Christmas Eve at the most southern end of Las Lindas Farm

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Zoie Falcona

Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress
May 29, 2008
Home
zoiefalcona.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Support ALS research
At the southern most field of the Las Lindas Farm, there is an old caretaker's house that looks like a modified barn made into a two story house or inn that has been rebuilt over the entire year. The beginnings of winter rye n wheat as well as soybeans growing on various plots about the land.

The outside is decorated in evergreen wrappings around the deck, pillars, and stairway rails with simple white lights within it. A trio of individuals stand outside. One being a weasel dressed in jeans, a white shirt with vest, and a bandana. The second being a floppy eared canine with blonde hair in a braid, bluish eyes and jeans and a leather jacket. The third is on a motorcycle with full leather chaps, a riding jacket and a helmet on his head with horn extensions.

Canine: Kylie... I wanted to thank you for all your hard work this year! between Minos, the felines, Geeku, the tiger twins, you, and so many others, Las Lindas had an even better year than before! Some of the ideas we had in our meeting I'll pass on to the boss ladies. I'm sure they'll appreciate the fact you made a REALLY inexpensive sunhouse for growing some plants n harvesting their seeds so we don't have to buy much for the spring, let alone giving us extra stuff to sell at the farmer's market in the valley for extra income for new equipment n supplies!

Wren: It's no problem, Sunny! Just doing what I can to help. It's really nice that they let me use this old barn to stay in... all I did was use what I had to make it a home!

Sunny: A home?! Hell, this looks like one of them old Inns in the French or Italian Alps! You couldn't tell the difference... then again after the storm we had in the fall, we had all that lumber from the woods and the fields n ya put it to use instead of us having to pay to haul it off, that's really smart, Kylie!

Wren: It's no problem. My... well, the woman who raised me taught me not to waste anything if you can help it. Though speaking of which.. it would be a shame to waste some of the.... *coughs* first fruits of another business I asked you to talk to our bosses about.

Sunny blushes a bit and looks away before responding,"You mean that brew that made my tail curl even more by just a sip!? Granted it was damn fruity good beer but whew!!"

Wren responds,"Well, I warned you that it just came from the still and needed time to mellow in the barrel! So.... what did they say about it?!"

Sunny smiles,"Mora wanted to how and where I got it from and would've drained it by herself without Alejandra there. Speaking of Alej, she just went wide eyed and asked how much money I spent on it and when I told her that it was made here.. she couldn't believe it and went on talking about some "Dragon God Killer Ale" and some barrels made by the general of the emperor's army of Riyadh being worth nearly millions!"

Wren smiles and shakes her head,"Just... a recipie passed down sweetie that's just as old I'd wager" as the weasel turns her head a bit, lowering as she recollects her life some before Sunny puts her hand on the weasel's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it, Kylie. Alej would like to talk to you after the new year about expanding the line here. Between your half dozen beers we tried, the apple and plum wines, as well as the really lip smacking mead you got made from the bee hives you set up between your and Minos' plots, you already got the boss ladies thrilled that we got crops and honey that are prized by those fancy groceries wanting their non-GMO and organic stuff! We can really upcharge them and get this place hummin'!" as the pup barks cheerfully,"I really can't wait to see what we can do this winter and spring!"

"You got yourself a deal, Sunny. I'm really glad you brought me on here even without checking my past," as Wren smiles.

"Kylie, I keep telling you don't worry about it. My dad always told me that if they're willing to work hard from the get go and do themselves n the farm right, the past doesn't mean a thing! Just keep working hard and keep on speaking up in our meetings so we can keep going.. speaking of which, I gotta get going! My beau and I are going to my folks' house this Christmas and we have a long trip!" and Sunny gives Wren a long hug,"See you in the new year and Merry Christmas."

"Joyeaux Noel, Sunny. Et Bonne Annee" as the weasel hugs back.

As Sunny joins her boyfriend on the motorcycle, they both wave and head off. Wren turns back to the renovated home and lightly stamps her foot onto the ground,"Okay Glacier... Anastasia... they're gone. Time to open up the Sunrise Inn for just one night....

As Wren enters the barn doors, the whole place is decorated like an inn from the past. Many round tables cover the majority of the floor with one side being the bar with a modern kitchen behind that. The far back wall is a stage with a large pine decorated in papermade flowers, tinsel, and simple candles. The stairway leading up to what used to be the loft is now made into rooms. The stairway and rails n banisters are covered in strings of evergreens and holly. A strand of mistletoe hangs from the middle of the beam leading to the middle of the hall.

Wren closes her eyes and sees herself walking down the stairs one Christmas eve as a gentleman yelled into her ear a Joyeaux Noel before she shoved the offender from the ladder and into the tables... and a very forceful and large Snow Leopardess in the finest Christmas dress ordered her to apologize... and the weasel refused as she was still waking up. The leopardess gripped the weasel and ordered her to apologize even firmer with the weasel responding with a rather frank and coarse refusal.. with of which made the normally cheerful and calm woman throw her violently into the kitchen and order the rotund antelope to make sure she washes dishes until she either begs to apologize or she drops! Wren quickly regains her senses as she thought she heard something and whispers, "My first Noel... why did I remember that just now.... " as she then shrugs,"She wouldn't want me dwellin on my ignorance then... but what I learned n share what she taught me! Damn I never learned so much from anyone in my life on how to live.... but time to get this party started! "

Wren goes to an old stereo and puts in a CD of Christmas music that varies from a French string quarted to a Bavarian volkslieder

Wren then checks the bar where there are various Christmas goodies and food from ham and turkey, deviled eggs, cranberry sauce, cranberries, to treats like Buche de Noel, Dark Chocolate Cake, Almond Macaroons, Winternacht Lebkuchen, and some mulled wine and Feuerzangenbowle
[doublepost=1514171495,1514168428][/doublepost]As various farmhands come through the hall, they are greeted warmly and openly as her former guildmistress before her. She chats openly and happily with each and every one as they are ushered into the warmth and fire of the hearth. They gather their respective food and drink and huddle by the circles of coworkers they known through the year.

