1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by White Tiger, Jul 16, 2017.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

I'm not a huge BlazBlue follower, but this one caught my attention, recently. This was just announced by Arc System, at Evo 2017, and it is getting some folks excited because of a couple of cameos that are being made in it.

The thumbnail probably already spoils it, but the cameos are Persona 4's Yu Narukam, someone from Under Night In-Birth, and RWBY's Ruby Rose. The Persona cameo isn't a big game-changer since the series is equally popular in Japan, just as BlazBlue is, and Under Night In-Birth is from the same group as BlazBlue.

However, Ruby getting a spot is pretty exciting because she's from a small, American-made anime. They even went so far as to have Lindsay Jones -- Ruby's original voice actress -- do her lines, in this trailer. I assume she'll do them for the game, as well.

2. Falc

Falc Bat Friends Gallery Volunteer

Personal Text:
    Resident Nihilist
    I'm really excited for this. Last time I played fighting games regularly was when the original Blazblue came out, so it's neat that the same series is bringing me back in. But yeah, RWBY is actually really popular in Japan. Most likely, this will be a PS3/PS4 and Steam release initially.

3. Paradoxfox

Paradoxfox Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Lol RWBY. I might check it out but I normally don't play fighting games.

4. kevassilu

kevassilu Katbox Forum Member

Persona, RWBY, and Blazblue in the same game? Never thought I'd see that happen.

Surprised they didn't throw in Guilty Gear too.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Jul 18, 2017 ---
    New trailer today announcing Rachel, Hazama, and Weiss.

So far the current roster looks like this.

Blazblue
    -Ragna
    -Jin Kisaragi
    -Rachel Alucard
    -Hazama

Persona 4 Arena
    -Yu Narukami
    -Yosuke Hanamura

Under Night In-Birth
    -Hyde
    -Linne

RWBY
    -Ruby Rose
    -Weiss Schnee

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  5. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Funny thing about that. BlazBlue was created because ARC Systems lost the rights to Guilty Gear to Sega. While they are the developers of the game, Sega still holds the rights for the time being.

6. kevassilu

kevassilu Katbox Forum Member

New Trailer.

Noel, Chie, and Waldstein announced.

Roster:

Blazblue
    -Ragna
    -Jin Kisaragi
    -Rachel Alucard
    -Hazama
    -Noel Vermillion

Persona 4 Arena