Discussion Another question about the party

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Hey all, I was going back and looking over some of the recent strips when I hit #1757 and that got me to wondering: Do you all think Dan may overhear about what happened to Abel while he's attending Piflak's party? Piklak's parties are big deals and for someone personally invited not to attend, well it would be unthinkable for someone whose not in Abel's current condition! Remember too in comic time the attack was very recent and likely will be a topic of conversation among those attending who are from Zinvth. Hizell personally attacking a 'cubi and not finishing him off would also set tongues wagging as the second part is unheard of! We've been pretty focused on Dan & Regina meeting at the party and the potential disaster that could be but it's good to remember that some other equally important things could happen as well.

Tapewolf

Someone who records sounds on strips of rust
Oct 23, 2013
Hey all, I was going back and looking over some of the recent strips when I hit #1757 and that got me to wondering: Do you all think Dan may overhear about what happened to Abel while he's attending Piflak's party?
Yes. I have been wondering if that's going to be the main source of drama or intrigue rather than Regina and Dan. Dan's agreed not to attack her, but defending himself against her is going to be another matter. Having got Dan to agree to this, it is almost inconceivable that DP - who is a smart cookie - forgot to drum into Regina's head that he's arranged a truce.

However, there is the fact that Hizell, who Dan now knows would kill him on sight, has nearly killed Abel, who was supposed to attend. And one of Hizell's buddies is now known to be in attendance. The fact that Abel was supposed to attend at all is interesting, we still don't know why that was, but we do know that his invite was delivered by an avatar of Quoar, which is even more intriguing. So there's an awful lot of interesting stuff that could potentially happen even if Dan and Regina just stand there exchanging small-talk in frosty tones.