitol
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Where am I?
So besides helping skidd&phuff with their comics, been trying to work on something of my own cept the one major problem.. I can't draw x.x. So! Was wondering if anyone would happen to know comic artists open that I could hire? Looking for a style that could focus well on emotion and for a sorta dark atmosphere for a
gothic renaissance world.

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
I know Top web comics had a "blind date" set-up a while ago, they may also have forums or the like for that sort of search. If not you could try suggesting the idea to artists you like in the community works forum (there's a few who would like to try at making comics I think) or artists that seem like a good match on other art sites. The hardest part would likely be finding someone who has a similar mindset or will be able to work well with writing that isn't theirs.

xivk & Jok

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 10, 2015
xinikas Capitol
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Where am I?
I know Top web comics had a "blind date" set-up a while ago, they may also have forums or the like for that sort of search. If not you could try suggesting the idea to artists you like in the community works forum (there's a few who would like to try at making comics I think) or artists that seem like a good match on other art sites. The hardest part would likely be finding someone who has a similar mindset or will be able to work well with writing that isn't theirs.
Shall head that way in a bit then, thanks

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
I seem to remember there was a discussion round these parts a little while back on this very subject. It's possible the Our World guys pitched in but my aged memory is not what it was.
The main upshot was that the writer may be the 'creator', but it's the Artist that puts in the hours, so you need Major buy-in if you want them to partner with you, especially as most good artists already have their own (or jointly-owned) projects on the go.
Of course, if you're paying them then you can probably ask for what you want, within reason, but then you're commissioning whole pages and that sounds pricy to me!
Having said all that of course, your mileage may vary and you won't know until you ask. You just might need to ask a lot of people...

Mind you, if you don't mind it looking like xkcd then you can probably get it pretty cheap (but your writing better be damn good!)

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Well off the top of my head, I know that a deviantartist who goes by Edowaado has been looking to break into comics. Dunno how he'd do for what you have in mind, though. The two best examples of his work that I know of are probably his short I Care comic and his considerably longer Doctor Whooves MLP fancomic.

xivk & Jok

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 10, 2015
xinikas Capitol
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Where am I?
Well off the top of my head, I know that a deviantartist who goes by Edowaado has been looking to break into comics. Dunno how he'd do for what you have in mind, though. The two best examples of his work that I know of are probably his short I Care comic and his considerably longer Doctor Whooves MLP fancomic.
I dont think his style would work with what I have in mind, but very intriguing comic hes got there.