1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Addictive Science Celia is Helping

Discussion in 'Cervelet's Works' started by Cervelet, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

2. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

Is she quetzalcoatl?

3. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

The zap will bring the hurt! And a potential dragon transformation...

4. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    I can’t help but feel that Celia’s help is going to somehow end up transforming the thus dubbed Blue Trench Coat Guy into some kind of female animal that isn’t a dragon. I’m also surprised that Celia is helping this guy out instead of insisting that this guy buys the soda instead. I mean…she does get a royalty from the soda, right?

But on another matter, I must say that I absolutely adore the color page here. Besides it being in color, the text is easier to read too! I also noticed that there appears to be some kind of pattern overlay effect going on with the colors too. Is there any way we can get this as the new norm?

5. Cervelet

not really, no. XD

I was wondering how the reactions would be as it's quite a bit of a departure from the rougher brushes (the whole lineart got vectorized) and the gradients are all smooth. The reactions are very positive so far.
    Tomek said he's open for another collour collab, I think it's likely we get some small shorts in colour here and there but it will be very random.

Which fits the comic just fine. : P

6. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    I'm guessing he gets dragon, but more sexy than badass.

7. Cervelet

8. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    HA! I so knew this would result in him becoming a woman. And nice throwback to that one mini-arc.

9. Cervelet

10. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Oh man…I haven’t seen Lukas that scared in a long time. Then again, you would think that he would’ve built up some kind of immunity by now to it.
    Regardless…Celia has a plan!? We should all be afraid…so very, very afraid.

Wait…so is Celia asking Lukas to hold onto her bottom have or is that just a turn of phrase?
    Wait…how does one turn a phrase? What kind of mad science is this?

But in all due seriousness, I wonder why Celia now wants to build a swamp. I suspect it might be an intentional gift to Lukas since he and Geenie tend to talk long walks in the woods.

11. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    She's doing a swamp as a test... To be honest, I think it would be more awesome if she made a volcano. Either way, we get left with the question of, "Is their place gonna get totally swamped?"

12. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

More awesome yes, but she has a point that Mad Scientist Tower goes with Spooky Swamp. Now a volcano you have to build your lab INSIDE the volcano. Or in one instance, have it be an observatory.

13. Cervelet

14. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I don’t know if it’s a good idea to mix two things into one thing unless you can exploit it on social networking, like Sharknado. #Throwback I mean a Swampcano or a Volamp doesn’t have the verbal appeal in my eyes.

I’m actually surprised to see these two working together so calmly. I thought they were some kind of mad science rivals. I also can’t tell if the doctor is in denial about acting more fox like or if he simply doesn’t notice it yet.

15. Cervelet

16. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Is that how normally communicates? With the whole singing and waving? I ask as that's so cute. And it's nice that Lukas is just playing along to be nice with it.

Also, since the pumpkin is being classified, does that mean that MiB has to be classified too?

17. Cervelet

18. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I'm beginning to suspect that Lukas has selective understanding. It's like selective hearing but with different languages instead of sounds. On the plus side though, Lukas doesn't have to get a shower. That's...actually a pretty sweet idea. Instant magical showers!

19. Cervelet

20. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    This is relevant…

A Pessimist is what an Optimist calls a Realist.jpg

And I’m actually surprised that Lukas turned into something that wasn’t cat-related this time around. Or at the very least, a female version of said animal. Or even worse, an actual dog. Can you imagine being stuck as a dog for the rest of your life, like this…

unnamed.jpg

Or this…

The_Shaggy_Dog-006.jpg

21. Cervelet

22. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Wait a minute…just Lukas have a secret desire to be a wolf person and howl at the moon or something? XD

But on to more current matters, I must say that I got a kick out of Lukas’s use of double entendre on swamp. Then again, I also got a kick out of the double entendre on hot dog via Celia’s shirt and species! XD

23. Cervelet

24. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Well, to be fair, Lukas does tend to try and ruin Celia's plans all the time. And they do technically live together in the same water tower. So...ideally, he would make the prefect villain. Also, Celia has Catherine who is pretty much her foil. So...wouldn't Celia therefore be the evil sister then?

25. Cervelet

I like to think Catherine was supposed to be evil in the grand scheme of narrational convention, and utterly failed at it.
    That would mean that Celia was supposed to be the good one, and also utterly failed at it.
    Lukas would then be supposed to be the idealistic hero, while sometimes he manages to be a bit heroic he utterly failed at the idealistic parts.
    So it's a lot more like real life in that most people are failures.

Wait what
    [​IMG]
    http://addictivescience.katbox.net/comic/just-swamp-things-3/