Character Boris and Caroline: Fun Science

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Hey there fellow scientists!!! :XDBoris: :pointsCaroline:

As a scientist, I imagine you two have a knack for learning and discovering new things about the universe and life. Have you two ever thought about teaching the next generation of future scientists? :amazeSarah: You know, like the innocently bright minds of children? :XDSarah: Can you two make science fun?

For “motivation” and “inspiration” into this potential endeavor, here’s one guy I know you’ll both probably like...I hope...

Hope to not die a slow and painful death hear from you soon.

Jul 25, 2013
Space
You're suggesting that I teach children?! Mr. AMP, I thought you knew me better than that. What do you think would happen if I got locked in a lab with a bunch of snot-nosed ankle-biters? SCIENCE would happen, that's what. And the children would never be seen again.

... Unless one or two of them survived through enginuity. I might consider an apprenticeship for a gifted child, but it would really depend on the child.

Sir Boris

Katbox Comic Character
May 21, 2010
Space
Oh, lighten up, Carol! Teaching children is actually a great way to spend your days.

I actually have been a teacher for many years, at different learning levels. I think my favorite students are adult university students, because they know how to behave and the ones in my classes are already very dedicated to the pursuit of knowledge... Or are my favorites the very young children? They think in the most abstract of ways, and even doing the most basic of learning exercises, they can surprise you with an ingenious new way to solve a problem.

Let it be known that I have many titles, and one of them is Professor!

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
Interesting you say that Boris. In my experience, college students are awful. They don't follow the lectures, don't read the books and have less maturity than your average 2nd grader. Young kids can be great, if what you are doing grabs their attention. If not, oy.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
@Dr. Wimble
OH MY!!! I didn't think you would do anything to the children. Couldn't you take out your frustration with those kids by dissecting/experimenting on @Mr. Kissefello instead for the kids? :amazeKissefello: I know he enjoys it very much. :steamedKissefellow: Think of the children!!!

@Sir Boris
I had no idea that you were an actual teacher of young minds. It must have been quite the exciting experience to teach both young and old folks about the wonders of the world with such dynamic personalities.

Thanks so much for the stellar answers.

NekoSabrina

Katbox Forum Member
Feb 29, 2012
Well, Caroline, if you don't think teaching children is your style, how about something more along the lines of the MythBusters? A lot of their science gets pretty interesting (and sometimes explosive). Perhaps you might find more enjoyment in that?