1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Chapter 7: Page 408

Discussion in 'Razorfox's Works' started by Chaos Sepher, May 8, 2017.

1. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

[​IMG]

.... IS SHE SERIOUS?! *chalks down negative mark to Dragon society* >:(

I... I just can't even begin to express the number of ways this kind of backwards societal racism cheeses me off. And light dragons are the ones with healing powers right?! Why in their goddesses name wouldn't they show the kind of same care and power to anyone else? Just... I CAN'T EVEN... >_<

2. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Racism much?...

3. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

Well, ignoring the obvious "racism" explanation, there is the pragmatic concern that dragons have very distinct racial idiosyncrasies. This both limits what the doctors themselves can do (A fire dragon can naturally cauterize a wound. A water dragon can't without external aid), and potentially what is concerning to or effective on the patient. As a case in point, the heat during the lava incident was noticeably more taxing on the earth dragons than the fire dragons. Consequentially, it stands to reason that - barring a shortage of doctors - racial specialization would have better results in the medical workforce than trying to make everyone generalists.

That being said "would you want a fire dragon to treat you" is certainly racist and suggests that specialization is chosen based on the doctor's own race rather than practical need or interest.

4. Chaos Sepher

@Radagast Indeed, so is Fuegana being denied a magical light treatment that could help her condition because she happens to not be the right kind of dragon?

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  5. Sojourner

Sojourner of the Draconis Order

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Protecting the Multiverse, one Innocent at a time.
    It could be just a matter of a backward mindset. Perhaps they don't know how to treat elements outside their own, because the academy only teaches each element how to treat their own. Lucis may be hiding "I don't know how" behind "It's against the natural order of things" and other racial remarks.

6. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

You mean its a "Fire makes Fire stronger,but water weakens it." kind of thing?

7. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Well, I had no idea that there were actually race issues among the dragons. I just figured they all got along in peace and harmony like MLPs.

8. Chaos Sepher

Are you kidding? After the whole thing with the Earth Dragons? Not to mention the Lightnings being exiled.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  9. Knight of laziness

Knight of laziness New Member

Well, you have a point. But here we have another fact: Dragons not use only magic in medicine. They have potions and other instruments to heal wounded dragons. And here we see Dr. Lucis refuses not only to treat, but just examine patient. Because patient is fire dragon! And from comment of Sojourner we assume Dr. Lucis don't know how to treat other elements. But it sounded a bit silly. Doctor who have many years of experience in medicine don't know how to treat other elements...

PS I think with that all racism tiger and dragon society right now live together and don't depart in influence of "Hating enemy from outside". Disappear one of this societies and another start new war between their own kind. More coins in "Establishing peace" and Kilani's point of view *clink* *clink*.

10. Sojourner

Sojourner of the Draconis Order

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Protecting the Multiverse, one Innocent at a time.
    The "doesn't know" explanation was just a hypothesis, and somewhat a devil's advocate situation. She could know everything about treating all the elements and just doesn't care.