Wren reflills what supplies she needs through the evening and prepares the next set of mulled wine and Feurzangenbowle, lighting the latter's rum soaked sugarloaf for everyone conveying a tale of it's meaning of how these times brought everyone together from the cold from the ages of adventuring to warmth, friendly cheers, and tall tales of unbelievable proportions.

MoonlitCaitlyn

Freelance Writer
The Katbox
As I walk by the Las Lindas farm, just a passerby, I notice a ruckus coming the southern field, as well as the scents of something yummy. My belly rumbles and I can't help but get curious. I wander in, clearly trespassing, but caring not, for I am hungry. As I draw close to what appears to be a modified barn, I look in through one of the windows to see the celebrations, people, festivities, and food...so much food... I drool slightly and pant, pressing my face against the glass and wagging my tail heavily

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren notices the onlooker through the window and smiles. The weasel excuses herself from her guest and heads outside. She calls out to the female and motions towards @MoonlitCaitlyn . "Don't be a stranger, miss! Everyone is welcome here at the Sunrise Inn! Come in and partake of our lil Winternacht feast!" in her most cheerful smile and voice. "We have plenty of great food, an even greater hearth to warm yourself by, and some of the greatest people you'll ever meet here!"

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren smiles as she walks up to the obviously hungry woman and says welcomely,"Then warm yourself woman! I'm Kylie, by the way. I hope you enjoy everything. There's still plenty of space to relax and warm yourself!" as the tune changes up from a French traditional string quartet to a german volkslieder band that most people would call oompah!

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren smiles broadly,"It's nice to meed you, Caitlyn," as she smiles broadly and misses a hug as the Cait dives into her food and the weasel can only laugh with joy seeing her enjoy the food
[doublepost=1514174791,1514173587][/doublepost]Wren goes back to talking with various other guests, checking on their needs with a high amount of mirth in her voice, carrying herself more elegantly than her state of dress seems. An ash-white feline with grey cloud markings and long silver hair and dressed in very loose clothing as if he can be swept up with the wind at any moment can't help but smile at Caitlyn and mentions something to Wren instantly elbows the cat in the stomach with him laughing at her.

A much larger, female equine that is almost as pale as a wintery death, yet dressed in the matter of a noblewoman from a fantasy movie smacks the feline on top of his head with a broom handle, chastizing him. Scars around both of her wrists are briefly seen as she deftly draws the broom back; however, while the crowd seemingly doesn't even notice the two are even there at all.

Dec 24, 2017
North was walking down a road trying to clear his mind after an awkward Christmas with some family and notices out of the corner of his eye that some lights were coming from a farm, one he hadn't remember seeing with much commotion since he was a kid living out here with his grandparents down the road. He wondered if the farm had come under new ownership and decided to pay his somewhat distance neighbors a little Christmas visit.

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren notices one of the farmhands getting a little too drunk for their own good as she confronts them and they nod to her, agreeing on a taxi home. Wren gets one of the guests to call a taxi as she guides the person to the door as the taxi pulls up. She sends them on their way as she wishes them well. The weasel notices North coming towards the barn and waves, speaking warmly and fully,"Welcome to the Sunrise Inn, come on in and enjoy some nice Winternacht treats!"

Dec 24, 2017
The cyan colored fox waves back. "My, I haven't seen this place since I was a little kit, what's been happening all these years?" He asks, stopping a couple paces away from the weasel.

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren smiles kindly to North and bows,"Well, the past couple of years, Miss Mora Linda has restarted her mother's farm and last year we won the Harvest Award, they still haven't told us what happened this Harvest Festival! Nevertheless, we're just a bunch of farmhands enjoying a night before going back to work and our families tonight but we don't mind more of the locals coming about to see what we're about!

Dec 24, 2017
A jumping spider skitters across the snow, unlike most arachnids he was purple with black markings, and two bulbous eyes at the front that gave him a rather cute appearance. He was making his way over to the building, the cold air stiffening his joints as he desperately made his way to the crack under the door, towards the light and the warmth. He could hear chatter and music, as he squeezed under the door he could make out the feet of all the residents... he would have to be careful not to be stepped on.

Dec 24, 2017
The spider stopped, he could feel a set, or maybe more, of eyes looking down at him. he looked up, certainly worried.
"um... hello," said the spider in a voice similar to Yakko Warner, "I'm Anansi. can... can I come in? Its so cold outside. I dont want to cause any trouble...."

It was then he was tackled by a cat, and he was suddenly surrounded in grey fur"

Dec 24, 2017
"North." The fox says, following Kylie. "Nice to meet you." He then freezes as he sees the spider and his fur stiffens along with his stomach going a little queasy.

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren smiles to North,"Then come in, North. The food and drink is at the bar, the hearth would be behind you from there and there are other guests so make yourself at home!" as she guides North in and away from the spider

Dec 24, 2017
"Ok then..." North says and waves slightly to Caitlyn as he makes his way to the bar and sits down, thankful to be out of the winter's chill.

Dec 24, 2017
The spider shook himself off, hanging around the walls and watching from afar, thankful to be out of the cold. He could see so many people, some he recognized, and others who were new to him. Being a spider, he couldnt exactly socialize. but he was happy just to see everyone having a good time.