Suggestion Auto-Close Old-as-Stone Threads? :3

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
could there be such a thing, that the forum locks topics to anyone but the original poster (and staff, of course) if they've been inactive for more than a few months?

Just figured that could be useful, seeing as someone's going around, raising the undead, right now... XD

LannAF

Biggest idiot ever
Aug 23, 2013
Sin city
Personal Text
Not done yet!
I don't really see a point in it. Some threads are fully capable of being bumped with appropriate content as opposed to making a new one every single time or asking the OP to bump it for them. Necro posters only come once every so often, and they just have to be told not to do it once or twice and the problem is over.

An example would be like some of the gaming threads, or music threads. Those are far too big already to just delete them, and sometimes they go inactive but are eventually bumped back into life. Just doesn't seem necessary.

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
Gallery Volunteer
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
I don't really see a point in it. Some threads are fully capable of being bumped with appropriate content as opposed to making a new one every single time or asking the OP to bump it for them. Necro posters only come once every so often, and they just have to be told not to do it once or twice and the problem is over.

An example would be like some of the gaming threads, or music threads. Those are far too big already to just delete them, and sometimes they go inactive but are eventually bumped back into life. Just doesn't seem necessary.
I support this stance. Automatically sealing things away permanently only shuts out possibilities.

Dec 9, 2013
Personal Text
This text is personal to me
However I agree and disagree with the above. I could go post on a old topic about a character or a argued topic from like two years ago, shure. But who really looks at those? There are certainly threads on the help desk we would never want to throw away because people need to view them and ask questions. But considering the fact that everything in the "Artist Alley" threads eventually lose their luster and activity but could still be a good source for information for people who like to dig. Why not lock those threads? A month seems a little short but maybe 3-6 would be nice. Then we don't need to worry about those threads anymore, they are still available to look at, and out with the old in with the new y'know? Its not such a bad idea. I can see how you came to this idea scorp. Ill defend your case, don't worry.