Comic Comic 1280

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
Wait, they know about that? I thought that Cain would have just pinned it on Axel.

Not that Kate isn't a trustworthy person, but they seem to be awfully forthcoming with the information with someone they hardly know.

Last edited:

Sage

The Katbox
Jan 14, 2008
Watchtower
yosh.katbox.net
Personal Text
Please, I go through everyones trash. - The Question
Wait, they know about that? I thought that Cain would have just pinned it on Axel.

Not that Kate isn't a trustworthy person, but they seem to be awfully forthcoming with the information with someone they hardly know.
They DONT know that Axel was even there. they do know that Cain murdered him. Emi want's to earn peoples trust so she's trying to be honest and not be manipulative.

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
Kate seems a little suspicious around the new Magi of Fire.

Though I suppose that's only natural considering her last meeting with the last Fire.

It also seems now that Power's magic was repressed that one time with Phil, she's much more sociable then when the last time she was here. Though the training that made her that way is a bit confusing. If the training is to make them be controlled on the instinctive level by their own powers, how is that any different then what the actual fire tried to do with Serena?

Is it a matter of trying to gain the level of control that Serena now has or after centuries of abuse the sources of their powers are now trying to rebel against their abusers? Edit: Of course for each magi, come a source with its own personality and training. It might be pointless for me to over focus on that.

Last edited:

Sage

The Katbox
Jan 14, 2008
Watchtower
yosh.katbox.net
Personal Text
Kate seems a little suspicious around the new Magi of Fire.

Though I suppose that's only natural considering her last meeting with the last Fire.

It also seems now that Power's magic was repressed that one time with Phil, she's much more sociable then when the last time she was here. Though the training that made her that way is a bit confusing. If the training is to make them be controlled on the instinctive level by their own powers, how is that any different then what the actual fire tried to do with Serena?

Is it a matter of trying to gain the level of control that Serena now has or after centuries of abuse the sources of their powers are now trying to rebel against their abusers? Edit: Of course for each magi, come a source with its own personality and training. It might be pointless for me to over focus on that.
Serena's magic was sick of being used for terrible purposes. It tried to find an heir that had no training so that it could be in control for once and had that freedom to choose because of how it was released. The "reset" that Emi experienced let her repress her magic herself. She tried her best not to use it at all afraid that it would push her again. Each element has many different methods for controlling it. As explained, the training the families use for Power is a subconscious goal and allowing the magic to pretty much control the user. The subconscious basically infects the power and directs it. It's a bit of an underhanded manipulation. Training for the magi of fire practices emotional outbursts to control it. Brute force to bash and force the magic in the direction it's wanted. Which is why Fire is so hateful. It's pretty much been abused for centuries.

Emi tries to limit the use of her powers still, but she's been learning from Lia and now has a method to train like Serena.

Sage

The Katbox
Jan 14, 2008
Watchtower
yosh.katbox.net
Personal Text
Cain isn't exactly worried about people knowing he killed him. Also, as far as they are concerned, the disconnect could have been caused by something going wrong with the containment tank. It was after all absorbing his energy and converting it to power for the lab.

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
Cain isn't exactly worried about people knowing he killed him. Also, as far as they are concerned, the disconnect could have been caused by something going wrong with the containment tank. It was after all absorbing his energy and converting it to power for the lab.
Well guess truly no one really gave a shit about him then. Guess he was essentially a vegetable at that point... well like one of those potatoes you can plug a light-bulb into. Then with his magic severed he was pretty much useless.

Last edited: