Comic Comic #429: Interview Part Two

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Well, at least Mora didn't outright say "No." From the sound of it, Sunny is going to have to work her way up from the bottom. I imagine that she'll be partnered with Sarah in the apple fields as they seem to be hitting git off pretty well. Also, I have to say that I'm impressed with Mora's demeanor throughout this entire interview. She's really picking up on Alej's lessons.

I'm just curious about how Sunny heard about Mora in the first place. Is this the result of the Fall Festival?

Also, I don't know if it's just me, but if you had the hat and changer the color of her shirt to black, Mora would look like a pilgrim praying.

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
I love Chalo's choice to change Mora's dress for this one. She looks like she's fulfilling Minos' role and by doing so looks a lot like Alej or Diana. Like she's finally become the real inheritor of LL and Sunny is now Mora at the start of the comic. I love it.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
I second what Curran and SK had to say about Mora's looks. It's not something I expected her to wear considering her personality and way of going about things, but she sports it well and upholds the legacy of Las Lindas wonderfully. Heck, it's clearly getting a positive reaction out of Sunny.

I actually sympathize with Sunny now that things have played out a bit. When I graduated awhile back, I learned the hard way that I should've gotten an unpaid internship when I had a chance. However, I give Sunny some serious brownie points for giving her all and being (mildly) confident despite her lack of experience.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Same boat here, WT. Mora's criticism is of course valid, but having been pretty much in Sunny's exact situation it's very easy to empathize with her position.

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
I'm thinking mora will give sunny a chance. Maybe not overall manager, perhaps foreman of a crew. That said, weird her parents are fisherman. I would have thought they were also farmers from her previous vagueness. Ah well another excuse to retread the archives.

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
"IF I'd seen you before today,..." This right here leads me to believe that Mora WILL give Sunny a shot at the job. With, I'm thinking, some limitations and perhaps some difficult goals to be met before she might be hired full-on permanently as Manager. I think Mora will be sort of combining lessons learned from Alej along with her own 'gut' feelings, and doing so will surprise a few... and I think will lead to some nice character improvement in herself.

That's my hope, anyway. I like Sunny, I think she can do the job well. She'll make her share of mistakes, but I think she'll do a lot RIGHT, as well.

Robo

Official # 1 fan of STEALTH TOWEL SNAP
Aug 26, 2009
Walking in the rain
Personal Text
Winter is Coming
Actually, I kind of hate Mora's outfit. It ages her. And can we PLEASE get rid of that headband already? :XDMora:

But joking aside I'm pretty sure Mora will let Sunny stay, though probably through grunt work or something. Which is how it should be. Sunny is young and inexperienced and would be in way over her head if Mora let her be the manager. Sunny needs time to learn the farm and work her way up

May 31, 2013
When Mora was just starting to rebuild her farm, she was VERY desperate to find anyone who would help. She used some rather extreme methods for get help from people who were completely unqualified for even field work. Sunny seems more qualified than any of the original group. I wonder exactly how far Mora would have gone to convince Sunny to join on back then?

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
Not a fan of Mora's getup, but that is just personal preference and an unfounded hatred for clothing that has this certain "last century" look, or comes with lots of buttons or obnoxiously large buttons... *cringes* Reason why you generally don't see me drawing them, either.

As for the comic itself...hmmmm, I wonder what position Mora is planning on putting her in. I rather doubt she becomes manager right off the bat myself.

R!0ck

Katbox Forum Member
Jul 17, 2008
Mexico
www.furaffinity.net
Could suck that Sunny doesn't get the Job.

Como on!!!! give her a break Mora =3, we all know that you have a heart (and her Heart grow three sizes the day she put Sunny as Managment)

BTW Mora kind of scares me on the last panel <8(

Kranesh

The Dragon Planeswalker
Jan 3, 2011
The Multiverse
Personal Text
Let's have a walk among the planes...
I think this is the first time I'm seeing Mora in such a formal dress... it really looks great on her and seriously, she needs to start acting like that more often if she wants to get things together in the farm, besides I wouldn't say no to Sunny if I was there in Mora's place, some lack of experience is not really important if someone is eager to work and committed to do their best not only for the sake of their careers but also for the sake of the place they're working for, Sunny will be a great addition to the farm and a friend of almost the same age that Sarah needs badly.

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Looks like Mora is channeling her inner Alej... I'm diggin' it! :XDMora:

"Cuz' it's Las Freakin' Lindas! You're a woman who punches adversity in the FACE!"
Lol! Sun may have zero management experience, but the girl knows how to rock an interview.:XDSunny:

Falc

not my words
Gallery Volunteer
Jun 5, 2013
The City
sigh... I'm so late to this...

Anyway, this reminds me of my first interview. Except that I got the dishonesty treatment and they sent me home full of hopes and dreams because they said they'd call back. Spoiler: they didn't.

Anyway, this is the second time recently we've seen Mora sit down and be super professional and it's really nice to see that she can do it. Her apparel seems like it is something of her mother's that she had kept. I do agree that it gives off a Diana/Alej hybrid feel and look.

So now to my speculation bit... Sunny stepped up and took charge to help get things under control after Geecku showed up. She made the effort to start trying to help after she had already screwed up after her elation at "landing" the job. I think it's a combination of this and Sunny's straightforward eagerness appealing to Mora (at least I hope that's the case) that will perhaps convince Mora to give Sunny a trial run as manager.

I can't get enough of Sunny's eyes. They're so damn pretty.