Call of Cthulhu meta RP campaign (OOC and interest thread)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Hey guys. This is an idea I've had for a while, and want to see if there would be any interest in. My idea is to play a game of Call of Cthulhu with a group of people not only RPing in the game, but also RPing as character around the game table (much like Knights of the Dinner Table or, if any of you remember, Dungeons and Dames). Basically, you'll be RPing both your character in and out of game as you play through scenarios with a GM.

What if I don't have the core rule book for Call of Cthulhu?
Well, we'll not be playing the full rules of the game. Most of the RP focus will be what's going on around the table. For the game itself, I will be using the Quick Start rules and some online resources. The Quick Start Rules can be found for free on Drive Thru RPG, the publisher's website, and other PDF gaming site if you need the rules, unless you're RPing as someone who's borrowing books from others, or someone who is ignorant of the rules.

Who will be running this game in the RP?
I have two possible characters in mind for this, but you won't know for sure until the RP starts. They are characters of my own, not Katbox characters.

How are we going to tell what would be in game and in RP dialogue?
We will talk about how we will format the RP posts before we start the RP.

What Scenarios will we run in this?
I cannot say here, since I would rather not have any outside of game knowledge ruin the game itself. Especially if you're someone who has played Call of Cthulhu before.

Can we try to cheat the game in the RP?
That's something that can come up while you're RPing as characters around the game table. Say your character is trying to pull something on the Keeper (the Call of Cthulhu term for a GM), and we can try to RP a situation like that. Just be mindful that the GM character will try to catch you, and there will be something to happen if you get caught.

Post any other questions down below, and if you have interest in this.

Last edited:

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
If anyone would rather, we could also play the other Cthulhu themed game, Delta Green, which also has a free quick start rulebook, however I don't have nearly enough material to run this.