Art Bone Inks

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
I work in color as well but inking is, they tell me anyway, my strong point. Which is a shame because furries hate (or at least are extremely adept at ignoring) non-color work. So! Have some non-color work!

Two recent pieces I did, one a commission, one a cover for a horror comic:

I'll continuously update this thread with new stuff, occasionally in color ahaha

Last edited by a moderator:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Color or not, this stuff is freaking fantastic! I especially like the second image with the battle stance pose.

Seriously though, color doesn't really matter to me. I like art all the same.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
Color or not, this stuff is freaking fantastic! I especially like the second image with the battle stance pose.

Seriously though, color doesn't really matter to me. I like art all the same.
Well thanks man! I have lots to say on the merits, strengths, and advantages/disadvantages of black and white traditional artwork so I'll keep posting!
[DOUBLEPOST=1444942164,1444853943][/DOUBLEPOST]A lot of my furry friends play "Destiny" with me so I've ended up doing a whole lot of pieces themed around Bungie's MMOFPS:

I've got one more that's mildly NSFW but I don't know how to do the little drop down thing.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
Man, you're good! Do you do any non-furry work?
I do! It doesn't come up as often but I'm currently doing art direction for a roleplaying game about martial artists and people occasionally show up in my comic "False Start". I also used to do murals and exhibit design for museums which usually ended up involving superheroes, here's me working on one:

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
Superheroes?? Do you, perhaps, do commissions? Because I'm a huge fan of superhero stuff and I'd love to have a piece done in your style like that. It's an OC of mine. I've had several other artists draw him up, but I never get enough.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
Superheroes?? Do you, perhaps, do commissions? Because I'm a huge fan of superhero stuff and I'd love to have a piece done in your style like that. It's an OC of mine. I've had several other artists draw him up, but I never get enough.
I do commissions, there's a very large queue currently (Anthrocon may have gone a little TOO well!) But if you're the patient type then here's the starter prices:

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
I am indeed a patient type, having been raised in the woods hunting and fishing and munching on Questing Knights that wander to my cave.
And I'd so love to have a couple ink wash-style pieces done, one a human, the other an anthro version of the same guy. So, please, add me to the queue.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
I am indeed a patient type, having been raised in the woods hunting and fishing and munching on Questing Knights that wander to my cave.
And I'd so love to have a couple ink wash-style pieces done, one a human, the other an anthro version of the same guy. So, please, add me to the queue.
Well you'd have to pay me and all, if you want to talk payment details and options email me: boneitisuno@gmail.com

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
Hmm, a lot of these are showing up as broken links, starting with the bottom three in post #3
They appear to be working on my end. I haven't been on a forum in a long time and I'm not sure about the ins and outs of posting here so I may have done something that caused them not to work elsewhere.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
Well hopefully a mod or someone can see the thread eventually and look into it/give me some advice on how to fix it. In the meantime, here is a new broken .jpeg I've created:

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Well hopefully a mod or someone can see the thread eventually and look into it/give me some advice on how to fix it. In the meantime, here is a new broken .jpeg I've created:
For whatever reason your first pic is returning a 403 forbidden message when plugged directly into the browser. I'll see if there's anything that can be done to fix it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445315701,1445315558][/DOUBLEPOST]I edited your first post. It's showing up for me now.

@Captain Video if theres any more broken ones please let me know

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
For whatever reason your first pic is returning a 403 forbidden message when plugged directly into the browser. I'll see if there's anything that can be done to fix it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1445315701,1445315558][/DOUBLEPOST]I edited your first post. It's showing up for me now.

@Captain Video if theres any more broken ones please let me know
Thanks! Is there a specific image host people tend to use here that might be more consistent?
[DOUBLEPOST=1446158045][/DOUBLEPOST]Having perused the assorted comics on the Katbox by now I'd have to be blind to not realize that there's a certain sort of subject matter that's popular amongst the user base. Namely: women. Here's how I draw them:

This was one of my favorite things I drew this year and got an overwhelming one comment on FA.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Thanks! Is there a specific image host people tend to use here that might be more consistent?
[DOUBLEPOST=1446158045][/DOUBLEPOST]Having perused the assorted comics on the Katbox by now I'd have to be blind to not realize that there's a certain sort of subject matter that's popular amongst the user base. Namely: women. Here's how I draw them:
This was one of my favorite things I drew this year and got an overwhelming one comment on FA.
That is a traesty. This is glorious!

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
That is a traesty. This is glorious!
Thanks! If nobody objects I'll use this as an excuse to post some mildly NSFW ones (and simultaneously learn how to use the site's spoiler tags):

A Luis Royo inspired one:

And, for the same commissioner as the previous piece, an African Painted Dog:

I'll be doing more colored work in November I swear!!!

Last edited:

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
I hate to say it, but I can't see any of the images. FurAffinity doesn't allow people to post images on other sites like that. Perhaps links to the page their posted on would work better.
I had two of them posted elsewhere so I re-linked them. It would seem some people can see the FA linked images and others can't. As I mentioned above: if there's an image host that most people use here I'd love to know it!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
DANG! I must say that you did a fantastic job with these women, especially on the Luis Royo one. Those eyes are just so stunning.

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
I had two of them posted elsewhere so I re-linked them. It would seem some people can see the FA linked images and others can't. As I mentioned above: if there's an image host that most people use here I'd love to know it!
I use postimage, seems to work for me.
BTW, I can see the ones in the spoilers but not the first female one you posted. Strange.

Bone

The Katbox
Sep 7, 2015
I use postimage, seems to work for me.
BTW, I can see the ones in the spoilers but not the first female one you posted. Strange.
Well I think I've figured out a solution then. It seems hosting them from FA is VERY spotty so that's out. I'll just link them from my tumblr, since that seems to work for everyone.

Thanks for the help everyone and, even more so, for the feedback on the actual images!